Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2004, 09:23 AM   #16
Emmangel
Administrator

I've just looked at the rest of the extras, and they also have an 'Angel 100' featurette, which means that we may get an interview with CC, or at least some BTS footage. Theres also To Live & Die in L.A.: The Best of Angel and the gag reel, which while I'n not hopful, may pehaps have some CC stuff on.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:25 AM   #17
Kika
An Endless Repetition

I have to concur that she is interesting to listen to. I didn't know who she was at the time I heard her speak, she was simply a name to me as I'd never seen her act before, but she did keep my interest which I don't imagine was an easy task in such circumstances. I can't see it being all bad, she may actually surprise you.

Perhaps she isn't the greatest actress, I've not really seen her enough to form my own opinion, but Angel sucked despite her, not because of her.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #18
DamnSkippy

I'm just curious if the extras mention any of the the other cast doing commentaries on an episode. So far, none of the regular cast has ever done commentaries on any DVDs, just the "Special" interviews. So it's kind of surprising for there to be cast of any kind doing it.

I just wonder if it's been a case of Fox (or whoever makes that decision) preferring directors/producers to do them or if the cast has just never wanted to. I also wonder if in today's contracts there is now a clause stating that a writer/director/producer's responsibilities might include such commentaries as part of their deals and, therefore, would not be required to pay them extra for doing it whereas actors would have to be paid thus a good reason for them not to ask them.

Anybody have any insight on this?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:49 PM   #19
Angelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
I'm just curious if the extras mention any of the the other cast doing commentaries on an episode. So far, none of the regular cast has ever done commentaries on any DVDs, just the "Special" interviews. So it's kind of surprising for there to be cast of any kind doing it.

For the specifics of the S5 DVD's you can look here. Of the regular cast it looks like DB will be doing commentary on 'Soul Purpose' (which I'm guessing he's doing because he also directed it) and AA and AD are doing commentary for 'A Hole in the World'.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:58 PM   #20
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube1013
where can you get the seperate dvd's? b/c no way in h**l am i buying all of that season that was not "angel"
Wherever you buy the boxsets, in stores like Virgin, Circuit City, Best Buy. The single DVDs will usually be right next to it.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:12 PM   #21
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelia
For the specifics of the S5 DVD's you can look here. Of the regular cast it looks like DB will be doing commentary on 'Soul Purpose' (which I'm guessing he's doing because he also directed it) and AA and AD are doing commentary for 'A Hole in the World'.
Thanks, Tracy. That was kind of depressing. I still hate being reminded of 99% of S5.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #22
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
Quote:

I just wonder if it's been a case of Fox (or whoever makes that decision) preferring directors/producers to do them or if the cast has just never wanted to. I also wonder if in today's contracts there is now a clause stating that a writer/director/producer's responsibilities might include such commentaries as part of their deals and, therefore, would not be required to pay them extra for doing it whereas actors would have to be paid thus a good reason for them not to ask them.

Anybody have any insight on this?
Actually, actors did do commentary on season four. Andy Hallet paired with David Fury on "The House Always Wins" and Joss and Alexis did "Spin the Bottle".

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:23 PM   #23
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
Wherever you buy the boxsets, in stores like Virgin, Circuit City, Best Buy. The single DVDs will usually be right next to it.
thanks, i've just never seen singles of "angel"
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:24 PM   #24
LaLa247
Wooo!

So...anyone willing to burn me the Charisma parts on a DVD when it comes out?

I'll pay!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #25
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by That*clown
Actually, actors did do commentary on season four. Andy Hallet paired with David Fury on "The House Always Wins" and Joss and Alexis did "Spin the Bottle".
Ahh, I haven't gone through S4 yet. I just got them a little while ago and from my cursory view of them it didn't look it had much of anything extra. Really quite disappointing which, I guess, goes well with how disappointing that whole season was so I shouldn't be surprised.

Lara, I'll more than likely buy S5 just because I need to have a complete set and for screencap purposes, so I can make you a DVD of YW. Did you just want her scenes or the whole episode? There really aren't too many scenes she wasn't in as I recall.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:57 PM   #26
Kit

Quote:
Lara, I'll more than likely buy S5 just because I need to have a complete set and for screencap purposes, so I can make you a DVD of YW. Did you just want her scenes or the whole episode? There really aren't too many scenes she wasn't in as I recall.
Totally interrupting your convo here but you know what you can do? You can cut the part where Cordy dies and just end the episode where she ran and kissed the hell out of Angel. You can "re-write" the episode! The whole series! *sigh* The power of technology.

ETA: I'm such a deluded fool.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote