Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2004, 01:33 PM   #151
askew

It might be in CC's best interest not to be cast as WW.

I would hate to have her appear in a horrible, cheesy version of Wonder Woman.

And as much as I love Charisma's work, I wouldn't see her in Kill Bill Vol. 3 for free.

Quote:
EHab, "Kill Bill" is so cartoonishly gory, I don't see how people can be offended, y'know? It's honestly like a live-action cartoon. He made a friggin' cartoon- GoGo is a walking anime, for crap's sake! lol
I actually loved Pulp Fiction and Resovoir Dogs and I was horribly offended by this film. It was completly unnecessary violence and the rape scenes made me angrier than I have been since Short Cuts. There were about 10 people who walked out of the theatre during my showing of Kill Bill Vol. 1 and I seriously regret not walking out of that movie.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #152
Mab
The orbit of your hips

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Didn't Lynda Carter have a pictorial in Playboy?
I don't know about Playboy, but she had one in Penthouse.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:10 PM   #153
Headed4Hollywood
EMETIB

I agree regarding Kill Bill 3... Quentin Terrentino scares me lol.

As for the whole thing about Charisma losing her front running spot for WW? Puh-lease. I think it will all blow over, sure some of the execs may think it's controversal at this point, but these things have a tendancy to be forgotten. I hate how a celebrity can't do one thing they want to do, without a zillion comments on how it will affect their careers. meh.

In the mean time, maybe post-cards to execs/marvel/studios wouldn't hurt

*Daphne
Old 05-03-2004, 01:53 PM   #154
KarKar

My take on Rucka was that he wasn't speaking for himself but was responding from the scuttlebutt around the offices.

I'd hate that this would take CC out of the role she's really interested in but unfortunately it's one of the risks of doing nudes.

And yeah, I think CC could do something better than Tarantino. I was surprised at how boring Resevoir Dogs turned out to be and can't get excited about Kill Bill which sounds like a video homage to his favorites. I think those fights with Spike Lee rattled something too hard.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:04 PM   #155
tojoson

well, it seems that Brad Pitt has done some nude shots for Vanity Fair.
does anyone think this will hurt his chances in his next movie

however, i have concerns about CC doing this movie,
the track record for comics to movies being successful is pretty poor, the producers keep trying to futz with the storylines to get their own visions of the characters, and this doesn't match with what everyone knows, so the movie fails (like roger corman choosing Talisa Soto as Vampirella--if he was doing this movie he would probably cast Lara Flynn Boyle or Calista Flockhart as WW).

i think CC would be better served to get a role as a NEW kick-ass character, where there's no preconcieved ideas of her character.

i would like to see CC create a character who, when the film is remade 30 years down the road, everybodys preconcieved idea of the character is Charisma Carpenter
Old 05-03-2004, 08:07 PM   #156
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
May I just say that that man is beautiful. Forty years old, yes, he is.

Quote:
(like roger corman choosing Talisa Soto as Vampirella--if he was doing this movie he would probably cast Lara Flynn Boyle or Calista Flockhart as WW).
Well, it worked soooo well to cast Tobey Maguire as Spiderman...

I don't see a problem with Talisa Soto being Vampirella- she's pretty...vampy. And gorgeous to boot.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:56 PM   #157
tojoson

i agree, talisa soto is pretty, and vampy, and gorgeous but she was not in danger of falling out of her top all the time, which is the image of vampirella that comic readers have. Julie Strain would have been a better choice.

now i'll grant that image isn't everything, but it is a big part of a pre-existing character. Cathy Lee Crosby did not fit the image of Wonder Woman in the first movie, but Lynda Carter did in the series
Old 05-04-2004, 03:45 PM   #158
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
does anyone think this will hurt his chances in his next movie
Double standard sure, but I don't think nudity is viewed the same way for men. Especially not one who is already an A-lister.

Nor is Vanity Fair the same as Playboy. Hypocritical probably but having Annie Leibawitz or whoever shoot you for a nude cover on that is more "art."

And I agree with you on Julie Strain. The woman has the figure and campy aspect for Vampirella but I wonder if age was an issue. She's been around for awhile compared to Talisa. Also, Julie's one of the best B actresses around, which can be a pro and con. Although for Corman, that shouldn't matter. The guy who churns out stuff like the "Wasp Woman" isn't going to be breaking into the same league as Cameron but should take advantage of the built in audience that Julie has.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:34 PM   #159
webwarlock

Ok I got them.

This is from "Woder Woman: The Ultimate Guide to the Amazon Princess" by Scott Beatty DK Publishers.

and a close up.

I mean the hair and the smile is SO CC.

Warlock
webwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:02 PM   #160
cordyfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by askew
It was completly unnecessary violence and the rape scenes made me angrier than I have been since Short Cuts.
there was more than one rape scene in Kill Bill 1?

i'm kind of curious (and not at all trying to instigate anything) but what angered you about Kill Bill exactly? if i recall correctly, the rape scene wasn't too graphic.

and without spoiling things, i highly suggest Kill Bill 2, the body count and blood is drastically reduced and there's an increase in exposition. i can't really say if one was better than the other because they honestly were very different. (IMHO)

and...to make this post actually CC-related, CC is great. that is all.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:11 AM   #161
Visionity28

agreed- Kill Bill Vol. 2 was VERY different from the first vol. It had more emotions, calmer scenes- it was amazing and impressive (as usual for tarantino work).
Visionity28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:13 PM   #162
askew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordyfan83
there was more than one rape scene in Kill Bill 1?

i'm kind of curious (and not at all trying to instigate anything) but what angered you about Kill Bill exactly? if i recall correctly, the rape scene wasn't too graphic.

and without spoiling things, i highly suggest Kill Bill 2, the body count and blood is drastically reduced and there's an increase in exposition. i can't really say if one was better than the other because they honestly were very different. (IMHO)

and...to make this post actually CC-related, CC is great. that is all.
For me, Kill Bill Vol. 1 had too much senseless violence. I don’t mind violence in movies, if it serves a purpose and isn’t gratuitous. KBV1 just went way, way over the line in my opinion. The violence was played as fun. They seemed to stretch out the killing of someone way beyond what was needed. The movie’s tone towards violence seemed to be more in line with the scene in True Romance where Patricia Arquette gets the cr*p beat out of her for about 5 minutes (also written by QT). It’s just completely unnecessary and disgusting, in my opinion. The two implied rape scenes were Uma, while she was faking a coma and the little girl under the bed, while her mom gets raped. The first scene seemed to be played for laughs and I just think rape is a subject that should never be played for laughs.

I think I'll be skipping KBII just to be on the safe side.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:27 PM   #163
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
For me, Kill Bill Vol. 1 had too much senseless violence. I don’t mind violence in movies, if it serves a purpose and isn’t gratuitous. KBV1 just went way, way over the line in my opinion. The violence was played as fun. They seemed to stretch out the killing of someone way beyond what was needed. The movie’s tone towards violence seemed to be more in line with the scene in True Romance where Patricia Arquette gets the cr*p beat out of her for about 5 minutes (also written by QT). It’s just completely unnecessary and disgusting, in my opinion. The two implied rape scenes were Uma, while she was faking a coma and the little girl under the bed, while her mom gets raped. The first scene seemed to be played for laughs and I just think rape is a subject that should never be played for laughs.
I don't think O'Ren's mother was raped. They threw her on the bed and then stabbed her. I originally thought she was gonna be raped though.

I agree with you on the Coma!Rape. It was unnecessary, like when Marcellus was raped in "Pulp Fiction". But it was quintessential Tarantino, so it didn't really shock me. I think it was played for laughs because you knew that The Bride was gonna kick his ass for it. And she did. Did she kill Buck and that other guy, or just hurt them really badly? Either way, she got her revenge on him.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:54 PM   #164
Visionity28

You have to remember that its also JUST a movie. You can't take everything so personal.There was an almost-rape scene on BTVS- you remember, Spike and B? Look, obviously not everyone is going to agree. Kill Bill wasn't hardcore to me and I love that film- Tarantino has such a creative eye and I'd love to see CC in one of his future films.

Also, O'Ren's mother WASN'T raped.

We've seen far worse in other movies- you have to admit that.
Visionity28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:56 PM   #165
cordyfan83

Quote:

I think I'll be skipping KBII just to be on the safe side.
Oh yeah, forgot about that scene. Personally I was more offended by the sight of a grown man in bed with the very young (not-so-innocent) O'Ren Ishii. Sure it was a cartoon, but as far as I can recall, that was the only scene that made me uncomfortable when I first saw it. ( I was a little scared where it was going).

I can see your point about how QT dealt with the hospital rape in a pretty "light" way. But on the other hand, it was sort of told from the point of view of Buck and the male nurse. In their eyes, they probably did think of it as a joke and did not consider how wrong wrong wrong it was. I think it led to more of a justification for what The Bride did to them after. (Maybe justification is too strong of a word, but it certainly helped them to look less sympathetic to the audience.)

And honestly, I don't work for Miramax or anything but in Vol. 2 you can count the number of onscreen deaths on one hand, and I am pretty sure they filmed it using only about 1L of fake blood.