Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 02-05-2004, 12:10 AM   #46
harbuddha
*get me a seabreeze*

charisma is the only actress that would render me speechless and bawling after such a wonderful performance. thank you. it was a great ride.

"Life and death, that sort of thing they got a handle on-but love? That's just good 'ole free will."
harbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:11 AM   #47
argel
beloved cordelia

I don't have a lot to say because words fail me for right now.

I think all I can say is that Charisma has my everlasting respect and affection.

And Cordelia...will never really be gone.

I've run out of words. At least I'm nowhere near running out of tissues. I'll be back sometime tomorrow when I've processed things a bit.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:16 AM   #48
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by Mab
Oh, crap. I had just dried up and now you go and mention "All Good Things..."
Unfortunately this wasn’t "All Good Things." I shed a tear at that but I was also smiling. BECAUSE I KNEW WE’D SEEN THEM IN A FEW MONTHS IN THE UPCOMING TNG MOVIE!!!

I want Joss’s blood on a document that he will sell his car, his remaining hair, and what’s left of his pride to get her back for the happy C/A series finale.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:29 AM   #49
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

"All Good Things" was wonderful and in my opinion, much better than Generations. When this was mentioned, I knew the episode had to be good.

[Any Babylon 5 fans might also here mention SIL. As I've been thinking of Cordy as Angel's Ivanova, this might have extra resonance.]

Anyway, been reading the subtext thread. Sounds like it was great, and I hope the last line was delivered as well as I imagined when I read it. Might have to ask a friend for a copy of the episode.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:35 AM   #50
Helena
Paolo Maldini

Thank You Charisma and Cordy!! You are and were the heart and soul of the gang/family and the show. Happiness and sucess to you both!!

Helena.
Charisma's bitch #378,Team Cordy ?

"It was great to have her back," says David, breaking into a rare smile.
"The show started with Cordy and Angel and it´s been hard not having
Charisma on set this season. We missed her presence, her energy."
(Cult Times #105, 2004)
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:54 AM   #51
Izzychase
Canuck For Life!

To:

Cordelia- Thank you for all the laughter and tears you gave us all through out the eight years of BtVS and AtS. You are a true hero in the finest sense of the word, and you stayed loyal to your friends to the end, and never stopped believing in them. We love you.

Charisma Carpenter: Thank you for bring a character to life so vividly and in such a believable way that we stayed with this character until she grew and developed into a strong, empowered, courageous and yet compassionate woman that girls everywhere can look up to. Forget "Every girl can have that power. Every girl can be a Slayer". It's now "Every girl can be a Cordelia. Every girl can stand up for what's right, just, and true."

Thank you and I wish you continued success in all your future endeavours.

Iz (proud to carry the last name) Chase.
Faith In Faith #001
~Still Missing Doyle~
Doyle and Cordelia: Heroes to the very end.
Proud Cordelia/Angel, Giles/Jenny, Wesley/Faith, Dawn/Connor, and Lindsey/Lilah shipper
Izzychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:42 AM   #52
Clln
Classic Stranger

Thank you Charisma for portraying a character that has won her way into the hearts on this board.

Old 02-05-2004, 06:40 AM   #53
Emmangel
Administrator

Hmmm, so do I need to hunt down the doll orgy pics? Wouldn't be a party without those...
Old 02-05-2004, 07:04 AM   #54
missdini

I remember the first episode i watched was "Untouched" and i found her character so cool, really. She was the only girl among 3 men and the way she talked and interacted with them impressed me. I wasn't a C/A fan right from the start, i liked Wes/Cordy (i loved their scenes together) and Angel/Darla. And although the storylines were interesting, what kept me watching was the hope that next episode would be a Cordy-centric one.
Then i started to inform myself about the show on the net and i learned that CC and DB were on the show Buffy before, which i never watched (when i learnd that some of my friends watch/ed the show, i was like... really? why? ). I read a lot about the show and the actors and so i became a big CC fan. And then i started to read different foras and i learned about the "B/A forever" crowed and this very crowed (who seemed to dominate every Angel fora) was very nasty toward the character of Cordelia an even CC. So i was glad that i found ST, i think a link was posted on the WB board. And i learned that there actually were Cordy and C/A fans. I started to read the C/A subtext threads and fell in love with the C/A ship and i started looking out for subtext every episode (that was toward the end of season two, here in Austria).
Well, i'll always love the character of Cordelia and thank you CC for portraying her so well, in good and in bad (season 4) times!

Last edited by missdini; 02-05-2004 at 07:06 AM.
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:19 AM   #55
Yoda-Mira
Wanna live before I die.

She looked absolutley gorgeous, stunning, amazing. Her acting was even better. She plays this character so well and to watch what she's become is just utterly speechless.

I was crying at the end. I don't think this will be the last time we see her, but if it is she did an amazing job and I'll always remember!
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:09 AM   #56
Mrs O-Town
Mmm...salty goodness

I haven't seen it yet but I just wanted to say goodbye to Miss Cordelia Chase, and hello to Charisma Carpenter.

We're not done yet!
Mrs O-Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:17 AM   #57
williamthebloody
Rest in peace Queen C

I so don't know what to say, still in shock.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #58
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Emmangel
Hmmm, so do I need to hunt down the doll orgy pics?
NO. No, you DON'T.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:03 PM   #59
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
NO. No, you DON'T.
And now my feelings are hurt. *sniff*
Old 02-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #60
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I think the most powerful thing you can say about Cordelia as a character is she was so much a part of two different series that when she left each, she was never replaced, no matter how many characters were brought on to try. It's been an absolute pleasure to get to know her.

My most powerful tribute to Charisma Carpenter is she is the one who breathed life into this character, often times with little or no script support.

I look forward to Charima's future endeavors. May she find another character as worthy of her as Cordelia Chase was.