Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #46
Fatima
Our Girl

This is really sad news I hope everything works out for them.
Charisma's Bitch #9
Team Cordy™ Member #55
So Hard Gal #55 Supreme ruler
Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
~Martin Luther King Jr~
Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #47
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Aw man! That's so sad! I always thought they were perfect together.... Well, I wish them the best of luck and hope they can work it all out.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #48
Bryan

Unhappy

Bringing this over from CC.Com.............

http://www.eonline.com/print/index.j...Type=newsStory

Very very sad.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #49
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Aw, Jeez...

That's a shame. The eonline story indicates this could get a little heated.

I have no idea what issues are involved, but both seem very gracious and pleasant. They were both very kind and friendly to me in our brief meeting a while back. I hope that things workout for them, I really do. But even if they end up in divorced, I hope they can remain amicable.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #50
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Oh boy... this could get really ugly... I hope she can work real soon...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #51
Clarice

This seams bad ç__ç

I hope not only in a new role, but also in a good role. She deserves it.
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #52
rolandro

OUCH.
could've seen that coming though. . .
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #53
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

*cringes* Oh man, that's bad. Hope she can work soon....
Old 12-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #54
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I'm not a lawyer, but I know several people who have gotten divorced, and protecting your assets is part of the process. When someone is trying to beat the pre-nup, you don't just defend, you attack. Seems like standard operating procedure under the circumstances, but I reserve the right to be wrong.

Actually, this has been a pretty darn good quarter for CC, work-wise. New roles on three different shows, two of which are confirmed recurring (Greek and Big Shots). The WGA strike and possible SAG action next June do underline the intrinsic uncertainty of the industry, though, and that's a truism you can take to court.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #55
rolandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but I know several people who have gotten divorced, and protecting your assets is part of the process. When someone is trying to beat the pre-nup, you don't just defend, you attack. Seems like standard operating procedure under the circumstances, but I reserve the right to be wrong.
Unfortunate, but true. Assets, for sure (house, cars) but nobody's liquid. Because she's in that 'working, but not attached' segment of the SAG, her story gets featured as 'how the writers strike is hurting working Hollywood'. I'm sure there are some behind-the-camera types - wardrobe people, some gaffers, some PA's, hairdressers and makeup artists - in the same boat.

Last edited by rolandro; 12-19-2007 at 12:19 PM.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #56
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
I'm not a lawyer, but I know several people who have gotten divorced, and protecting your assets is part of the process.
Yup. I think E! accessed the docs thru public files, then made a sensationalistic story out of what is, basically boilerplate lawyer-ese.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #57
[[giggles]]

Quote:
Yes, and in fact they've broken up and gotten back together before, so personally I wouldn't rule that out.
Same. I think this is temporary (even if it's going to be a long temporary). CC must love...who's she married to? (so obvious I don't watch talk shows/read interviews). She mentioned her two boys were her world when she got that D squared tattoo, right?

I don't know, but something tells me they'll get back together. If it really is a romance gone sour, I don't think it was on CC's part.

But still, this makes me sad.
[[giggles]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #58
[[giggles]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic View Post
Oh here we go. I'm ONE of those men am I. Believe me dearies, I am all for equality. I believe that women should be up there with men. I believe that they deserve and work just as much as men and should be given their due. I don't however believe that married couples should share outside, whether it be the man or woman. When you make those vows you should stop all that, IMO. LIke sex. We have sex with different people through our lives but when we marry we stop and keep it in the marriage. I believe its the same with showing your body for men and women. How would you like it if your husband did a shoot for Playgirl and you knew people like your sister, your best friend were looking at him and admiring what he's got. Not to mention what's gonna happen if her son ever finds it.
I agree with you, somewhat, what's right for us might not be what's right for CC/D.

Also, I find it amusing that you call CC a "celebrity." I guess I classify the term to tightly, since when I think of celebrity, I think limelight, I think A-List, I think...Paris Hilton. I honestly don't feel CC's popular enough to be a celebrity (in my mind). It seems to me that like Holly, she keeps her outside of work life pretty private (but again, I don't watch TV much anymore. In fact, the only TV I watch these days are mostly GG, AtS and S1 of Dark Angel).

Last edited by [[giggles]]; 01-07-2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: TV stole my brainz. Had to get them back, yo. Had to get them back!
[[giggles]] is offline   Reply With Quote