Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

New Darren Star series...

...not on Fox, so no Gail Berman to get involved yea- or no-ing certain actresses for the lead part:

Quote:
THE MODEL (ABC, New!) - "Sex and the City" creator Darren Star has inked a two-for-one pilot commitment with ABC. The pact calls for Star, through his self-titled Sony Pictures Television-based banner, to develop two series projects at the Alphabet, one of which is guaranteed a pilot order. Already set up as part of the deal is "The Model," a single-camera comedy described as "That Girl" set in the New York modeling universe. Darlene Hunt ("Good Morning, Miami") created the project and will executive produce along with Full Picture's Desiree Gruber and Jane Cha ("Project Runway"). No details however were released about the second project being developed as part of the deal.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
v120176

Well, he wanted CC as a regular on Miss Match, right?.
Also, I think Gail Berman didn't want CC because Nick was already in the cast of Kitchen. At least that was what the fandom understood. I mean, I can understand that..... the role CC got was Cooper's girlfriend, and already CC and NB had a strong identification with BTVS and also as a ship of that show... I can understand that someone didn't want that. More... I think I kinda agree with that, letting aside that it was CC the actress that didn't get the job.
It's like you put CC or Eliza Dushku or even JB on Bones. Except you do the VM promotion of Willow/Cordy reunion and in some way a tribute to ATS, the fans will see a Cordy/Faith/Darla & angel reunion and not a new character..... So in that way I understood GB's possition.

Letting aside what happened with Kitchen (and I think it ended being the best for CC) I think Darren Star having a new show it's a good chance for CC.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Sounds like it would be a good vehicle for CC.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Explain to me the comment about one camera. Are most sit-coms filmed like that, or is it supposed to have that live following someone steady-cam feel?

Thanks.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote