Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
tojoson

Bones

Bones is on tonight, at 9:00 P.M.

looks like it may be on next week too
Old 08-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
wereleopard

on the website it says first season repeats cause i think the new series starts on august 30th, don't quote me on that though.

Lea
wereleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Helena
Paolo Maldini

There is a short interview with DB in this weeks TV WEEK. Anyone got a copy?

Charisma's bitch #378,Team Cordy ?

"It was great to have her back," says David, breaking into a rare smile.
"The show started with Cordy and Angel and itīs been hard not having
Charisma on set this season. We missed her presence, her energy."
(Cult Times #105, 2004)
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
jsdpfan15

I watched the season finale of S1 tonight on rerun, and this was the first time I've caught an episode and I must say I cannot wait until S2 now!

Does anyone know of good Bones sites so I can get caught up with show stuff, beyond the official site @ Fox? I did a search online and couldn't really find anything...Thanks!
jsdpfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
DamnSkippy

You can look at the lj community "206 Bones" (http://community.livejournal.com/206_bones/profile), which has a lot of traffic, links and information, and here's a Bones Web Ring with a bunch of links (http://m.webring.com/hub?ring=circleofbonesweb).

Other sites:

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/index.php?page=bones
http://beyond-bickering.net/
http://s12.invisionfree.com/Forensic_Files/index.php
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
v120176

Ratings for Bones premier

There are good news and bad news:

The good one: it won the timeslot.

The bad news: it made 5.5/10 This number is under the season 1 premiere and the numbers the show had when it got paired with AI. Confirms the tendence to loose viewers and it was the worst rated premiere of FOX from this year (Justice got almost 6 points). And also it went against nothing practically....
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #7
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

5.5/10 isn't that bad. Is it?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
5.5/10 isn't that bad. Is it?
Not in my book. But the numbers are always bad as far as V is concerned. I don't see why 6.0 for Justice is that much better. It's still the end of the summer and no one expects season premieres to be this early. In any case, I'm happy enough and I've seen nothing but good reviews about this episode and Bones in general so I'm not afraid of Fox cancelling it anytime soon.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
In any case, I'm happy enough and I've seen nothing but good reviews about this episode and Bones in general so I'm not afraid of Fox cancelling it anytime soon.
Don't ever go by my opinion, I think it's a horribly stupid show but that's me and my tastes.

However, unless Bones was pulling in House type numbers last season (and I really don't know) 5.5/10 doesn't seem like a huge let down.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
5.5/10 isn't that bad. Is it?.

It's not bad per se, but the're not good. According to Zap2it and Futon lost between 20% in Household taking the premiere last year and 34% (I think in demos). And take in consideration that Bones got a lot of new viewers when it was paired with AI. (the media there wasn't 7.5 more o less?) When House increased the ratings thanks to AI, the next year the show kept the ratings. Bones didn't. More it didn't even get the same level of viewers than the season 1 premiere and, let's face it, It was no competition yesterday.

I don't think Justice did that well, the stronger competition was a CM's rerun, but at least got near 6 points and increased the lead (the networks take that in consideration a lot, according to some TV forums).
I don't say it's going to be cancelled or that's a risk. Except some huuuuuge dropping, or disaster it will have a full season, that's for sure, IMO. But those numbers are not the best exactly, more after having the back up of AI and not keeping those viewers.
Let's hope the next week get better. But anyways... always the numbers are bad for me even when I said they were good or stable

Last edited by v120176; 08-31-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
But anyways... always the numbers are bad for me even when I said they were good or stable

I must have blinked when you said any of last season's Bones ratings were "good or stable". Every post of yours that I can remember about their ratings was always heavily biased toward the negative connotations which is why I don't really take anything you say about them to heart. I just look at the numbers and make my own interpretation. I guess that's what we all should do.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 PM   #12
v120176

Maybe you don't remember very well. Check the time when they went before AI or even before the hiatus, you know before changing the day... back there when we discussed that what could put in risk Bones was the cost of the show, since and I remember clearly saying it, the numbers were stable, but not too much good if the cost of the show was high, but showing that it had a good base of fans.
More, at that time I remember being more "optimistic" or favorable than other people here, when someone posted (not me) something (don't remember if it was an articule or several posts in other places) about the numbers fo the show, something like maybe FOX could not be happy even when they ordered a full season (wich with FOX means nothing). So, no, I wasn't always negative about the numbers......

But don't worry, I exclude myself from this Bones Thread, so no more problems. I even got the premiere days ago and I didn't say anything here about my opinion, even when they were things that I liked a lot. But from now, I won't post the numbers or anything.
But as I said, I got it gets better and have the past season numbers at least (hope it's due to the time, even when it's common that FOX premieres early).

What I couldn't see was Justice (the file a friend sent me had bad quality becuase the compression). I'm going to download it later probably.
and can't get anywhere it's House's premiere

Last edited by v120176; 08-31-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:20 PM   #13
DamnSkippy

You don't have to exclude yourself from this thread. You have as much right to post here as anyone else. I know your feelings about Bones, so I *personally* try not to let anything you say affect the way I feel about the epi or the show in general. We have different opinions on most things about this show, and that's fine.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
Mo angel
TallGoodLookingWeirdHair

Location: in the undead heart of the California wine country..
Happy to say I was really looking forward to the S2 premiere and was not let down one bit. The show has grown character wise from last year. Talking to another Buffy/Angel fan (the series as a whole, not B/A shipping) from Malibu tonight, we were all over the show and very happy with the outcome. Of course we both think David is the bomb! But also no-people-skills-what's-her-name is coming along as well. And I think bringing this new Camille into the mix will only up the friction quotient. OK, so DB is still the show and I can see why producers didn't want him to change his read of the character one bit. Next weeks ep brings a chill of Lacy Peterson's demise, which was right here in my backyard, (SF bay area) so to speak. And I'm still reeling from Kyle XY's season finale. New eps aren't until NEXT YEAR!

Mo
Mo angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #15
Mo angel
TallGoodLookingWeirdHair

Location: in the undead heart of the California wine country..
OK, so I guess I'll chime in here and get my only the lonely thing going on. Whoa, did Boreanaz look HOT in tonights installment of Bones, 'The Mother and Child in the Bay'. First thing right off it looks as though he's channeling his inner Angel with the black silk button down shirt and THEN, it's all about the black leather jacket to top it off. Midway thru he's in a very nice greyish blue suit with a red tie, then at the end he's in his fashion mag shoot with the camel leather jacket. I know I'm obsessing here but I just can't stop the panting! It was nice to finally see his 'ex' and of course the much talked about but rarely seen son, Parker. Booth was definitely in 'daddy mode'. The episode as a whole was very good even with the EEEK moment when it was discovered the baby was cut out of the mother and then replaced with a dead infant. Tempe was in her motherhood denial place and kind of bitchy throughout although I like Camille's more compassionate side and the two of them continue to go at it. I'm really waiting for the blow up cat fight between them. In all, good episode, really nice scenery! Well, ok, eye candy!

Mo
Mo angel is offline   Reply With Quote