Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 05:17 AM   #1
Jaime Bee

C/A in Seasons 1 and 2

I'm new to these seasons.
I've only seen clips and a few episodes here and there. I started watching the show more in Season 3.
What are the best Cangel Episodes and moments from these seasons?
Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
rousedower
cancelled

I think the best C/A eps in S1 would be "Expecting", "Room With A View" and "To Shanshu in LA". But just about every ep in S1, with the exception of "Sanctuary", has some nice little C/A moments in them.

S2 is a little more difficult because Angel is all about Darla for most of the season. There are no real C/A eps, it's all about the little moments.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower View Post
S2 is a little more difficult because Angel is all about Darla for most of the season. There are no real C/A eps, it's all about the little moments.

I have to disagree about there being no real C/A eps in S2. Yes, there are quite a few moments early in the season, but there's a ton of stuff from "Epiphany" on. All the things he tries to do to for Cordy to make up for being an a-hole are funny and touching. So I'd check out Epiphany, Disharmony, Dead End, Belonging, and the Pylea arc.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
samsmom

My favorite of the Pylea arc didn't even include Cordy in the scene.

When that Pylean guard calls Cordy the 'cow bitch', and Angel gets real close and says "call her that again and I'll peel your face off. Slowly."

*swoons*
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
stormy
Hopeless Romantic

The sniffing of the hair in "Dear Boy" ( I think) is enough to make me grin for quit awhile. It's just more subtle in Season 2. mostly. there's also that big talk in the first or second epi of S2, the "i'll be there til you do" speech
I'm slipping, I used to know all these names!!
Time to pull out the dvd's again.....

www.denimday.com
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
Jaime Bee

Thanks Everybody for your replies. I just discovered Angel on late or early in the morning this week on TNT. To Shanshu In LA was on this morning.
The episode rocked and even had Angel worried So much about Cordy. Perfect episode. I also loved that Cordy wanted to help Angel So much and couldn't help but grin a knowing smile to myself when the woman asked if he was a good friend or something like that.

Oh why did Joss change his mind about Cangel?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #7
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Me too. I used to know all the ep names off the top of my head, today I had to actually think about them. lol It's been years.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
Jaime Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
The sniffing of the hair in "Dear Boy" ( I think) is enough to make me grin for quit awhile. It's just more subtle in Season 2. mostly. there's also that big talk in the first or second epi of S2, the "i'll be there til you do" speech
Time to pull out the dvd's again.....
Oh yeah I still have those clips.

What about your inevitable stardom?

I'm not saying I won't have a day job.

The smiles.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
samsmom

Ok. In Untouched - Bethany with the mojo -

At the beginning, Cordy is trying to convince Angel to pay Gunn. She's sitting at her desk and nudging Angel when Gunn comes through the door and snarks about getting paid. She nudges him, he turns and sort of bends over her, saying "I'll talk to him, okay", giving in of course, and she gives him that 'thank you, I know you will' smile with the exaggerated flutter of her eyelashes and he sort of turns back to the others with that little smile of indulgent affection..........

I love that, right there.

Plus before that, when she's at the counter with her chin in her hand, all sleepy and snarky, he comes over to her on the opposite side of the counter and sort of bends into her, or leans into her, they're so close they could almost be kissing..........

I love that part too.

Plus, she got jealous when Bethany twirled that scarf over his body.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
The whole scene about Angel being a "no bone" has always been a favorite of mine. It was really a C/A moment. Yes, she was worried about the curse but at a baser level she was bothered by any female who got close to Angel. Buffy and Darla for lingering hold on his affections; Kate she hated because she was competition and Bethany was a potential threat as well.

It's a time-old thing: I may not want him/ can't have him but you certainly can't either.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #11
Jaime Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post

At the beginning, Cordy is trying to convince Angel to pay Gunn. She's sitting at her desk and nudging Angel when Gunn comes through the door and snarks about getting paid. She nudges him, he turns and sort of bends over her, saying "I'll talk to him, okay", giving in of course, and she gives him that 'thank you, I know you will' smile with the exaggerated flutter of her eyelashes and he sort of turns back to the others with that little smile of indulgent affection..........

I love that, right there.

Plus before that, when she's at the counter with her chin in her hand, all sleepy and snarky, he comes over to her on the opposite side of the counter and sort of bends into her, or leans into her, they're so close they could almost be kissing..........

I love that part too.

Plus, she got jealous when Bethany twirled that scarf over his body.
I don't think I've seen that episode. Sounds good though.