Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #31
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Is this still going on? I always thought Pilot season was in March/April prior to the Big May annoucements?
Pilot season seems to be pretty much year-round now, what with a growing number of first-run shows premiering in the summer and the trend toward "unbroken" seasons of series like 24.

Re the series in question -- I'd definitely watch. And it's perhaps fortuitous that CC has just done another ABC Networks movie comedy. I remember that a few poobahs seemed pleasantly impressed by how well See Jane Date did.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #32
nickletv

Annnnnd yet another show!

ABC to try 'Footballer's Wives"

Now I know CC has said no dramas but this is an ensemble soapy drama, right? It's possible she wouldn't have crazy long hours.

And honestly a role in this project seems made for her- she can be a fun, rich, bitchy, catty, conniving, and brainy new wife, dumped trophy wife, mistress, or the naive newby wife who hasn't been tainted by the world of celebrity yet. She may start off seeming like she was playing another version of BtVSCordy or Kendell, but we all know CC would bring the subtle shades needed to flesh it out.

If this show is done right ( Hopefully it'll go the way of NBCs 'The Office' rather than NBCs 'Coupling') it could really POP into a big hit. It's a perfect heir/compatible show with Desperate Housewives.

I know we're a long way off from this show even happening, but hopefully CC will be kept in mind if/when they start casting. ABCFamily is really pushing her in 'Relative Chaos' (she gets top billing in all the ads I've seen run). ABC keeps casting her, hopefully they'll finally give her a series project.
nickletv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #33
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'd be interested to see how Footballer's Wives would work on US TV, they'd certainly have to tone it down. Yuu're right about it being a perfect companion for Desperate Housewives and Prime Time Soaps are making a comeback.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #34
tojoson

how about this one

[uel=http://pro.imdb.com/news/hwr/2006-09-27/tv/13]here[/url]

I know it's not a comedy, but the way things are going with comedies these days, she just may have to settle, and she DOES have a history with Lifetime
Old 10-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #35
nickletv

Welp the lead for Miss/Guided went to Judy Greer (kudos to her because she deserves a lead comedy) so that's out.

However in watching and falling in love with Ugly Betty I see a goldmine of opportunities for CC in guesting on this show-

-it's got comedy
-it's got drama
-it's got camp
-it's got over the top soapy love
-it's set in the high and snooty fashion magazine industry so you've got opportunities for her to play fashion model, fashion critic, fashion editor, snarky publicist, snarky fashion designer, and/or be Daniel Meade's latest conquest and rival editor of another fashion magazine.

She's got at least 3 connections with the show- ABC, Eric Mabius and soon to be added Christopher Gorham.

If I can't have CC then I want Nicky B or ASH on this show. ASH as a British version of the Meade corporate dynasty would rock. And Nicky B....they could drop him in anywhere on the show. LOL
Old 10-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #36
tojoson

here's a couple from the futon critid's development update

Quote:
UNTITLED DAVID SHORE/PETER BLAKE PROJECT (NBC, New!) - "House" creator David Shore and fellow "House" writer Peter Blake are set to team for a potential new "House"-esque drama about a female cop. The untitled hour is set up at NBC Universal Television with Blake and Shore writing and executive producing. No other details were released.

UNTITLED DIANE RUGGIERO PROJECT (The CW, New!) - "Veronica Mars" writer/producer Diane Ruggiero has scored a put pilot order from the netlet for a new drama about two very different young women and best friends who unite to fight crime after a mysterious event gives them superpowers they can use only when they are together. The project is set up at Warner Bros. Television where Ruggiero will pen the pilot script and executive produce.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:22 AM   #37
Platypus
The Pointy End

Here's another potential possibility for CC, in that it's a new show being co-produced by Darren Star, who may remember her from his "Miss Match" days:

Manchild

Even though it's focused on a quartet of men, I'm sure there will be ample possibilities for regular or recurring female leads - otherwise, how will they flesh out the guys' relationships without making them all gay?

Other advantages? I like John Corbett, and I think CC could play off someone like that really well. It's also going to be on Showtime, which has a bit of a 'quality' veneer to it - who knows, it could be the next "Weeds".

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #38
tojoson

'Manchild, ' that's the series that ASH (Giles) did after Buffy, isn't it?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #39
nickletv

So Amy Sherman Palladino of Gilmore Girls fame has a new show at FOX (or is doing the piot at least). Think CC has any shot at this? ASP says she has certain actresses in mind, but her style of dialogue and story makes me think CC could do this. And I always thought CC would've been perfect as Lorelei's cousin or doppelganger on the show, LOL.

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000049
Old 12-12-2006, 10:59 PM   #40
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickletv View Post
So Amy Sherman Palladino of Gilmore Girls fame has a new show at FOX (or is doing the piot at least). Think CC has any shot at this? ASP says she has certain actresses in mind, but her style of dialogue and story makes me think CC could do this. And I always thought CC would've been perfect as Lorelei's cousin or doppelganger on the show, LOL.

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000049

That sounds right up CC's alley. I hope she gets a shot at it. I've never read an interview with ASP before. I would says she's a pistol but she's more like a rocket launcher. Day-um!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #41
tojoson

Oh my God, I started to drool when I read this one.
Better than Wonder Woman, with jass.

this would be perfect
Old 01-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #42
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Another project better than Wonder Woman.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #43
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Oh, the Bionic Woman? That would totally rock and CC would be great in the role. Actually she'd be perfect for it.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #44
tojoson

Here's some more possibilities for CC

click here sorry link for IMDB-PRO only

copy in post #46 below

I could see her in any of these

Last edited by tojoson; 01-09-2007 at 07:47 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #45
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

there is nothing there.what are they?
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote