Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Yeah, but it pretty much sounds like that's it.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #17
Syn
insane clown girl

I'm really liking season two so far, and I really hope that Fox renews it for 13 more episodes, but Fox and I never see eye-to-eye about anything, so I'm not putting my chickens in that basket. Or even having chickens at all.

But onto the show. I'm loving the new Echo. Her glitching is interesting, and the fact that she knows what's happening to her just puts a whole new dimension on things. Her latest excusions have been interesting--though the lactating was definitely taking it too far. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Lactating!Buffy on that one. I had to snicker.

Ballard so has a thing for Caroline/Echo. I love how complicated that is, and how he's just not sure what to think about the whole situation.

Alexis's voice bothers me too, but only in a "he's just not saying things right!!!!" way. By the way, I had no clue that Alexis had Bell's Palsy. Where have I been that I don't know that? Color me surprised. I'd love to see where he's going with this though, because he doesnt' come off as a "bad guy"...which I don't really think that he is. That's what I like about the Dollhouse...they're the "bad guys" in a very gray sense of the word, but the stories are told mostly from their POV, so sometimes we forget that. At least I do.

Last week's episode was both creepy and funny. Victor acting like Kiki just doesn't get any better. Ballard's reaction tickled me. What I wonder though...is Echo just remembering when she was the serial killer, or is he still stuck in there somewhere? And will he pop up again anytime soon?

But yeah. Still loving the show. I really want Alpha back though. What can I say? Alan Tudyk's arms deserve their own show. A GUN SHOW! (my apologies for that one....)
Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #18
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Yeah, but it pretty much sounds like that's it.
Sounds like they won't pick it up for a full season, but could decide to order another 13 after these air. Probably not, but if it's cheap enough it might be worth their while to air it in the summer in a better timeslot.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #19
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
I really want Alpha back though. What can I say? Alan Tudyk's arms deserve their own show. A GUN SHOW!

Haha haha! I think that's pretty dang funny!
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #20
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Sounds like they won't pick it up for a full season, but could decide to order another 13 after these air. Probably not, but if it's cheap enough it might be worth their while to air it in the summer in a better timeslot.
Doesn't seem likely, if they were willing to put the money out for another 13 eps they'd probably do it this season rather than wait a year and a half for a mid-season replacement. I don't think FOX does much original programming over the summer.

I wonder if FOX (studio) would ship this around to SyFy? Then again the ratings aren't exactly great, even for Scfy...I think SGU is pulling in aroun 2.47 million viewers and that's lower than expected (I think).

Quote:
"We're going to run all the episodes," Fox scheduling chief Preston Beckman said. "We're not saying we're happy with those numbers, or accept them, but we don't have to overreact. During [November] sweeps we might have to jack up the numbers a little [with other programming], but we plan on completing the order for this show."
I wonder what they mean by this? Are they planning on pulling the show for sweeps or maybe provide a better lead in? I was thinking they could air a Bones repeat at 8PM...might draw more Whedon fans
Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #21
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone View Post
Haha haha! I think that's pretty dang funny!
I make my own fun. :P

Honestly, I'm expecting Fox to kill this soon, and I always have. That's probably why I'm not very attached to it. I like it a lot, and love it sometimes, but in the end I keep it at arm's length.

They need to take the seeds planted in Epitaph One and do a Syfy movie or something. For realzies, babe. For realzies.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #22
jerry

Quote:
Doesn't seem likely, if they were willing to put the money out for another 13 eps they'd probably do it this season rather than wait a year and a half for a mid-season replacement. I don't think FOX does much original programming over the summer.
Well, they said they wouldn't make a decision until all the episodes would air. If they put the show back in production after that, I don't think they could get it back on the air until summer.

Quote:
I wonder what they mean by this? Are they planning on pulling the show for sweeps or maybe provide a better lead in? I was thinking they could air a Bones repeat at 8PM...might draw more Whedon fans
They'll probably pre-empt it a couple of times (I'm not sure if the World Series will air on a Friday, but even beyond that). But replacing the current lead-in with reruns of Bones, House, or Fringe would certainly help. Bones is compatible because of DB, Fringe is compatible because it's a SF show, and many people miss it on Thursdays because of the competition, and House just has a big audience even in reruns.

I don't think boosting the ratings for DH is a top priority at Fox, though. I suspect they are just going to keep airing it because they paid for it, and let it end after 13.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #23
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Well, they said they wouldn't make a decision until all the episodes would air. If they put the show back in production after that, I don't think they could get it back on the air until summer.
Yeah, I pretty much took that as their way of killing it without actually saying their going to kill it.

Quote:
They'll probably pre-empt it a couple of times (I'm not sure if the World Series will air on a Friday, but even beyond that). But replacing the current lead-in with reruns of Bones, House, or Fringe would certainly help. Bones is compatible because of DB, Fringe is compatible because it's a SF show, and many people miss it on Thursdays because of the competition, and House just has a big audience even in reruns.

I don't think boosting the ratings for DH is a top priority at Fox, though. I suspect they are just going to keep airing it because they paid for it, and let it end after 13.
I agree that I don't think they care enough about the show to prop it up but figured they might want better numbers for the night during sweeps.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #24
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

From the 'it's possible people are taking this a bit too seriously' files, at least you can't say they aren't listening.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:45 AM   #25
superscar

It's true that they're probably just keeping it around for their friends at 20th to make some cash on DVD sales, but I don't care why it is here - I am so loving the second season. I miss Amy, I love her storyline and she is brilliant as always. I adore her.

The guy that plays Victor is really good. I'm looking forward to the Sierra episode too. Kind of a nervous excited.
superscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #26
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I just saw on Twitter that Joss Whedon is going to direct an episode of Glee!. Does that mean it's official that Dollhouse is over or can he do both?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #27
DamnSkippy

Quote:
I just saw on Twitter that Joss Whedon is going to direct an episode of Glee!. Does that mean it's official that Dollhouse is over or can he do both?
I think Angel is evidence enough that he can't handle more than one thing at a time.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #28
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I read the article he's going to direct an episode in the back 9 of Glee! So the 13 eps of Dollhouse will be completed but I'm guessing that's it.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #29
Syn
insane clown girl

I really loved the Sierra episode...especially the Topher bits. It's about time we got some more insight into him. This episode was so dark, but I'm glad that Priya killed that guy. He so had it coming. I feel so bad for her, but at least she has Victor. How adorable was he? I think I'm a little in love with him myself.

I really can't wait to find out what Echo means by the "storm".
Old 10-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #30
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Caught up with the episode this morning, and I enjoyed it. I find Sierra/Priya interesting instead of the show always being All About Echo. I am also a fan of the actor who played Nolan (Vincent Ventresca), so it's great to see him getting work.

Hurray the return of Boyd having a decent sized part. Since there was no Tahmoh, does it mean that the writers have trouble writing more than one strong guy?

I am learning to like the actress who plays Adele the more the show goes on. She didn't move me at first.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote