Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #46
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima View Post
"..."
don't get me wrong like most of you I loved the first 2 seasons liked Season 3 hated Seasons 4 and 5 but thats just me.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #47
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel View Post
That pretty much sums it up.
Heh. I don't try to be profound. *g*

That being said, I think when you're at the point that you're having a meltdown now that gives the kookiest of the Ducks back in the day a run for their money? It's time for an intervention. Seriously.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #48
Emmangel
Administrator

Oh yeah. Back then when it was fresh I got it, I totally did. Years later though? Eh. I've been through the seven stages of grief and I've moved on.

There's too much good pr0n, wank and pretty boys to live in the past.

Case in point? Sendhil Ramamurthy. Just as pretty in RL as on TV. TRUFAX.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #49
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Oh yeah. Back then when it was fresh I got it, I totally did. Years later though? Eh. I've been through the seven stages of grief and I've moved on.
I think I came to the realization that I had finally reached that level when I chuckled at a post Little Joe had made over at Whedonesque about Evanescence and Final Fantasy.

Doesn't mean that I'm suddenly mainlining Firefly eps or anything but still.

Quote:
There's too much good pr0n, wank and pretty boys to live in the past.
Ah-yup. I'm totally enjoying the brain fluff that is SGA and when I start taking it too seriously, I just have to remind myself that it's never been profound, it's all about Flanigan's ears and Hewlett's heart-shaped ass. *g*

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Old 03-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #50
Emmangel
Administrator

Bu... but wait... What about Flanigan's hair?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #51
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Bu... but wait... What about Flanigan's hair?
Hee. Well, that too but for me it's the ears...or do you not recall me trying to convince you to lean over him at a con and tweak 'em? *g*

Old 03-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #52
Emmangel
Administrator

LOL. after that girl decided to grope his chest I decided against it. Perhaps next time I could launch myself at him from a flight of stairs.

After all, it worked with Jensen.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #53
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
LOL. after that girl decided to grope his chest I decided against it.
Hee! Well, I figured that if you blamed it on me, you totally could have gotten away with it. *g*

Quote:
Perhaps next time I could launch myself at him from a flight of stairs.
I confess the image of you/me/anyone grabbing his ears to circumvent momentum is making me giggle like an eight year old.

Quote:
After all, it worked with Jensen.
Have you shared this adventure in an ElJay entry? Because I'm pretty sure I want to read all about it.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #54
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima View Post
Have you shared this adventure in an ElJay entry? Because I'm pretty sure I want to read all about it.
I may have at the time, but I forget if and where I did. Here it is, though it's only mentioned in passing.

Long story short, last May Jensen was a guest at Asylum (a horridly disorganized event if there ever was one). The con was full of rabid Jensen fans who were new to conventions, which provided amusement and problems all of it's own. One fan took it a little too far though.

Jensen was walking from the photo room to the lift, where a fan launched herself off the stairs she was on and onto Jensen's back, wrapped her legs around him and refused to move. She had to be dragged away by security. Even that didn't stop her and she kept trying to get to him again as he fled for the lift and ended up slammed against a wall with several burly men holding her there. Total whack job if there ever was one.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:22 PM   #55
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Total whack job if there ever was one.
No doubt.

There were some people "reporting live" from Asylum at LJ and various message boards. Everyone was afraid that, after "the flying fangirl" incident, Jensen would be so freaked (and who wouldn't be if some nutjob jumbed on them from a staircase?) that he'd cancel the rest of the event (for which no one would've blamed him). And, as you might imagine, people weren't feeling kindly towards "the flying fangirl."

But, after taking some deep breaths and a minute to calm down, Jensen stayed, and went on with the show. Because he is awesome.

As for AtS and BtVS, it's a little late to get upset over any behind-the-scenes goings on.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:24 PM   #56
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Jensen was walking from the photo room to the lift, where a fan launched herself off the stairs she was on and onto Jensen's back, wrapped her legs around him and refused to move. She had to be dragged away by security. Even that didn't stop her and she kept trying to get to him again as he fled for the lift and ended up slammed against a wall with several burly men holding her there. Total whack job if there ever was one.
Hmmm...interesting. I'll have to try that if I happen to run across Johnny on a lower level one day.

As for getting upset over AtS, really. That was so four years ago. It's time to move on.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #57
samsmom

But it's never about getting upset over AtS - it's about getting upset about Spike being an interesting character with many fans or about DB not getting revered as a god among men by *everyone* in the universe, including his former co-workers. AtS s4 and s5, plus Cordelia, only get trotted out when it's pointed out that this is a CC-C/A board and *no one actually cares if DB isn't worshipped by his former co-workers*.

And flying fangirl - she was arrested for assault, I'm hoping? Cuz yowza, that's batsh*t.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #58
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

And they say Supernatural isn't a bad influence. Bah!

Quote:
Have I ever said C/A was wrong.

Oh yeah I did but when I go back and re-watch the show from time to time I' am thinking it could of worked if they got together at the end of Season 2 after that there was no chance in hell that it would work out especially once Groo showed up.
Uh, yeeeaaah...

Quote:
Besides I always liked the borther/sister vibe from Angel and Cordy more because I think it worked better as well I mean why try and sick these characters together anyway aren't they fucked up enough as it is.
You seemed pretty unmovable at the time. A little recapping changed everything, I guess?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #59
Platypus
The Pointy End

Slowly sneaking into the thread...

Am I the only one here who had no trouble believing that DB (based on past interviews, etc.) might have actually at least joked about pooping in someone else's trailer?

...slowly sneaking out of the thread

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #60
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Slowly sneaking into the thread...

Am I the only one here who had no trouble believing that DB (based on past interviews, etc.) might have actually at least joked about pooping in someone else's trailer?

...slowly sneaking out of the thread
I'd google, but I'm at work and I don't think I need the funny looks from IT.