Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Back to You: The "Gracie's Bully" Discussion Thread

Here at last: the discussion thread for CC's appearance on Back to You. Share and enjoy.

Don't forget that this thread will include spoilers for those who are not in the Eastern and Central U.S. time zones. Spoiler font is not necessary to discuss the episode in real time, so keep this warning in mind if you'd prefer not to know what happens.

If for some reason you know what happens before the show begins its first U.S. airing, well, keep it in spoiler font until it's been broadcast.

Have fun!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
DamnSkippy

Wow, that was disappointing. What did she have? Like 30 seconds on screen? And half of that was taken up by Kelsey Grammer drooling over her.

I hope she at least made some great connections. I noticed James Burrows directed and he's possibly the biggest named sitcom director around so that couldn't hurt.

*sigh* Well, she got a paycheck and her face on ABC.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
tojoson

welll:

not a very big part, no funny lines for her,
but DAMN she looked fine.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
Kit

Is it me or is this show really, really sucky and stupid? That scene with the weather girl trying to pronounce a word made me roll me eyes.

I think the only part that made me giggled is the fact that CC's character had a son named "Zander". Nevertheless, it is good to see CC. She looked gorgeous. I wish they'd let her do more though. Wouldn't it be more funny to see her and Patricia Heaton going at it like two mama bears?

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
nodakskip

Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
nodakskip

Old 11-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
nodakskip

Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Can someone please recap what's occurring in these pictures?

Me havey to work.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #9
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch View Post
Can someone please recap what's occurring in these pictures?

Me havey to work.
CC has a son (Xander) who has been picking on Heaton's/Grammer's daughter, Gracie. Heaton lost her temper and threatened the boy so CC comes over to have it out with her. Before she arrives, Grammer says he'll back up Heaton all the way. There's a knock, Grammer opens the door and his jaw drops when he sees CC. CC starts blessing out Heaton and Grammer, instead of supporting Heaton, starts supporting CC and trying to get her to have drinks with him. CC gets a phone call and excuses herself from the room. That's it.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #10
starlet2367
glitterati

Crap! My DVR stopped recording it right after she went out to answer the phone. What happened after that?
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
Crap! My DVR stopped recording it right after she went out to answer the phone. What happened after that?

Heaton yells at Grammer. They start acting like kids and flicking each other's ears. Gracie shows up and tells them the only reason Xander was mean to her was because he likes her. That's it I think.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

To follow up Deb's post, Gracie comes in and says everything's okay because Xander apologized to her and then told her he only picked on her because he likes her. (Yeah, it was just about as lame as it sounds.)

This was definitely a company-you-keep move for CC, at least. James Burrows' name is still magic in some circles, and he directed this episode personally. Now on to the big gig.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #13
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
This was definitely a company-you-keep move for CC, at least. James Burrows' name is still magic in some circles, and he directed this episode personally. Now on to the big gig.
Plus Grammer produces a couple of different shows on TV. So that can't hurt. I was pretty disappointed that I missed it but I guess I didn't miss much. I'll wait for Big Shots.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 AM   #14
starlet2367
glitterati

Like Penny said, this was definitely a company-you-keep job. In addition to getting to work with the director, CC got to work with Grammar, who produces Medium and the critically acclaimed (though now defunct) Girlfriends. He does a great job creating shows about smart, real women and while CC's scene with him was short, it was amusing. (I loved how she kept shutting him out in favor of talking to Kelly.) Maybe it'll be enough to get her some attention on the bigger networks.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

A perfunctory role in a routine sitcom. Bills need paying though. And I don't believe I'll watch this show ever again.