Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2006, 07:39 AM   #31
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I think I could do this. I don't live that far from Galveston, and my family are all even closer than I am. They live about an hour or so away in the Houston metro area. One brother is in Kemah, my dad in Pasadena and the other brother in Baytown.

I'd love to meet more Strangers. I met a few in London back in 2002, so how 'bout some more?
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #32
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone
I'd love to meet more Strangers. I met a few in London back in 2002, so how 'bout some more?
You did! I still have the photos to prove it. LOL
Old 07-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #33
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Okay, I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine a post from Prima axe-ing about Quest Mode in DDR-X2, but I can't find it now to save my life. Aaaaaanyway -- I actually had to research the answer, because all I ever do are Free Play and Workout Mode, but whatever.

The short answer is that there is nothing called Quest Mode in X2, and I don't know enough about video games to know whether or not that's a synonym for Game Mode. But the game has missions (score enough points to buy new music and courses), and there is a selection called Dance Master Mode, that lets you select missions, courses, and special targets. There's also Advanced Mode, where you go in with Course Mode available and can unlock three additional modes if you earn enough points.

It seems that the really notable things about X2 are 1) Hands and Feet support in Free Play Mode (using EyeToy) and 2) online play. Which, I gotta tell ya, I'm thisclose to biting back my cable-company disdain and getting broadband for.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:04 PM   #34
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
I'm afraid I'm a weekender but I hope to make it a looong weekend! Private pool, you say? And Morrigan, 70 degrees would be downright balmy. I would even settle for 65.

Weekender and adult lodgings please, ma'am!

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #35
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I guess at this point we need to determine how much actual demand there is for a separate two-night-only rental. So far, I have Filly and T*C. Anyone else who can only stay two nights?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #36
Platypus
The Pointy End

I can't commit to an entire week right now, but definitely will be looking at 4 to 5 days.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:29 AM   #37
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
I can't commit to an entire week right now, but definitely will be looking at 4 to 5 days.
That'll work.

I'll remind everyone that the week-long rental is virtually the same as that for two two-day blocks -- we're talking maybe 15, 20 bucks difference total, except when the weekly rate is actually cheaper -- so we're essentially getting the extra three days free to give people some leeway in making their arrangements.

Also, the houses don't rent the same way a hotel room does, i.e., we can't rent for just three days, or five days, or one day, at least not during the off season. The increments are two days, a week, and a month, except during Spring Break and federal holidays -- a.k.a. the Spendy Seasons -- when three- and four-day increments are sometimes available.

I've found a couple of six-sleepers near bigger places if we have enough people to make a separate two-night rental cost-equitable for the folks who will be staying there, i.e., that they're not paying the same money as everyone else to stay for less than half the time. We probably need at least three or four people for that to happen. If we don't have that many, we'll find a way to make it cost-equitable for the two-nighters to stay in the Big House.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #38
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

sounds great. thanks for looking everything up and basically planning S*C '07!.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #39
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

*bink*

I have a different and possibly better idea about accommodations and am looking at some places, so my All-New Question! is: How many people will commit (at least tentatively) $200-300 JUST for lodging for a total of 4-7 nights during the period of February 14-20, and how many will commit $100-150 JUST for lodging for two nights during the same period?

It seems we can obviate some issues about family areas and two-night guests if we rent the right layout. I've found a large handful of really good options, including two or three that are so nearly perfect that it almost makes me weep to look at them. Now all I need are numbers.

Obviously, the more people we have for even part of the week, the cheaper it will be for everybody -- and it may go below the smallest number I mention above. When we're closer to a real number, we can talk about a pool for groceries and Sophisticated Adult Beverages consumed on the premises, but I think we can keep that in the range of $25-50 each.

For my part, I'm willing to commit for the week, even if all I'm doing on the first and last days is opening and closing the place. So there's one.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #40
Emmangel
Administrator

It sounds fine to me, and I'd have no problems with paying for the longer duration that if it works out better for everyone.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #41
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
It sounds fine to me, and I'd have no problems with paying for the longer duration that if it works out better for everyone.
Well, the good part for people who are staying for more than 4 days -- or who need leeway on either side of the February 16-19 four-day weekend -- is that we're essentially getting three days free by renting for a week. We won't get out any more cheaply by renting for only four days (two two-night blocks), and in fact for most properties it's actually more expensive that way.

So everyone who can commit for four days is essentially getting the whole week at their disposal -- they're not paying more and probably are paying less than they would if we rented for exactly four days only.

ETA: Now as for the people who fall in between -- i.e., those who can do only three nights -- that's a poser. We couldn't make a group commitment for only three nights during Mardi Gras even if we wanted to do that, so the truth is they'd probably be stuck with a four-night commitment even if they didn't use one night. But I'm sure we can come up with a solution that approaches equity, like a discount on the grocery pool.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #42
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm in for 4-5 days.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #43
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

I could do two, possibly three, but I'm down for a weekend for sure.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #44
Trillian
Too orangey for crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Actually, the real estate company doesn't even have a calendar set for any later than January, so you may be more on-time than you think.... It would be fantastic if you and Marvin could come, so keep us posted!
Cool. I can't give any guarantees for Marvin right now but I should be good for the 4-7 days malarky.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #45
FlameFlirt

Ok, it's still too early for me to say exactly, but I think I can swing at least a two-night visit. Paying $100-$150 sounds fine with me. I think my plane fare is going to be the most painful part of the trip, considering the amounts you're quoting!
FlameFlirt is offline   Reply With Quote