Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2003, 06:29 PM   #121
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
So, it wasn't the shroud? We should just assume she got high beforehand?
No, I guess it was the shroud, but why she alone reacted to it by turning into a babbling idiot wasn't explained. There was never anything that even said the shroud affected different people differently. It was "just because."
Old 11-07-2003, 06:53 PM   #122
DamnSkippy

The shroud made people crazy and there are many "types" of crazy. Cordy was the goofy, big toothed, klepto kinda crazy. I guess Wes was the bumbling, clumsy, forgetful kind.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:24 PM   #123
rolandro

Ah. . . bedside. Angel angsty because it meant in almost every circumstance that vision girl took a bullet for him, and took it well. They may not be soulmates, C/A, or whatever, but they have that one-of-a -kind of love and understanding that comes from diving into the same foxhole when the shit starts.

Angel - look at the STRENGTH of this woman!

Angel - Ok, and she's beautiful, even with a head full of visions and insane.

Cordy - I hate being scared and weak, but I'll tell you what, when I am? I sure love seeing him there. I don't deserve that look he gives me. OR I do, I don't care, but I'm really glad I'm getting it, because I need it right now.

My assumption for 1-episode Cordy is that to get her out of the coma they have to restore her to her fully human self and strip out her visions wiring, just to be sure that what they get back is Cordy and not some new PTB trick. There's a whole season of new stories right there. But I digress. Anyway, extrapolate this out - no redemption for Angel until the big apocalypse in oh, say 2043. Angel is still his unnatural 24, Cordy is now 65. Of course our Cordy is still strong, and still gorgeous, and fit - hell she teaches martial arts workouts down at the 'Y' to college-aged women who weren't lucky enough to become automatic slayerettes (just like her. Cordy's response? Big Whoop! Kick ass anyway).

Angel Invest. has had maybe 4 vision girls since her, but Angel still comes over to see her with the big smile and the big non-beating heart, and something beautiful for her to wear. (Oh, and by the way? Dermalogica came up with a brilliant new sunscreen product for vamps, all un-natural ingredients, "to keep you looking your non-flammable best.") Angel walks into the gym just as Cordy pins some 24 year-old stud to the wall with a 14th c. broadsword to his throat.

Cordy knows Angel's there without turning around - she can smell him just like she can smell money. They hug,and they know. They've been in foxholes together, that totally remarkable unbreakable bond.

Cordy - Not a vision girl anymore.
Angel - Uh Uh. You've always been my vision girl.

There's lots of kinds of big bad love out there.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:37 AM   #124
LaLa247
Wooo!

Completely late with this but I just realized how Gunn-centric "The Thin Dead Line" was. He was in charge here, and he was running the show...that is, until Cordy raised her voice in demanding they take Wes to the hospital.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:55 AM   #125
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Completely late with this but I just realized how Gunn-centric "The Thin Dead Line" was. He was in charge here, and he was running the show...that is, until Cordy raised her voice in demanding they take Wes to the hospital.
I had the same reaction, LaLa. I was surprised by how much Gunn there was in this ep, and how much his character was on display. And he looked very cute, I might add.

And here's one of my favorite Gunn quotes. When Anne seems clueless as to why the police would stop Gunn and his friends, he says, "Because we'll be the ones walking while black." That one line illuminated the issue as well as any long, drawn out monologue about discrimination could have.

And I loved the murky end. Yeah, they stopped the zombie cops. But the implication is that, though they were evil, they'd also put a stop to the rapes and murders that took place in that part of town every day. So, by getting rid of the mystical evil, they cleared the way for good old human evil to move back in.

You know, when I first saw this ep, it didn't thrill me. It was sort of a filler, gimicky thing. But, really, there's a lot more to it than I gave it credit for.

Also, notice Cordy's putting Angel in his place at the end. I wasn't online at the time, but I wonder if this is what some fans mean when they say Cordy should have tried harder to save Angel from himself during his Beige Period. Personally, even though I wanted the group back together, I was kinda cheering my girl on.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:57 AM   #126
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
And did you see his sparks with Anne? Not to mention all the Ho!Yay! with Wesley. It was so lovely back in the day, was it not? I liked this episode more now than I did when I first watched it. Not even the over-used zombies plot could bog it down much. And hey...Wes got his yearly injury!

I've even wanked the reason he wasn't hurt last season: he was injured twice in season one (Faith torture and the explosion), therefore he built up credit and took a year off. See? Its all in the wank.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:58 PM   #127
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyblue
And he looked very cute, I might add.
Pfft. He always looks cute, Danny.

Quote:
When Anne seems clueless as to why the police would stop Gunn and his friends, he says, "Because we'll be the ones walking while black." That one line illuminated the issue as well as any long, drawn out monologue about discrimination could have.
I'll just "word" ya here...

Tonight's "Reprise". I still love this ep, after all the times I've watched it. It's dark, has an extremely bleak outcome, and pretty much separates the Fang Gang completely (Cordy by her lonesome, Wes brooding at home, Gunn's God knows where, and Angel...)

That little phone convo between Wes and Cordy made me realize how much I liked the agency of Cordy, Wes, and Gunn. All three of them were genuine friends who had each other's backs (Until Fred came along), and they didn't need a big, ol' superhero to help them out. They could help the helpless and each other just fine by themselves.

While I thought Angel was a complete asshole throughout the entire episode (He manages a "sorry" to Kate but not one towards his friends?), I did feel for him in the end. Kinda. The battle is always gonna be lost, 'cause the good needs the evil to carry on. He can't win. Hell on Earth- that's something to think about.

OH- and The Scene between Angel and Darla? I STILL love it. Angel's all kinds of creepy with the forced kissing and throwing through the glass- it was perhaps the first time I became convinced that Angel and Angelus have to be the same person with none of that alter ego/Jekyll and Hyde shit.

And don't get me started about them falling directly on the pillows...impossible without jumping on the bed, I tell you!
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 11-18-2003 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:57 PM   #128
tojoson

i always got the impression that during this time angel was really missing the gang, but in his depressed mood, he was afraid that he would turn completely and hurt them, that's why he drove them away, and it looks like the solution to his problem, (as he thought it) was to attack the senior partners at their source, even though he figured it would finish him.
he didn't know if he would ever get his purpose back, and he was worried about the people around him so he decided to end it by attacking the senoir partners directly
Old 11-19-2003, 04:06 PM   #129
LaLa247
Wooo!

"Epiphany" is playing right now.

Anyone want to explain to me why he was crawling around in pain with no soul losing? Still baffles me.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 11-19-2003, 04:09 PM   #130
Silly Gilly
RamRod

Quote:
"Epiphany" is playing right now.

Anyone want to explain to me why he was crawling around in pain with no soul losing? Still baffles me.
When I first saw this years ago I thought "groin pull." I didn't know why it was such a big deal back then that he had sex because I never watched BtVS.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:10 PM   #131
Darla
I'm just visiting...

Quote:
Epiphanies are painful?

Just guessing... *shrugs*

Darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:14 PM   #132
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

'Cause, ummmm, Standards and Practices expressly requires that anyone who may be about to lose his soul has to pull up his pants first?
Old 11-19-2003, 04:30 PM   #133
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
'Cause, ummmm, Standards and Practices expressly requires that anyone who may be about to lose his soul has to pull up his pants first?
Does Standards and Practices require him to crawl on all fours into the rain?

And Angel went to see Cordy first. Hee.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 11-19-2003, 04:35 PM   #134
KarKar

Quote:
After sleeping with a 400 yr STD laden hooker? You gotta expect SOME burning sensation down there.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:43 PM   #135
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
After sleeping with a 400 yr STD laden hooker? You gotta expect SOME burning sensation down there.
Okay, Kar wins.