Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #331
brownsbros3

It was nice to go back to watching the season one episodes the last two mornings. Doyle is hilarious. It's a shame they killed him off, because I would have loved for him to hang around longer. Anyone else think he and Fred would have made a cute couple?
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:21 PM   #332
JoJo

Season 5 started on TNT yesterday. Ya know, Fred's a hellava lot more tolerable to watch knowing that she's going to die an agonizing death in a few weeks.. I'm almost glad Cordy wasn't in S5, so I don't have to watch her character folded, spindled and mutilated any more. Plus, Lindsey returns. Yay!
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:53 AM   #333
skippcomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo
I'm almost glad Cordy wasn't in S5, so I don't have to watch her character folded, spindled and mutilated any more. Plus, Lindsey returns. Yay!
Yeah, but, considering how he last left the show, one could argue that Lindsey's return ended up folding, spindling, and mutilated his character.

Plus, no character escapes being sacrificed upon the altar of whatever Joss's Big Message was. Something about not selling out to Da Man, I think. (Unless Da Man's name is Joss, of course.)
skippcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #334
brownsbros3

I would have liked for Cordelia to have come back for season five. I think she and Spike could have done some very funny verbal exchanges together. I liked season five much better than season four. During season four, the show completely lost its way. Season Five they tried to get some of it back, and slightly succeeded (I love James, but he's no Charisma.) I think Charisma could have taken some of the lackluster episodes in season five and definitely made them much more interesting. Here's a thought I had. On BTVS, it was understandable that Buffy was made the center of the love triangle with Angel and Spike. To me since the show is called Angel, I would have loved for Angel to have been at the center of a love triangle with Buffy and Cordelia. But, then again I guess that would require Mutant Enemy using too much logic.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:58 PM   #335
JoJo

Quote:
Yeah, but, considering how he last left the show, one could argue that Lindsey's return ended up folding, spindling, and mutilated his character.
True, poor Lindsey didn't escape the Character Shredder either. What is it with Joss? Can't he allow the characters to retain any of the characteristics that endeared them to us?[/rant]

Anyway, I watch today's ep of the Fred and Spike show, and found myself wondering why it was still called Angel.

Quote:
To me since the show is called Angel, I would have loved for Angel to have been at the center of a love triangle with Buffy and Cordelia. But, then again I guess that would require Mutant Enemy using too much logic.
What! You mean you think that the title character and the female lead (who had been part of the Jossverse since day one) should be the main focus of the show instead of some scrawny little lab rat and a guy whose last appearance was in S1 and who was never mentioned on Angel since?

Last edited by JoJo; 10-01-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:32 AM   #336
brownsbros3

To be fair James did appear in one episode of season two. Though the footage of Angel, Darla, Spike, and Druscilla was filmed for both ATS and BTVS.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:28 AM   #337
brownsbros3

I'm kind of pissed by this. I was watching the season three episode "Dad" over the weekend in syndication. However, instead of this coming weekend's episode being "Birthday," followed by "Provider," and "Waiting in the Wings" they're skipping all the way "Couplet." I hope this is just a one week miscue. While I hate "Couplet," I do like those other three episodes.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:14 PM   #338
MsT05

I'm watching "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" on WB. I want to tear myself away because, i'm sure all it will do is re-awaken by irritation.

But I notice the look on his face when he sees Cordy in the lobby. The way he is pretty much only concerned with her remembering him. LOL.

Geez, I hate that white long dress/slash coat(?) they had Cordy in.
*sniff* the almost kiss and confession before she put a dozen crosses in his hands anyway....

Last edited by MsT05; 12-12-2004 at 10:23 PM.
MsT05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:43 AM   #339
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsT05
I'm watching "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" on WB. I want to tear myself away because, i'm sure all it will do is re-awaken by irritation.

But I notice the look on his face when he sees Cordy in the lobby. The way he is pretty much only concerned with her remembering him. LOL.
I love those scenes. Angel looks like he's ready to pounce on her. And Cordy knows it too, which is why she doesn't take her eyes off him for a minute, and keeps backing away. It's like, she's in the jungle, facing a wild animal. I don't know what you're supposed to do if you come face-to-face with a lion, but I'd imagine it be sort of what Cordy did in that scene: keep your distance, don't make any sudden moves, try to stay calm. The fact that Angel seems to know he's freaking her out, but he can't seem to stop trying to get a hug is precious.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #340
brownsbros3

It was like there is so much he wanted to tell her, but couldn't.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:17 PM   #341
JoJo

Quote:
I liked season five much better than season four. During season four, the show completely lost its way. Season Five they tried to get some of it back, and slightly succeeded (I love James, but he's no Charisma.)
You're one of the few people on the bbs who shares my (low) opinion of S4. Usually, I keep reading post after post gushing about how wonderful S4 was. I keep shaking my head and thinking "are they watching the same show?" S4 had the destruction of: The family feeling, A/C, Cordy's character, Little Mr. Doom and Gloom Connor, the Jasmine arc thrown in at the last minute, etc.) At least S5 had some humor, and I liked Connor in S5 (which begs the question, if Joss wanted Connor to be a popular character, why didn't he write him like that in the first place?)

S5 started out a bit slow, but was really gathering momentum by the end. I especially loved The Girl In Question where both Spike and Angel looked like real chumps chasing after a completely uninterested Buffy. (Don't tell me that Andrew wouldn't have called her immediately. Plus, that ep really pissed off the B/Aers - always a bonus.)
Old 12-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #342
tojoson

the shroud of rahmon

in the end, Wesley is all worried about Angel drinking blood from a living human and awakening his blood-lust,
he says he hasn't done that in a VERY LONG TIME.

well, at the time, he didn't know about that guy on the nazi submarine, and i don't know if the counterman in the flash-back sequences of Orpheus counts, (he WAS dead, but just), and we can probably discount all the people he killed when he was Angelus in BTVS s-2, but what about Buffy herself, Angel drank her blood in Graduation Day, to recover from Faith's poison, and it didn't turn him crazy then, and Wes and Cordy were both there, so they must have known about it.

oops, another continuity boo boo
Old 12-13-2004, 08:30 PM   #343
DamnSkippy

His blood drinking was pretty inconsistent. They oftened called his blood "O Pos" (e.g., Cordy in S2 AYNOHYEB) and then other times it was referred to as pig's blood. So was he drinking human blood some of the time and pig's blood others? Was it all pig's blood but they just called it O Pos for fun? Did he switch from O Pos to pig sometime in S2 because he offered Harmony the pig juice in Disharmony. Yeah, the whole blood things was very inconsistent which made that moment in "Shroud" kind of laughable - especially since they really didn't follow up on it in any way.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 PM   #344
MsT05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo
You're one of the few people on the bbs who shares my (low) opinion of S4. Usually, I keep reading post after post gushing about how wonderful S4 was. I keep shaking my head and thinking "are they watching the same show?" S4 had the destruction of: The family feeling, A/C, Cordy's character, Little Mr. Doom and Gloom Connor, the Jasmine arc thrown in at the last minute, etc.) At least S5 had some humor, and I liked Connor in S5 (which begs the question, if Joss wanted Connor to be a popular character, why didn't he write him like that in the first place?)

S5 started out a bit slow, but was really gathering momentum by the end. I especially loved The Girl In Question where both Spike and Angel looked like real chumps chasing after a completely uninterested Buffy. (Don't tell me that Andrew wouldn't have called her immediately. Plus, that ep really pissed off the B/Aers - always a bonus.)

Whoa! My friend, you are not alone in your season 4 disgust. Though, IMO, it started out fine enough and then went into the ridiculous black hole that was the Jasmine storyline and then picked up briefly for the father/son reunion.

What I do have to question is the enjoyment of TGIQ. Say what? Yes, I did like Connor much better and I do like Spike, I just don't think he could've saved that season. The ending only pissed me off even more, cuz they killed off Cordy and it was obvious by season 2/3 that Angel and Buffy had outgrown each other, so both shipper sets ended up with bupkiss. By that point I didn't even believe Angel gave a crap about whether Spike or anyone else was with Buffy. I most certainly didn't.

There were maybe 5 eps, 6 tops, that were worth anything. I could not wait to get to my weekly AtS ep until the halfway point of or so of Season 4 (which had that great fight scene with the Beast). By the middle of Season 5 I was waiting weeks to even bother. And boy, it usually never failed to disappoint. Not to mention Wes and Gunn were wasted most of the season.
MsT05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:25 PM   #345
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
His blood drinking was pretty inconsistent. They oftened called his blood "O Pos" (e.g., Cordy in S2 AYNOHYEB) and then other times it was referred to as pig's blood. So was he drinking human blood some of the time and pig's blood others? Was it all pig's blood but they just called it O Pos for fun? Did he switch from O Pos to pig sometime in S2 because he offered Harmony the pig juice in Disharmony. Yeah, the whole blood things was very inconsistent which made that moment in "Shroud" kind of laughable - especially since they really didn't follow up on it in any way.

I never thought about how weird it was Cordy said 'O Pos' sometimes until I started writing fanfic and then I was like -- do Pig's have blood types and how would Cordy know if the pig was O Pos? Do the butcher's test and label? Do Vamp butchers who deal in pig's blood have labels, because different types taste different? Of course Angelus has said everyone tastes the same to him -- he just likes them very afraid 'cause their salty ;-). But anyway my main point is, with the exceptions of Buffy, the flashbacks we find out about... and in AYNOHYEB where we see he gets human blood from somewhere (and I'm thinking it is possibly he drank human,but not straight from the human until the guy in the diner in the 70's that sent him to the streets and rats -- and it is possible for a time he kept drinking off killers and rapists, though they were probably hard to find for a steady diet ) and I got off my main point again.

Anyway my point is -- I figured the O Pos was a Cordy being Cordy thing and never questioned what sense it really made until I was writing a fanfic and she said it (can't remember if I kept it or not) and it does make you wonder. What were the paid writers at ME thinking?

Pig's must have blood types but I doubt Butchers know or label them. LOL.