Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2004, 04:58 PM   #271
LaLa247
Wooo!

Tonight was "Guise will be Guise" and I just wanted to say that I love Gunn.

"WHOA- is *that* what unpure meant?"

"I coulda told you she was no virgin..."

Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:18 PM   #272
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

And with all that happened with Angel firing them later on, going all dark, i liked the end of Guise will be Guise because with Angel arguing about his "Eunuch" status (i thought it was cute, which he later argued about it with Cordy, ala Carpe Noctem) it had a lighter ending the the episode that i enjoyed.

Though i did like me some dark stuff in Season two, which made it all the more Emmy-Worthy likeable.

Am i making sense? Um, in a nutshell: Gunn's pretty, and smart: "I coulda told you she wasn't a virgin"
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:50 PM   #273
Kitty

"Blood Money" was on tonight. This was the first season two episode that I've seen in a long time. (I didn't buy it on DVD yet.)

Never really cared about the main plot. My favorite parts were the short scenes between Wesley, Cordy and Gunn. Wesley and Gunn were both so happy to describe how they killed that demon. It was nice to see them so happy, even if it was only for a moment.

And of course how can you not love Cordelia's little dance.

I got a gun and my name is Gunn!
Old 02-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #274
LaLa247
Wooo!

Cordy, Wes, and Gunn save tonight's episode.

That is all.
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:14 PM   #275
rousedower
cancelled

S2 still doesn't do anything for me. It was just too ALL.ABOUT.ANGEL and that's no fun.

And I don't like Darla, don't like Lindsey, don't like Angel, don't even really like C/W/G that much. And this is also the season when we got Fred. Meh.

But I no longer think it's the worst season, thanks to S4 and 5.

Oh and as for TOGOM, it wasn't really well-received. Even TM didn't like it and he wrote it, but then again he might just feel that way because it was an ep about Gunn and not Angel or Darla or Kate.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 03-02-2004 at 03:57 PM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #276
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Ah, season 2. The year I accepted my C/Aness. (Because I now think it started back in season one, but I do 'denial' really well.)

As many of you know, I didn't finally admit to my C/A-ness until "Darla" in season 2, and I wasn't exactly happy about it. My exact words were, "Oh, crap! I want Angel and Cordy to be together!" I couldn't believe it. How did this happen? It just snuck up on me, and there it was. I imagined myself adrift in a sea of B/A lovers, all alone with my secret. That I'd be shunned and ridiculed if anyone ever discovered my true feelings, but unable to change them. I was a C/Aer, whether I wanted to be or not. (See, I can do 'melodramatic' too.)

Anyway, by the Beige!Arc, I had completely accepted my C/Aness. And that's partly why I didn't like this string of episodes all that much. I mean, I just discovered I wanted Angel and Cordy together, and they tear them apart? What's up with that? I found myself clinging to little things like Angel (probably) watching Cordy, Gunn and Wesley dance. (You know he was mostly watching Cordy.) And Merle asking Angel how the people he fired were doing. (The look of sadness on Angel's face meant he was mostly thinking of Cordy.) And at the hotel, when Angel knocked the books and stuff off of the counter because he was feeling bereft and alone, wasn't that Cordy's desk he was looking at the longest?

Anyway, now the fun stuff begins again today! Is it any wonder I love "Epiphany" and "Disharmony"? I almost overloaded on the C/Aness. I just wish I had been online back then, able to discuss the wonderful, blossoming C/A goodness with the fellow C/Aers I didn't know exist. Those would've been some good times.

Last edited by Dannyblue; 03-03-2004 at 11:15 AM.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:00 AM   #277
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally posted by rousedower
S2 still doesn't do anything for me. It was just too ALL.ABOUT.ANGEL and that's no fun.

And I don't like Darla, don't like Lindsey, don't like Angel, don't even really like C/W/G that much. And this is also the season when we got Fred. Meh.
I'm not criticizing, but who does that leave you do like? That really only leaves the occasional guest like Lilah, Holland, Lorne and Drucilla. Can you live for these rare citings? Are you sure you're watching the right show?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:39 PM   #278
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

God, I miss Season Two. Wesley's speech about Cordelia was just wonderfully written. And Wes/Gunn. And that look on Wesley's face when he and Angel slayed the two demons...God, why couldn't they have kept up with this?
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:58 PM   #279
LaLa247
Wooo!

I'm watching "Peace Out" right now. Still impressed with VK's acting.

Not impressed with the end of that season.

Nor the end of the episode.

Nor what would come after this.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 03-10-2004, 02:14 AM   #280
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally posted by DamnSkippy
I'm not criticizing, but who does that leave you do like?
No one, that's why I didn't like S2.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
Old 03-15-2004, 05:34 PM   #281
tojoson

tonights episode 'that vision thing'

i wonder what charisma had to go thru to make her voice, all husky and crackey when she was injured by the demon visions.

did she scream at the top of her voice for hours to strain her voice,
do they have a compound they can spray down her throat to make it like that,
or what?
Old 03-15-2004, 05:40 PM   #282
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally posted by rousedower
No one, that's why I didn't like S2.
But you named everyone in the cast except Doyle which means you don't like *any* season except possibly the first 9 eps of S1 and possibly S5 with Spike, Harmony and Eve. Oh, you left off Lorne but since you don't like S2 and that's when he was introduced I'm guessing he's not your fave either. So I'm really curious what it is you *do* like about Ats. Again, just curious, because I've never heard anyone dis the whole cast and still watch.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #283
tojoson

just a reminder
episode 'birthday' thursday
Old 03-27-2004, 09:51 AM   #284
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I can't believe they skipped "Billy". What? Why?

Someone at another forum told me this isn't unusual. That, when they syndicate a show, a network can skip eps (or even whole seasons), or change the order in which they are shown, whenever they want. It's one of the thing people are worried about with DS9 starting on Spike, because that really is a show best watched in order. I guess I never really noticed before because AtS is one of the few shows where I know the schedule like the back of my hand.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:57 AM   #285
rousedower
cancelled

That's odd. It's one thing to skip stand-alone eps. But 'Billy' was a continuation of TVT, kind of a sequel.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13