Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2003, 04:04 PM   #151
LaLa247
Wooo!

Oh, my God, I am so embarrassed for Angel right now with that scene he's making.

Tonight's "Belonging"! That was, like, three strong C/A vibe-y episodes in a row, right? And poor Angel looks genuinely concerned that Cordy would leave if her acting career takes off. Aw.

And I've just remembered how much of a cheapsake he was.

ETA: After being able to watch these episodes in widescreen, it looks really weird to see it without the letterbox again.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 11-26-2003 at 04:07 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 04:13 PM   #152
rolandro

What happened to cordy's rebar scar? She didn't get it removed at the 'Kinderstod' hospital, did she?
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 04:30 PM   #153
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

The scar is there, it's really Charisma's scar, so they can't "lose" it, hee!
Old 11-26-2003, 04:40 PM   #154
LaLa247
Wooo!

So many C/A moments, man. Makes my heart go a-flutter...and then I remember what's to come and I get pissed again. Then I stop caring.

"She felt I disrepected the Hacklaar's culture by killing it." LMAO Killed me.
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:02 PM   #155
QueenC
All.About.Her...

God, I had forgotten how much I loved these episodes. I really have to say that I think that the latter half of season 2 and the first half of season 3 were probably my favorite of all the AtS episodes. There was such a great vibe among the 4 of them. We saw them as a group that really fit . (Plus, the implied A/C goodness really felt natural . God, I miss that!). Don't get me wrong, I like fred well enough, but by that time, adding a new character just felt a little forced.
And I think this was Lorne's best time too... he had some great lines and stories. He was comic relief, but with depth.

I don't know what it is... I liked late Season 2 and early Season 3 of BtVS best too. It's like this was the time when the shows were really building and solidifying their audiences... the fans really became *invested* during this time. And the creators really took the care to build the show and characters with some love and care. After that, once they felt they *had* us, they let their egos run amok and all hell broke loose -- the stories just got more and more out-of-control!

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 10:10 AM   #156
Jake

Here's a link to a story from September of 2002, questioning whether Charisma would return for S4 (and she did of course sit out the first three episodes). Can anyone recall what developed out of this, and whether there was any truth to the purported "personal problem" attributed to her by the "WB source"?

http://litefoot1969.bravepages.com/b...rpenter.htm#06
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #157
tojoson

jake:

look at the source, it's from wrongda, (wanda, kristen) and 99.5% of the people figure she got 'confused' and was really talking about yancey butler who DID have some problems at this time (and apparently still does). charisma apparently said that she was taking some personal TIME, (which in hollywood means you are not working on another project), and wrongda maybe thought she said personal problems. it's easy to make this mistake if you don't listen to what's being said, and wrongda never goes back and corrects her mistakes.

CC's break was scheduled way in advance,
mark lutz (groo) knew of this break far enough in advance to audition for, and schedule filming 2 guest spots during this time (friends and ER), and you don't do that on the spur of the moment.

in addition, david greenwalt in an interview stated that cordy's presence during this time would have been detrimental to the storyline
(my idea--if she had been there, she may have noticed and found the reason angel was going crazy (spiked blood), she may have found out what wes was doing and prevented it (running away with conner), or she may have talked some sense into angel and prevented him and wes from breaking up)
Old 11-27-2003, 12:18 PM   #158
Jake

Thanks, tojo. Let's hope Wrongda is on her own vacation when they do CC's True Hollywood Story.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:03 PM   #159
rolandro

There was a whole vibe on S2 that was very playful and you get the feeling they're all just starting to stretch. I just loaded up 'belonging' again (I see the scar now, PF) and the scene where Lorne goes to the Hyperion to tell them about the Drokken. Right after the cutaway scene where the Drokken eats and takes the girl, there's a reaction shot looking at CC from Lorne's POV - she's sitting on the circular deal with Wes - DB is offscreen stage right(ed. stage left, actually, viewer-right). Angel has just said "that's all you've got for us?" Wes is asking Lorne "What does it want, what is it capable of?"

Freeze frame.

CC is looking offscreen - stage right (ed. again - stage left, to where DB would be standing) DB? Somebody over there is doing something, because CC smiles this little, amused Mona Lisa, just for a second, and then slips back into Cordelia -looking at Lorne now, but still clearly amused about something. It was a shot they easily could've done again (and probably had several takes to choose from). I think it was left in because it was a little inside joke.

It makes me love this season even more!

Last edited by rolandro; 11-28-2003 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:12 AM   #160
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I loved season 2 when it first aired (I even like Pylea), and I'm liking it even more in re-runs. I even liked the Beige Arc. Of course, this could be because I knew how and when it was going to end this time around, and I didn't have to wait a week between episodes. When it aired the first time, I couldn't really enjoy the gangs seperation.

Also, "Belonging" is just dripping with C/A goodness. And it was all so natural an easy. Angel's quadruple takes when Cordy took of the robe, not to mention his hard, audible gulp as he tried to look somewhere else. Angel choking his axe handle as he imagine Cordy in that swimsuit. Not to mention his hand gestures as he tried to describe said suit. Angel instinctively grabbing Cordy when the portal opened. C/A gold!

The Fang Gang vibe was great too. The dinner was awesome. And I noticed that, when Lorne came into the hotel, you could almost feel how he was the outsider. Not because they didn't like Lorne, but because Angel, Cordy, and Wes (and Gunn, when he's on the scene) are a unit. I felt the same way with "Disharmony". When they are standing outside the theater, and even though Cordy was mad at Angel, the four were still a unit, and Harmony was this outside element that had been dropped among them. The Fang Gang really did have this wonderful, family vibe going on.

Ah, the good old days.

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
"She felt I disrepected the Hacklaar's culture by killing it." LMAO Killed me.
LaLa, this is one of my favorite lines ever. I can just imagine this mystery woman taking Wes to task for disrespecting the murdurous demons right's. It seems so LA!
Old 11-30-2003, 05:03 PM   #161
rolandro

Danny Blue -
Don't forget Cordy's response to the powerwalker's line about disrespecting the Hacklar: "This town sucks."
Old 11-30-2003, 10:21 PM   #162
tojoson

i know it's not on tnt yet, (it was on my local wb) but anyway,

i just finished watching s-3 'dad', and the way CC handled conner in the end, i just wonder if that is what woke up her maternal instinct, and got her wanting a baby of her own.

if so, then her getting pregnant for season 4 is really all joss's fault
Old 11-30-2003, 10:32 PM   #163
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by tojoson

if so, then her getting pregnant for season 4 is really all joss's fault
That's a joke, right?
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #164
rolandro

I saw 'Dad' too, last night ('Birthday' - next Sun. 10-11pm in Seattle, Brahmsviolin)
My take on Cordy is that she's always sought to keep a family of sorts nearby, going all the way back to the Cordettes (solitary rich girl in an emotionally mute family) - not a 'maternal' instinct back then per se - but by TSILA she was definitely seeing the core group as family, and by the time she went out found the office space and restarted 'Ang-blalala Investigations' she was the one that had the last word - and that's a 'mom' if I've ever seen one. The eppy last night did make me think however: is this really coming from the character and if so, is it just another example of Cordy stepping up and adding a new layer to her development, or has she been thinking about having kids herself some time before? If the latter were true, then I don't see it come from the material of her character presented thus far. Mom to grownups, yes. Babies? No. However, the 'baby wish' would better explain what I saw in 'Dad'- a rather well thought out argument by Cordy on the realities of child-raising to Angel and Cordy's having a book on baby health (where did that come from?) My conclusion is that the writers were picking this plot point to stretch Cordy beyond what she could realistically be expected to do. They were moving her from character to plot device.

As for CC wanting kids, tojoson, I've seen quotes going back years from her that indicated she wanted children. Chrissy has a post on CC.com (won't link, but it's easy to find) which also sort of sums this up.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:10 AM   #165
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandro
My conclusion is that the writers were picking this plot point to stretch Cordy beyond what she could realistically be expected to do. They were moving her from character to plot device.
I don't know that that's true. Keep in mind that Cordy (and at this point Cordy alone) knew she was dying by the time Connor came along. If that plot thread had been developed properly -- hell, even wrung for all the angst inherent in the concept -- this could have been a natural response to the knowledge that her best friend's baby would be the closest thing she'd ever have to one of her own. You actually can see some of that in CC's portrayal without even looking very closely; I got the impression she was eager to explore that part of her character's arc but never got the writing to support it.