Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Cordy in EW's 31 Hateful TV/Movie Children list

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2024...415_11,00.html

Quote:
CORDELIA CHASE
Charisma Carpenter
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003)

Of all the oblivious students at Sunnydale High School, Cordy was perhaps the most oblivious — so focused on clothes, parties, boys, and popularity that she missed the whole Hellmouth thing. It wasn't until she started rolling with Buffy Summers (Sarah Michelle Gellar) and the Scoobies that her eyes were opened.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

7 years of character growth and she's remembered for handful of episodes in S1. Sometimes I really hate the writers at EW.

ETA: I totally forgot we had a rant font!

Last edited by Morrigan; 08-04-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
samsmom

Wow. Singling out one girl for what an entire town was guilty of. That's genius. And who'd have thought that a teenage girl would be so absorbed in clothes and boys and being popular? I just can't wrap my head around that radical new idea.

Really, EW, don't let seven plus years of growth, or earth logic, get in the way of such a well researched and stunningly original article.

*wishes for the sarcasm font like whoa*

Btw, how does being oblivious to such commonplace things like vampires and demons make one 'hateful'?

*pauses*

Alright, I think I broke my snark on this.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
samsmom

Why does that pic they used look so photoshopped?

Xander looks three times bigger (and lighter) than Cordy.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
Wow. Singling out one girl for what an entire town was guilty of. That's genius. And who'd have thought that a teenage girl would be so absorbed in clothes and boys and being popular? I just can't wrap my head around that radical new idea.

Really, EW, don't let seven plus years of growth, or earth logic, get in the way of such a well researched and stunningly original article.

Btw, how does being oblivious to such commonplace things like vampires and demons make one 'hateful'?

*pauses*

Alright, I think I broke my snark on this.
I have nothing to say but WORD. SO MUCH WORD.

Hateful is the last adjective I'd use to describe her. She was the second most popular character on that show, not to mention the first on Angel after she grew up considerably.

Ignorant idiots.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
You mean like this?

It occurs to me that plenty of people may not know about all the ST special fonts - so you can find them right here.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
25cent

To me EW never seemed like big fans of _Angel_ so I'm not surprised that they forgot.

I saw another list on televisionwithoutpity.com that had Cordelia as one of the most spoiled television characters of all time. I can see spoiled--but not hateful.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
JoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25cent View Post
To me EW never seemed like big fans of _Angel_ so I'm not surprised that they forgot.

I saw another list on televisionwithoutpity.com that had Cordelia as one of the most spoiled television characters of all time. I can see spoiled--but not hateful.
Most spoiled? By S3, at the age of 18, she was broke and working retail to eat. In ATS S1 she was again broke, living in a dump and filching food from parties to survive. She also got a job and supported herself. How does that translate into spoiled brat?
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
25cent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
Most spoiled? By S3, at the age of 18, she was broke and working retail to eat. In ATS S1 she was again broke, living in a dump and filching food from parties to survive. She also got a job and supported herself. How does that translate into spoiled brat?
Spoiled through season 2 of IBuffyI. I agree though she certainly became one of the most interesting, complex characters on either show. IAngelI had more complex characters IMO.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #10
Athlantis

she was not nearly as spoiled, self-center o selfish as EW make her sound!
She was like any other teenager would've been in the same situation!!!
Not to mention the fact that nor Willow nor Xander knew anything about the Hellmouth prior to Buffy. That was the whole point of mixing regulars teenagers with the slayer!!!!!
seriously, where they ever teenagers or did they skip adolescence completely???!!!

”Cordelia, I’m gonna fix this. Promise. I’m gonna get you back. I need you back“-Angel

"...Hope. I have hope or I have nothing"-John
Farscape
Athlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
cordyangel2776

cordy in ew

entertainment weekly is on crack most of the time imo but to say something they must have been doing a really bad stash to believe that
cordyangel2776 is offline   Reply With Quote