Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
CordyAngelSeer

Nip/Tuck Season 4 Spoiler-ish

Spoiler-ish room
Oh hel fuck no!!!! Christian CANNOT BE GAY ! : I have nothing against gay people mind you, but Chrisitan just cant be, he's supposed to be in love with Kimber and they're supposed to get married...please I hope Ryan Murphy doesn't take the show in this direction...though I did enjoy the 3rd season with Matt and his 'confused' feelings, for transexuals... Matt being gay would be a wonderful storyline and give closure to season 3. the whole appeal for me is the WOMANIZING Dr. Troy, and his lack of morals, with Sean being the polar opposite, the best friend-brotherly vibe...i've already have friends saying nip/tuck is turning into brokeback mountain.
CordyAngelSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

I don't even know when the season starts, though we've been watching since season one. I was highly dissapointed with the end of last season. However, I've always thought Christian and Sean were hot for each other. It wouldn't shock me overly much if they made Christian question his sexuality, especially after the rape and other issues he went through last year.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
CordyAngelSeer

I know Sean and Christian are extremely close and anyone would question their sexuality if they were raped by the same sex, but I just can't picture Chrisitan being gay, bi, maybe, but I suppose in my hearts of hearts I've just always wanted him to end up with Kimber, or if not her, then Gina.
CordyAngelSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #4
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordyAngelSeer
I know Sean and Christian are extremely close and anyone would question their sexuality if they were raped by the same sex, but I just can't picture Chrisitan being gay, bi, maybe, but I suppose in my hearts of hearts I've just always wanted him to end up with Kimber, or if not her, then Gina.
Don't get me wrong. I liked Christian and Kimber once Kimber grew a pair and started having some self esteem, but considering how uncomfortable he has been about his sexual abuse and any kind of hint of homosexuality (with anyone but Sean, because they are heterosexual life partners and comfortable with each other) then I guess all I am saying is that it doesn't suprise me if they go in that direction. He does have control issues and I could certainly see him getting off on doming another man.

Can you link me to the spoilers that you are reading?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
Livvie
nutcase

The new season started Sept 5th. So you only missed one episode, Psychofilly.

You guys are REALLY not going to like what is coming up. I get a lot of spoilers from a Yahoo group I am in and another board that I go to. This one, pretty much has been confirmed all over the place:

** Christian is going to have a homoerotic encounter with another doctor, played by Mario Lopez. Its going to occur at the showers of Christian's gym after meeting Lopez's character. Lopez is going to be the younger, more successful, more...endowed version of Christian. Spoilers have been clear its not sex but rather a "homoerotic encounter". Their words, not mine.

Take from that what you will. I always did like Kimber with Christian though, again, when she grew a pair. But...things in store for Kimber.

** Kimber is going to find her spiritual side and is going to start her own religion. I think. The details were sketchy if its her own religion or she just finds God. She uses it to heal after what the Carver did to her. Matt is going to be involved with her. Wasn't clear it is just sex or if its a real relationship. Its going to help him heal as well. That is...until it comes to light that the racist idiot he and Cherry killed isn't dead.

I have a lot more from my Yahoo group and I would be more than happy to share them here, if anyone wants them. Thankfully, Nip/Tuck spoilers are easy to come by. LOL Even with the wholly craptastic end to last season and complete jaw dropping wtf how is that possible ending, someone in my group spoiled it about a month before it aired, down to the specific detail of Dr. Costas being a Ken doll.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #6
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

I agree with Filly in that there's always been the homoerotic subtext between the two. And remember that scene last season when they were picking out wedding cake and the decorator thought they were a gay couple? And they just ran with it.

I think what the writers did was just insert that seed of doubt and now everyone is going to be second-guessing all their scenes together, which are just as subtextual as they were three years ago.

That being said, I thought the previews for this season looked awesome, and I can't wait to see Matt again! I do hope they don't pull one of those **soap opera things where they bring back the villian from the dead. The racist jerk should stay dead and not pull a miraculous recovery. Though I am interested in seeing how his daughter reacts/finds out he's dead.**

Last edited by AngelsChilde; 09-07-2006 at 12:44 PM.
AngelsChilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #7
Livvie
nutcase

Well, I want to say, and I might not be sure, that Ryan Murphy is gay. I am like 99.99% positive that he has come out of the closet. I just have to check around to see if I am remembering that right.

That being said, the gay subtext doesn't at all surprise me. Nor does it surprise me that Liz is gay. I also liked the rather odd relationship she had with Sofia Lopez. I thought that was really well written, coming from a position where most of my friends are gay and/or transgendered. Good stuff.

Murphy has always played with the subtext and gay issues. I am not sure how many people here watched Popular but they did have a small story arc where Lily was questioning her sexuality and her friends were having to deal with the fallout of it. Do we stay friends with someone who might want to hit on us now sort of thing. And well, plenty of people were all about the Sam/Brooke gay subtext.

So pretty much have to give him a pat on the back for his ability to be able to write it so well. I mean, for the most part, Nip/Tuck falls under guilty pleasure for people. But at least its a well put together guilty pleasure (barring the Carver storyline. LOL)