Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2005, 04:16 PM   #31
Emmangel
Administrator

Question for those going. Will you be attending both days or just one?

I'm thinking of attending both days but am not sure at the moment. Thought I'd see what everyone elses plans are before I decide. Then of course I have to decide if I want to stay at a hotel, I still remember getting yanked up at the crack of dawn to travel to see CC the last time (also at EC). Now that I'd have to travel even further I'd be knackered by the time I got there. lol
Old 04-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #32
Mrs O-Town
Mmm...salty goodness

Dammit. Why do I have to have exams near those dates?
Mrs O-Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:22 PM   #33
TeSjah
Dutchess of LaLaLand

*sighs* I have yet to convince my parents that 1 week of London with my friends won't kill me, or make me a dehydrated nymfo drug addict who sells her body for some powder and a bottle of scotch. Yup, it's going to be a long and bumpy road.

Just for the record, I'm not going to wear name-tags. Maybe I'll have a shirt with HM#1 printed on it, but that's it.
TeSjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #34
Andrea
Not around much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
Question for those going. Will you be attending both days or just one?

I'm thinking of attending both days but am not sure at the moment. Thought I'd see what everyone elses plans are before I decide. Then of course I have to decide if I want to stay at a hotel, I still remember getting yanked up at the crack of dawn to travel to see CC the last time (also at EC). Now that I'd have to travel even further I'd be knackered by the time I got there. lol
We were talking about just going on Saturday (Darla, Kika, Angelicgal82 & Me) but we haven't made final plans yet. After two near misses at the Starfury conventions, we are determined to track you down this year Mwhaha!
*cough*
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #35
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea
We were talking about just going on Saturday (Darla, Kika, Angelicgal82 & Me) but we haven't made final plans yet. After two near misses at the Starfury conventions, we are determined to track you down this year Mwhaha!
*cough*
Very true! I'm temped to go both days, if only because my BSG friends will be there too. But I'm not sure yet. If I get everything I want to done, I may be able to skip the second day, which would be great savings wise!
Old 04-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #36
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Quote:
Eeeee!!!!

I was already going because Grace Park was attending, but hell yeah!

I wonder if I can drag Nera along too?

Oh, and you have to come if you can, because I'm all for the spending of money if it means I can see my friends.

Maaaaaybe! How much does it cost? And let me check and make sure I am not seeing any bands that weekend.

By the way, Platy, Penny and Morrigan, if you all make it to London, you are more than welcome to stay at my flat. I don't live in Central London, and the flat is quite crap, but it's free. But, like I said, crap. And small.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:09 PM   #37
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantinera
Maaaaaybe! How much does it cost? And let me check and make sure I am not seeing any bands that weekend.
It's only about a fiver to get in, not much at all. They make all their dosh from charging for autographs (around £20 a pop).

Quote:
By the way, Platy, Penny and Morrigan, if you all make it to London, you are more than welcome to stay at my flat. I don't live in Central London, and the flat is quite crap, but it's free. But, like I said, crap. And small.
Sleepover! LOL
Old 04-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #38
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Quote:
It's only about a fiver to get in, not much at all. They make all their dosh from charging for autographs (around £20 a pop).
I saw you mention it on your journal, but didn't realize it was that cheap! I'm in! (Just not buying any autographs)

Quote:
Sleepover! LOL
Yes! We can just tell Paul to go somewhere. Or scare him.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #39
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantinera
Or scare him.
That should be pretty easy if we all storm the place. LOL

The entry is great, but for me it's a tight month. I have a con May bank holiday, the next day I have collectormaina which will cost a bomb for me as I want to get all the BSG casts autographs, then I have London Expo two weeks later (though I don't tend to spend money there), and then I have this. LOL

Time to sell my soul perhaps? I might get a decent price for it on eBay...
Old 04-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #40
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Quote:
Time to sell my soul perhaps? I might get a decent price for it on eBay...
Too corrupt. I'd pay 30p for it, maybe.

See, £5 is good for me since I rarely spend money on that sort of merch. I'm too busy buying band merch, so I end up broke when it comes time for that sort of thing. Although, if I see something...

Old 04-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #41
Darla
I'm just visiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs O-Town
Dammit. Why do I have to have exams near those dates?
Tejal, my dear... Who cares about exams when CHARISMA is in town? *winks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea
*cough*
We were? LOL! I'm still fine with whatever the majority decides. I'd also be okay with going on both days actually... Not that I'm obsessed or anything. Or that CC might end up thinking that the four of us are obsessed. LOL!

God, I absolutely can't wait for this. It's gonna be awesome to finally get to meet some fellow Strangers.
Darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #42
tojoson

does anyone know how it is arranged for guests to appear at these cons?

is there a blanket invitation going out to all the people in this genre, or does it only go out to certain individuals?

the reason i ask is because, on the same dates that CC will be here, a bunch of Angel people will be appearing at QUAR' TOTH at Heathrow, including Amy Acker, Andy Hallett, Vladimir Kulich, and Lauren Holloman and others. they are calling that an Angel event.

i'm just wondering what made CC choose to guest at the one she's appearing at instead of Quar' Toth with the other Angel people
Old 04-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #43
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I think someone mentioned that this is the same Con she did the last time so it could be familiarity.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #44
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
does anyone know how it is arranged for guests to appear at these cons?

is there a blanket invitation going out to all the people in this genre, or does it only go out to certain individuals?

the reason i ask is because, on the same dates that CC will be here, a bunch of Angel people will be appearing at QUAR' TOTH at Heathrow, including Amy Acker, Andy Hallett, Vladimir Kulich, and Lauren Holloman and others. they are calling that an Angel event.

i'm just wondering what made CC choose to guest at the one she's appearing at instead of Quar' Toth with the other Angel people
Guests are invited if there is interest. If they're talked about on the ShowMasters board then they have more of a chance of getting asked.

As far as the Angel even goes, perhaps she didn't want to do guest talks or photos, she was uncomfortable to a degree with those things last time around. Signings are a lot easier. Plus, it'd probably cost Sean a lot of money to get her for the Starfury even. Most of the people going to QUAR' TOTH know Sean and his events, Charisma has never done one. I'd also guess perhaps maybe she likes LFACC because it'll be more general, where as everyone at the Thistle will be there because of Angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I think someone mentioned that this is the same Con she did the last time so it could be familiarity.
She hasn't done a Showmasters event before. The only other UK event she did was a Sector 13 one back in 2002.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #45
tojoson

i see, so it's more what goes on there than who else is present