Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2004, 03:37 AM   #1
quippygirl

TV Guide: Charmed Gets Charisma *SPOILERS*

*I'm not sure if this should go in one of the other Charmed discussion threads or posted as a new topic.*

Note: The article contains spoilers for Charmed.

TV Guide
http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/

Charmed Gets Charisma
by Daniel R. Coleridge

Charisma Carpenter is best known from her popular stints as Cordelia Chase on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off, Angel. What's she been doing since both vampire shows bit the dust? Last year, she gave birth to son Donovan Charles (who's now 16 months old). Then this June, the 34-year-old Hollywood mom reclaimed her va-va-voom by posing nearly nude in Playboy. She'll continue her hot streak by guest-starring as a sexy seer on Charmed in at least two episodes. (Her first appearance airs Sept. 26.) Last week, TV Guide Online visited the Charmed set to watch Carpenter torment costar Brian Krause (Leo) with her spooky predictions. We also stole some time to dish between scenes.

[More...]

Last edited by quippygirl; 08-25-2004 at 03:41 AM.
quippygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:28 AM   #2
Elisha
Classic

The more interviews she does the more I respect that woman.

It’s great that she seems so close to HMC. Love the little jabs about how Holly “gets it” right after she mentions HMC is producer, maybe it’s my brain but I automatically thought of Joss.

Thanks for posting.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:15 AM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Thanks for posting the link, that's a great interview and I'm glad she's getting press. I don't know who did it but they asked some interesting questions and managed to hit several high points of CC's career. We got PB coverage, Cats and Dogs Coverage, Charmed coverage and a SJD mention. So much better than something that only focuses on ATS.

I'm happy that CC realizes her fans (and more than likely general ATS/BTVS fans) will watch her in just about anything. That we're not all about Joss' vision and like the actors for what they brought to life on screen.

I hope C&D does become a reality, it's nice to see that it still has some legs and might be a mid-season pick up. It's amazing how much buzz this whole regular on Charmed stuff has become I wonder if The WB was looking to bring CC on to draw in viewers?

Great interview, she's candid open and very realistic.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I'm happy that CC realizes her fans (and more than likely general ATS/BTVS fans) will watch her in just about anything.
Me too. She has said herself that for a long time she didn't know of the support she had, so it's great to see that she knows she has it now, and that we like her for more than Cordelia.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:01 AM   #5
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
At least I'm not in a coma on this show.
Well said Charisma!

Man, our girl is such a star... Thanks for the interview!

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:51 AM   #6
tojoson

i llove that charisma is so respected in the industries that when she does a guest starring role, she gets a lot of attention for it

there are usually articles and notices all over the place for anything she does.

and when she is listed in the credits, she is always listed as special guest star, or 'and Charisma Carpenter as---' (i know this is something that is negotiated, but she is so well thought of that she gets it)
Old 08-25-2004, 09:07 AM   #7
Platypus
The Pointy End

Thanks for bringing this over! It's a good interview, but then again, she almost always comes across well in interviews. It sounds like she's still maintaining a good attitude about everything, and keeping her options open.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:32 AM   #8
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
I love her. Sounds like she's having a lot of fun, and very open to being on Charmed more than twice -- also sounds like it's a pretty big possibility, depending on what UPN decides on with Cats & Dogs.

So glad she made it clear she has no desire to play Cordy in the 'infamous TV movie discusion'. Heh. They should still beg her though, if by some miracle (or rather stupidity) it happens. And she should shake her head, roll her eyes and repeat herself: No, no, no. So should the rest of the actors for that matter. LOL.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:16 AM   #9
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Fabulous mini-interview -- thanks for bringing it!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:37 AM   #10
ehab
Perpetually Confused

This was so great to read, like a breath of fresh air after a long dry spell. I am very impressed with the things she had to say. I especially appreciate her emphatic no reprisal of Cordelia and in the same breath talking about us, her fans. She understands the connection, but also values us enough to know we'll follow her as her career moves forward.

Don't forget to send postcards to UPN because it sounds like Cats and Dogs can use additional support from us. Penny posted the addresses here: http://www.stranger-things.net/forum...5&postcount=38

Thanks quippygirl for bringing this over.

Last edited by ehab; 08-25-2004 at 10:54 AM.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:05 PM   #11
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Thanks quip for the link.

Awww, she's soo sweet. Everytime there are comments made on CC it's always about how nice and polite she is to everyone. And she just as this glow and magnetism(?) that draws people to her. I love how posed she is. Oooo how I wish I could meet her personally.

If I recall correctly, I remember an anonymous person, (from a soundstage of a movie CC was on-don't remember which one), mentioning how CC always put everyone's needs ahead of hers.

I'm happy she finally got a break on a tv series, BUT I'm still praying that her series gets picked up.

Quote:
Morrigan
I'm happy that CC realizes her fans (and more than likely general ATS/BTVS fans) will watch her in just about anything.
I sure will, even if it takes me an hour to reach my aunts house and watch her on any cable show.

Quote:
Elisha
It’s great that she seems so close to HMC. Love the little jabs about how Holly “gets it” right after she mentions HMC is producer, maybe it’s my brain but I automatically thought of Joss.
You know the same thought crossed my mind too.

Quote:
Tojoson
i llove that charisma is so respected in the industries that when she does a guest starring role, she gets a lot of attention for it

there are usually articles and notices all over the place for anything she does.

and when she is listed in the credits, she is always listed as special guest star, or 'and Charisma Carpenter as---' (i know this is something that is negotiated, but she is so well thought of that she gets it)
Ditto.
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #12
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Along the same line, Sci-Fi.com has a quick article about Charisma, concentrating on no "Angel" interest... actually, it's a carbon copy of the TV Guide article...

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-t...08/25/09.45.tv

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:20 PM   #13
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehab
Don't forget to send postcards to UPN because it sounds like Cats and Dogs can use additional support from us.
I wonder when that decision will be made. I know everyone keeps talking about the death of the sitcom, but I'm not so sure that the networks are really giving up on the format - the studios at the very least will be motivated to keep trying, because nothing sells so well in syndication as sitcoms, and with the end of "Friends", "Frasier" and "Everyone Loves Raymond" last year, there's not that many new shows that are available for first run syndication in the near future.

Still, if it doesn't work out, I've decided that my new dream project for CC would be to get herself on "Arrested Development". I've caught up on reruns of the show this past summer, and I love it. (I won't even get into my renewed girl crush on Jason Batemen...). She's definitely got an in, since the show is Ron Howard's baby and Brian Grazer was probably instrumental in approving her for so many "Miss Match" appearances last year. I'd love to see CC take on Portia de Rossi.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #14
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
They've proven over time that they'll follow me no matter what I do...
How many here got all tingly knowing that she meant us and the folks over at CC.com? I know I did!

We're part of the "they!"

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:04 PM   #15
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Platypus
Still, if it doesn't work out, I've decided that my new dream project for CC would be to get herself on "Arrested Development".
Ooo now that's one HILLarious show. Everytime I watch, I'm left in tears. I'd love to see CC in that. Wonder what her character will be like though??

By the way, is your avatar from Family Guy...cause I was watching it today and "death" was blowing a bubble while getting his confidence to kill a police officer. Know what I'm sayin, or am I just getting confusin the shindix out of you??
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote