Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2004, 06:43 PM   #76
Elisha
Classic

Re: Personally, i don't think CC should be picky.

Quote:
Originally posted by x factor
Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the competition for regular roles in Hollywood as cutthroat and as vicious as it can get? Isnt CC competing against literally hundreds of actresses for the handful of spots on pilots?

I WANT TO SEE CHARISMA!!! lol...the last thing i want is to see her turn away decent work because it's not a "perfect" fit for her. I just hope she doesnt get complacent and start taking things for granted. She's still in the periphery of star power, unfortunately.

Hopefully the Playboy shoot will get her noticed!! lol...it already has my full attention.
I beg to differ. I think it’s wonderful and refreshing that Charisma is so picky. So many actors take roles just to get some work and exposure, or pacify their fans, were as Charisma is being classy and choosing something that feels right for her.

She has every right to choose the perfect role, after the way Joss and co treated her. She also has a family to think of now, and she also owes it to herself to be comfortable in any role she takes on. I think by being choosey she is avoiding roles that will stamp her as the bitch for the rest of her life, and it is allowing her to find roles that express her talents.

ETA: Though don’t get me wrong I totally want to see Charisma on my TV or better yet movie screen sometime very soon.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Last edited by Elisha; 03-23-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:45 PM   #77
Platypus
The Pointy End

Re: Personally, i don't think CC should be picky.

Quote:
Originally posted by x factor
I WANT TO SEE CHARISMA!!!
Word. Wordy McWord, Word. And Word.

I'm getting slightly depressed about the lack of news on the CC front. I need to know where my next CC fix is coming from, dammit!!!

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:46 PM   #78
lex

RE: Personally, i don't think CC should be picky.

I feel like because it is early in her post- Whedon career she kind of has to picky. Which ever show she ends up on (crossing my fingers) will be the her first introduction as an actress to a significant portion of the viewing public- it is important that she chooses a role that she can shine in.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:40 PM   #79
LaLa247
Wooo!

I actually gotta agree with X-Factor. Being picky is good, but not now. I would like to see her get a co-starring or secondary role on a show, just so she can keep doing auditions and leave when a bigger part comes along.

Like X Factor said, the perfect role could pass her by because of this. I wouldn't want that.

And yes, I too want to see Charisma, dammit.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:14 PM   #80
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

The impression I got from Chrissy's post was that she was being picky about the type of role/character, the story, and chemistry involved.

I think it's great that she's putting that kind of thought and effort into the job search b/c I think it will be beneficial in the long run. She'll have a (hopefully) better chance of a successful show if everything falls into place from the start.

That being said, I'm dying for news on the CC job front. I really wish we'd get confirmation of something, another guest staring role, a TV Move, Feature Film, new series.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:52 PM   #81
tojoson

i'm a;most hoping she doesn't get a shiow yet, i would like to see her do guest shots on a variety of shows next year,

i'd like to see her do some drama, and comedy, maybe even some sci-fi, and of course some abc family style movies.

if she does guest shots on maybe 12 shows, with multiples on some, that would keep me very happy.

the more varied type of shows she does, the more chance of someone writing a show especially for her.

i would love to see her stretch her wings.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:59 PM   #82
askew

Well, if pilot season doesn't work out for CC this season, I hope Charisma will consider another fun tv-movie like "See Jane Date" on ABC Family. While SJD wasn't Shakespeare, it was a lot of fun and it played to CC's strengths. I think the competition during pilot season has got to be just brutal. And CC may not have enough name recognition yet to land some of these roles.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:59 PM   #83
i_glow_like_cordy

I think CC's doing a smart thing right now. She's doing allittle of everything, Drama, Comedy etc, and more importantly, she's doing it on different networks. From what we understand, The Miss Match producers and NBC loved her, Lifetime specificly mentioned how much they loved her in the press release, and ABC seemed happy to promote her.

Best thing CC can do right now is sample everything, on different networks, and try and get a good movie or two in, raise her star profile, then next year, go for a REALLY good show, because to be honest, we are all really wanting CC to get a show for this year, but to me, none of these show's sound very good!

Cordy:I thought he had a soul.
Spike: I thought she didn't.
Cordy:I do.
Spike:So do I.
Cordy:Well, clearly, mine's better.

Wesley: We have to pass through the corridor without ringing any of the bells
Cordelia looks down at her Breasts
Cordy: (to breasts)I knew you two would get me into trouble some day.
i_glow_like_cordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:31 AM   #84
MoJo
Lost ME

Quote:
and try and get a good movie or two in
Yeah, just heard Tarantino is planning to do Kill Bill 3 & 4, and thought CC could be a great casting chioce, I could just imagine her as part of someones backstory, also it could mean great things for WW

"Heaven... Must be missing an angel..."
MoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #85
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJo
Yeah, just heard Tarantino is planning to do Kill Bill 3 & 4, and thought CC could be a great casting chioce [...]
Not exactly. He's doing an anime prequel, not 3&4.

But, speaking of Tarantino, I do think it would do good for Charisma's career to work with him. And it doesn't even have to do a starring role. Look at Uma Thurman's role in Pulp Fiction- she's on screen for less than 45 minutes (the shortest of all the leads), yet her character is remembered by nearly everyone who has seen the film, she graces the cover of the DVD/poster, and got an Oscar nod for it.

She needs a role that is full of sparks and will get her remembered and noticed. Tarantino can do that...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:56 PM   #86
Bibliophile

Since this thread seems to have turned into a catch-all of CC info I thought I'd post this here since it's not really worthy of its own thread. I was flipping channels earlier and stopped on TV Guide channel when I heard a guy mention Charisma's name. It was the guy that played the cousin's groom in See Jane Date and he was talking about his brother getting married in the same place where they shot the reception scene for See Jane Date a year later almost to the day. He didn't really have anything to say about Charisma but he mentioned that she starred in the movie and he gave a brief rundown of the plot. Mostly he was joking about his parents coming to the set and getting pictures of him in his tux with his "bride" but it nice to hear CC's name come up randomly like that. Apparently, he's on American Dreams now and it was an interview for that.