Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2004, 03:27 PM   #61
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I don't believe Pilot Season is based on the networks. I believe the call goes out to production companies and casting agents. So CC can be meeting with and reading for parts on several different networks.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:18 AM   #62
missdini

I'm a little late, but that's great news!
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:43 PM   #63
brahmsviolin

I'm a little late, too, but I'm happy to check in and find happy news about Charisma. I've never seen The Division, but I will definitely be checking out CC's ep.

I haven't gone over to read the summaries of the pilot possibilities yet, but I hope I find some good news here soon regarding one of them.

Thanks to everyone for all of the updates. I like knowing I have a place I can count on for all the CC news.
Team Cordy #172
brahmsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:29 AM   #64
LaLa247
Wooo!

ABC has picked up six comedy pilots including the Jessica Simpson one. No word on which ones they are.

So, I guess unless Chrissy gives us the word, that Charisma is not part of these pilots?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #65
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

The article didn't really say much about the other pilots it's possible that CC was cast in one of those.

As much as I hate to admit it, seeing CC as the hardworking professional that gets her life turned upside down when Jessica Simpson joins her news program could be a good role. She'd be playing second fiddle to JS which sucks but I envision it as a sort of a mix of Serena and Murphy Brown.

Besides anyone that plays the straight man to JS is going to come out looking good.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:50 PM   #66
Carolina

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan
As much as I hate to admit it, seeing CC as the hardworking professional that gets her life turned upside down when Jessica Simpson joins her news program could be a good role. She'd be playing second fiddle to JS which sucks but I envision it as a sort of a mix of Serena and Murphy Brown.

Besides anyone that plays the straight man to JS is going to come out looking good.
I'd just feel bad for poor Charisma for having to put up with Jessica Simpson on the set, having such a hard time with her lines and things of that nature. The Jessica Simpson show just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I think that CC can do much better, even if she has to wait another year.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:15 PM   #67
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Well, I admit that JS probably isn't a treat to work with in RL, but her comedy always comes off well because her personality is so laughable. If the show is successful and CC sparks, then we'll get to see her on her own sitcom. 2 years. Tops.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:47 PM   #68
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Thing about sitcoms is as often as not, it's the sidekick who ends up being the breakout star. Christine Baranski, winner of mutiple Emmys for Cybil, is probably the best example I can think of. Whoever it is who plays Niles Crane is another. And if CC ended up opposite Jessica Simpson, I can't see any way that lightning wouldn't strike.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:55 PM   #69
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
Thing about sitcoms is as often as not, it's the sidekick who ends up being the breakout star. Christine Baranski, winner of mutiple Emmys for Cybil, is probably the best example I can think of. Whoever it is who plays Niles Crane is another. And if CC ended up opposite Jessica Simpson, I can't see any way that lightning wouldn't strike.
That's a great point. Anything with Jessica Simpson in it at this point is guaranteed to get a lot of press. CC is talented enough to shine in any role and, even if the show isn't that great, it'd be worth doing just to get more face and name recognition, although the premise of the show doesn't sound bad.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:46 PM   #70
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
That's pretty much what I was thinking as well. I don't really know much about JS but I do wonder how much of the dumb blonde routine is an act.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:40 PM   #71
LaLa247
Wooo!

To update on the ABC pilots, Gina Gershon has gotten the lead of Hot Momma.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:20 PM   #72
Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
To update on the ABC pilots, Gina Gershon has gotten the lead of Hot Momma.
Huh. I never pegged her as the outrageously funny type...I really liked her on Snoops though.

On the Joey front, I know they casted Joey's older sister and nephew. No words yet on the love interest. *cross fingers*

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:27 AM   #73
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I've also read that Lindsay Sloane and Sabrina Lloyd have been cast with Selma Blair in that David E. Kelley project.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:46 PM   #74
Flyer

Personally, I'd love to see a show tailored specifically for CC (ala Aly Hannigan's deal.)

I don't watch much TV, but I'd watch a CC show.
Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:32 PM   #75
x factor

Personally, i don't think CC should be picky.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the competition for regular roles in Hollywood as cutthroat and as vicious as it can get? Isnt CC competing against literally hundreds of actresses for the handful of spots on pilots?

I WANT TO SEE CHARISMA!!! lol...the last thing i want is to see her turn away decent work because it's not a "perfect" fit for her. I just hope she doesnt get complacent and start taking things for granted. She's still in the periphery of star power, unfortunately.

Hopefully the Playboy shoot will get her noticed!! lol...it already has my full attention.
x factor is offline   Reply With Quote