Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2004, 07:36 PM   #1
Platypus
The Pointy End

Potential role for CC?

Not having any new "news" regarding CC's next project, I'm scrounging for ideas. Just read this in the latest Entertainment Weekly "The Deal Report":

Quote:
Charlie's Angels is back at full throttle! ABC - home of the original Farrah Fawcette vehicle - just closed a deal to re-make the '70s hit for prime time, with the idea that the show will launch a new, improved series of movies starring the three yet-to-be-cast angels. Exec producers Carlton Cuse (Nash Bridges) and John Wirth (The District) are developing the show for mid-season next year...
I think I could dig CC as an "angel". Is it too soon to bombard the producers with casting suggestions?

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:44 PM   #2
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

If she got the Jaclyn Smith part, sure.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:54 PM   #3
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

Since i wasn't around when the show was on (Sadly, i was born in the 80's....*shudders*) could someone perhaps fill me in on who was whom and what could Charisma be best suited for?

Like, who did Farah Fawcett play? (Wasn't she only on for a year? If i remember hearing it correctly)

And yes, i saw Charlies Angel's:Full throttle. (don't laugh) and was that Jaqueline Smith who made an appearance. If so...

Dayum, she looks good. Heh. Compared to Farahh Fawcett (no offence)
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by CAMartin
Since i wasn't around when the show was on (Sadly, i was born in the 80's....*shudders*) could someone perhaps fill me in on who was whom and what could Charisma be best suited for?
Farrah Fawcett played Jill, the sexpot. Kate Jackson played Sabrina, the brain. Jaclyn Smith played Kelly, the brainy sexpot. Not sure who played what in the movies.

Farrah Fawcett was on it for just the one season. She was replaced by Tanya Roberts, I believe.

Jaclyn Smith has a recurring role on The District, and yes, day-um.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:19 PM   #5
QueenC
All.About.Her...

OK... here we go (I was a HUGE Charlie's Angels fan when I was little)

The original 3:

Jaclyn Smith -- Kelly Garrett (the role Kate Jackson was originally cast in, but she decided she wanted to be Sabrina. Rumor has it that Jaclyn almost didn't get the job. Robert Wagner really lobbied for her... )

Kate Jackson -- Sabrina Duncan

Farrah Fawcett-Majors -- Jill Monroe
All 3 were La Police until they left to work for Charlie

When Jill left (after one season)... enter Kris (Jill's little sister) -- Cheryl Ladd (San Francisco PD)

After 2 more seasons, Sabrina leaves to get married... enter Tiffany Wells -- Shelly Hack (the "Charlie" perfume girl... kinda ironic, huh) (Boston PD)

After one season... Tiffany goes back east and they pick up Julie Rogers -- Tanya Roberts -- in Hawaii... she's a model working under cover. Lasts not quite a whole season, then it's cancelled.

And there ya have it... (yes, yes, I'm sad and pathetic, but hey, as a 9-10 year old girl, Charlie's Angels were THE coolest!)

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:15 AM   #6
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Oh, hell yeah! She'd be FANTASTIC!

Who do we write to?

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #7
Bernie the Moose

she'd be SO great on a new charlie's angels TV show!!! Although she wants to get away from 1 hr. dramas (didn't she say that?). I hope she gets the role and hopefully it will be like the TV show and not like the Movies!!!
Bernie the Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:33 PM   #8
argel
beloved cordelia

CC in a Charlie's Angels remake one-hour? I could definitely dig it.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:38 PM   #9
rolandro

Sabrina. Lobby CC for it. And her personal trainer. Did anyone else think Cordy was too buff for Cordy in Ep 100? While the critics seemed focused on her cleavage, I kept thinking damn. Since when did CC have *shoulders*?
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:42 PM   #10
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandro
While the critics seemed focused on her cleavage, I kept thinking damn. Since when did CC have *shoulders*?
Ever seen her Fitness mag pictures? She's always been pretty ripped.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:52 PM   #11
rolandro

Penny,

No argument here, but back in my swim team days I remember sort of falling for buff girl shoulders, so I'm sort of aware of that anatomy bit more than some.

I always thought CC had been pretty careful about shoulder size, and a trainer would be able to give her tone and strength without going all Linda H. with her deltoids. (Tim Curry/Dr. Frankenfurter: 'Del-l-l-toids, and a bi-hi-hi-cep! Uh HOT. . . - but I digress.) I think what I mean is that CC in AtS was *thin*. But CC is an adrenline/endorphin junkie, and so by AtS she looked to me like someone who was keeping to a very strict regimen (necessary for the Job Requirement)and had a rep for being an active person.

What I saw in Ep 100 was a woman who is deciding to push it out a bit more. As Cordy might say, she knows how to stave already. (Now build me a body that says 'I know how to fight.') Female empowerment, expressed physically. Wonder Woman - the girl is SO putting it out there. But back to the Playboy deal (other thread, I know), I'm going to be just as curious with her PG bits as anything else. Shoulders. . . um.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:01 PM   #12
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Oh, gotcha. Mainly I go from the upper-arm perspective. You may or may not have any idea how difficult it is for women to tone that area; CC's always have been very well defined, which contributed to her fit-but-not-skinny look. (I could be so jealous of her triceps. I kid you not.)
Old 02-28-2004, 09:37 PM   #13
Syn
insane clown girl

*swoon* YES GOD YES!!

I think I just voted "yes" on CC as an Angel.