Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If Charisma were to star in Whedon's version of WonderWoman, would you go see it?
Yes! Go Charisma! We love you! W00t! 32 66.67%
No! Asshat must fail in all he does! 6 12.50%
Yes but afterwards praise the acting while condemning the shoddy writing and direction 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

WonderWoman Poll

Ok, in another thread about WonderWoman people were discussing Joss' comment about Charisma at least getting a test, when LaLa came out with the following:

Quote:
I wouldn't pay to see Whedon's version even if he got Charisma to star in it.
So, that got me thinking... What are people's thoughts on this?

Suppose, just suppose for a moment, that Charisma DID test for WonderWoman and just suppose no matter how small the odds are, that she got the job.

Would you go and see it to support Charisma OR would you not see it just to dump a little more on Joss?

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

How do you know the writing and directing will be shoddy?

ATS and BTVS under early Joss weren't. Firefly wasn't and neither was Serenity.

I'll vote "other" in which I'll check out the previews and reviews and if it looks good great, if not oh well. Whether Charisma is in it or not. However, I'll be pissed if he really goes with the black leather. Wonder Woman wears star spangled spanky pants, dammit!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

It's a No but not for your reasons, I doubt I'd have any interest in his "reinvention" of WW. I don't read the comics but I have my idea of what WW is/should be and he's totally off. So, there's no interest for me. Kind of the same reason why I have no inclination to see the new Super Man movie.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #4
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

I'm not saying I do know that, I'm just saying that might be somebody's point of view. A lot of people, myself included, when they don't like a writer or a director, look for the weak spots rather than the stronger spots and come out with a negative impression. While someone who does like the writer/director may not notice the weak spots so much or may even 'forgive' the weak spots because of the stronger spots.

I should have included an 'other' option though. Sorry!

As for the reasons, maybe they shouldn't be there, but they were the general vibes I was picking up on.

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert
I'm not saying I do know that, I'm just saying that might be somebody's point of view. A lot of people, myself included, when they don't like a writer or a director, look for the weak spots rather than the stronger spots and come out with a negative impression. While someone who does like the writer/director may not notice the weak spots so much or may even 'forgive' the weak spots because of the stronger spots.

I should have included an 'other' option though. Sorry!

As for the reasons, maybe they shouldn't be there, but they were the general vibes I was picking up on.
Thing is, I don't like Joss and yet.. I give credit where it's due. He's written crap, sure but he's also written some good solid stuff. Serenity was a good solid movie. I can see him writing a good movie. It's a one shot and he's done. If it sucks, I'll be the first in the bitch line, but I'm not gonna pre-judge the product because the creator happens to be egocentric and a bit of a jerk.

You are a fan of *his* show.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
LaLa247
Wooo!

What Morrigan said.

I have no interest in Whedon's version of WW, Charisma or not, because of the big changes he's making (Wonder Girl: Black Leather Bodysuit Boogaloo).
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:53 PM   #7
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

If it's a success, it's Charisma's success. Yeah, I'd go.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #8
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
What Morrigan said.

I have no interest in Whedon's version of WW, Charisma or not, because of the big changes he's making (Wonder Girl: Black Leather Bodysuit Boogaloo).
I wouldn't be too worried about that Lara. After the disaster that was "Catwoman" and the success that was "Batman Begins", I doubt DC will want to deviate that much from the comic again. After all, even with the slight modifications in BB, you still recognized him as Batman. Catwoman on the other hand...yea. I don't think they'll go that route again.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote