Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2004, 11:16 PM   #16
tojoson

as i posted in another thread earlier this week,

i think that if her shows get good ratings, and she gets some good press reviews, that may give UPN a little incentive to pick up her show, if only to prevent the WB from having her on their network.

hypothetical conversation in the UPN offices

Programming Genius(???) 1: boy, we really got creamed in the ratings by charmed again last night, that's twice in the last 3 weeks, i wonder why.

PG 2: well, Charisma Carpenter was a guest star on both the shows that destroyed us. and now i hear that they are offering her a recurring role.

PG 1: oh shit, what are we gonna do now,
hey wait, didn't she do a pilot for us this year

PG 2: yeah, it's called 'like cats and dogs', it's pretty good, but we didn't have any room for it, we only picked up 2 sitcoms

PG 1: i remember seeing that, i liked it, well we better FIND room for it, we have to pick it up for mid-season, we have to get her on UPN, she's killing us over there. so sign her up, give her perks, but get her here

end of hypothetical conversation

hell, i can dream can't i

Last edited by tojoson; 08-25-2004 at 11:19 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:44 AM   #17
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
Still, if it doesn't work out, I've decided that my new dream project for CC would be to get herself on "Arrested Development". I've caught up on reruns of the show this past summer, and I love it. (I won't even get into my renewed girl crush on Jason Batemen...). She's definitely got an in, since the show is Ron Howard's baby and Brian Grazer was probably instrumental in approving her for so many "Miss Match" appearances last year. I'd love to see CC take on Portia de Rossi.
CC would be great to play Jason Bateman's love interest on the show. They kept saying on VH-1's Best Week Ever that Justine Bateman might get cast in that role, I'm so hoping that was a joke b.c it's kind of icky to think about.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:19 AM   #18
David Falkayn
Do you like my new 'do?

Finally back on line after Charley...

I'm looking forward to seeing Charisma on "Charmed". It's looking like her career is beginning to gather steam now as she leaves the Whedonverse far behind.

It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for its welfare.--Edmund Burke
David Falkayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:17 AM   #19
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
CC would be great to play Jason Bateman's love interest on the show. They kept saying on VH-1's Best Week Ever that Justine Bateman might get cast in that role, I'm so hoping that was a joke b.c it's kind of icky to think about.
I think Michael (JB's character) already has a love interest (his brother's ex-girlfriend). But I've been saying for awhile now that CC needs to be on that show.

As for C&D's, I think it's going to highly depend on how UPN's new shows fair.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #20
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
I think Michael (JB's character) already has a love interest (his brother's ex-girlfriend). But I've been saying for awhile now that CC needs to be on that show.
Lucille could use a live-in practical nurse just to keep her from floating off into the ether -- imagine CC living next door to Mama Blum (and wrangling Liza Minnelli)....
Old 08-26-2004, 03:21 PM   #21
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
She's definitely got an in, since the show is Ron Howard's baby and Brian Grazer was probably instrumental in approving her for so many "Miss Match" appearances last year. I'd love to see CC take on Portia de Rossi.

And don't forget the fact that Ron Howard's dad guest starred on Angel... in Carpe Noctum! (There are links *everywhere*!! IT's destiny I tell ya! )

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:31 PM   #22
rolandro

Remember when. . . last fall, we were simultaneously grieving about a Cordy-free AtS S5 while wistfully talking about Charisma In The Future chatting on set with some insider interviewer about industry stuff that wasn't AtS, being a mom and working on projects???

Sounds like the future is now. And it's nice she feels confident in her fan base. We're really something, really good fans. Aren't we?
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:38 PM   #23
tojoson

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenC
And don't forget the fact that Ron Howard's dad guest starred on Angel... in Carpe Noctum! (There are links *everywhere*!! IT's destiny I tell ya! )
also don't forget, Ron Howard's mother also appeared with Charisma in Buffy, season 1, Teacher's Pet.
she played the older teacher whose identy the She Mantis stole
( i think it was probably her last acting job before she died )

ETA:
wow, was i ever mistaken, she did a couple of tv shows, and a few movies after buffy--busy lady for her age. (73 when she died in 2000)

Last edited by tojoson; 08-26-2004 at 11:06 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote