Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2004, 09:39 PM   #1
Jade03

Charisma's tattoo's

I was just wondering, how long has CC had that tattoo on her wrist?
What season did she get it?
Jade03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
LaLa247
Wooo!

It's a rosary.

I think she got it around Season One, right (so, that makes it around five years ago)? That's why Cordy suddenly got a fetish for clunky bracelets and big ass watches...

Purdy, ain't it?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 12:22 AM   #3
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

Quote:
Purdy, ain't it?
Yes, it is. But i actually prefer the sun? on the back of her back.

Does anybody have a real solid reason why she got these? I mean, was there an interview where she actually explained it all? (I remember reading one about her skydiving thing and then the show forbid them to do such dangerous things, heh.)

I prefer to think Charisma is simply a freespirited woman. *sighs*
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:18 AM   #4
Kimmers

Just watched an old KTLA interview with CC, which i got from Charisma-Carptner.com
She mentioned the tattoo right, the interview was set early season three.
One of the women noticed the tatto, she said that she coudlnt' wear it on the show. She said that it was a new one.
Not sure if Lara is right about getting it back in season one, but this is the first time it's mentioned in an interview
from Kim
Kimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 06:22 AM   #5
Elisha
Classic

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, Charisma always wanted a sun tattoo because she likes the sun, and she wanted something to represent her being a Leo, but she couldn’t find the right design. Finally when she met Damian I belive she saw his tattoo of the sun and moon entwined, and decided to copy it. That’s the gist of it anyway.

As for the Rosary I believe she got it in between season one and two of Angel.

ETA: Quote from the lady "It’s a sun. I’m Leo, and the sun is the symbol of my astrological sign. It’s also the symbol for life. I spent years searching for the right tattoo actually, and I found it on my then boyfriend’s body, Damian Hardy. When I saw his tattoo, I realized that a sun was exactly what I was looking for."

"It’s a rosary, and this actually causes a lot of conflict on the show because of the relationship I have with a vampire [laughs]! Joss is a little perturbed at me for getting it. For me it had nothing to do with the show. It has everything to do with where I was in my life. When you’re on a show things become distorted. I needed to get back to ground zero and back to the meaning of my life and what my purpose is, where my most important relationships are. This is my reminder, my personal I.D."

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Last edited by Elisha; 02-21-2004 at 06:28 AM.
Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Historical note: CC's rosary tattoo is clearly visible in her In Style pictorial, which appeared mid-Season 2 and therefore was shot some months earlier. The "sometime during Season 1" timeline sounds just about right to me.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #7
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

Quote:
"It’s a rosary, and this actually causes a lot of conflict on the show because of the relationship I have with a vampire [laughs]! Joss is a little perturbed at me for getting it. For me it had nothing to do with the show. It has everything to do with where I was in my life. When you’re on a show things become distorted. I needed to get back to ground zero and back to the meaning of my life and what my purpose is, where my most important relationships are. This is my reminder, my personal I.D."
Even in words, she is just so....sweet. heh.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:35 AM   #8
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
The "sometime during Season 1" timeline sounds just about right to me.
Thank you!

I too like the sun on her back, it's very pretty. Didn't she say that her hubby has the same tattoo, that's why she got it? I remember her saying that...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:57 AM   #9
MrPresident

I knew about the sun tattoo, but I never knew she had tattoos on her wrists. I knew there was a reason for the millions of braclets they had on her.
MrPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:20 PM   #10
rolandro

They used to hide the sun tatoo, (according to Jane E in the S1 DVD - Rm w/a vu, I *think* - "Cordy wouldn't be the kind of girl to get one") By mid S2 to early/mid S3 it's visible practically 24/7.

The rosary can be seen quite clearly in closeup when Cordy touches baby Connor in the stroller, end of "Dad." - which is funny, because if they were really upset about it, using a "stunt double" hand and wrist would've been pretty easy to do. Spotting it is easy once you know about it (like after you buy a car, and then notice that everyone drives your model.)

I actually think she got the rosary sometime late S1 because they've always covered that wrist in cloth or spanglies. Don't think she had it in "Expecting," but shortly after.

I remember someone trying to infer from preview clips of Eppy 100 that she was wearing an I/V patch bandage from the hospital, because of covering it up. Which was probably what they decided to do anyway - "go with something hospital-ly, like gauze or compression bandage."
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote