Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2003, 03:57 AM   #31
Elisha
Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Emmangel
The rights for photos like this are to the photographer, so we’d have to get their permission to use such images.
Aww damn! Well it was worth a shot. *g*

Oh slightly OT talking about photos I love the one you have up at Charisma online from Cult Times, and with that im going to piss off and leave the rest of this up to the experts.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 09:27 PM   #32
Jake

Need some more action on this thread - and, more importantly, more $$ for our cause. Let's all dig deep.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 09:36 PM   #33
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Since this worked pretty well last time, I have an idea -- let's break it down to a certain amount per day. We have just about $300 in the account right now, which means that if we raise $90 a day until the HR deadline, we'll be good to go.

Remember, for the Variety ad, most of our contributions were of $20 or less. We had a whole bunch of people doing a little at a time, and it worked brilliantly. Let's go!
Old 07-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #34
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Forgot the morning update: We just tipped $300 as of this A.M. (Yay us. ) Another $75 or so, and the daily goal is in the bag.

As to copy, I plan to sit down with this tonight and see what comes together. I'll try to post it by tomorrow morning so we can start collecting feedback.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:29 PM   #35
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

And here we are with an update -- as of this afternoon we're at

$401.99

We're getting there!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:07 AM   #36
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Thee latest:

The delay of the August Starburst until the last week of July, while frustrating on one level, has put us in the interesting position of having real-time ad coverage three months in a row: June (Variety), July (Cult Times, which was sighted yesterday), and August (Starburst).

My question to you: Shall we postpone the Hollywood Reporter ad for three or four weeks and make it a four-play with an ad in September? It would give more people a chance to get back from vacation and participate, and more lead time on the design end never hurts.

(Speaking of which, I really really do have an angle on the copy -- real-life work has crowded everything else off the map for the past few weeks, but that's going to change a bit next week, so expect to see text within a few days.)

Waiting until September also would mean that we'd get to select from the See Jane Date images in building the ad. And who knows -- we might have even more good news to celebrate soon.

How does this sound?
Old 07-18-2003, 11:14 AM   #37
Jawa
I.am.pleasant.(dammit)

Sounds like a good plan to me, Penny! Who knows, maybe CC will get involved in another show by that time.

Jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 01:29 PM   #38
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Sounds good to me too!
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #39
starlet2367
glitterati

I like four-plays! Sounds good to me.

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 05:18 PM   #40
Platypus
The Pointy End

I'm on board Penny. For one thing, I'd really like the final HR ad to use images from "See Jane Date", because I'd like the last message we send out as a group to be one that indicates to CC and the industry that we meant what we said when we promised to support her in other projects, and also that we don't need her to come back to AtS in order to show that support.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:22 PM   #41
Elisha
Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
I'm on board Penny. For one thing, I'd really like the final HR ad to use images from "See Jane Date", because I'd like the last message we send out as a group to be one that indicates to CC and the industry that we meant what we said when we promised to support her in other projects, and also that we don't need her to come back to AtS in order to show that support.
Oh the finger biting picture! What can we do to get that image? I mean if Emma has to sell her body to the photographer or the higher ups at ABC then I think we can get behind that.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:33 PM   #42
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Elisha, that would be a fantastic picture to use.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:34 PM   #43
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Isn't that the deal, we could use promo shots from the show (ATS) or the movie w/o fear of copyright infringement?

I'd love to see that nail biting pic in a CC ad.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:34 AM   #44
Emmangel
Administrator

See, I think that picture would be *perfect* for the ad, I adore it.

But for it to be viable, we need to get a bigger copy from ABC or whoever, since the one we have is not big enough.

Someone want to go begging?
Old 08-11-2003, 01:09 PM   #45
landrews1

Hey!

What's up on this thread? Still heading for a September ad? Still need contributions?

Laurie

"The powers that be what?" - Angel, City Of

Thanks Psychofilly and Mistress Mab for the only avatars I own!!
landrews1 is offline   Reply With Quote