Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
tojoson

Questions, Ponders, and Nit Picks

Just a place to ask about things you wonder about such as:

In 'I Fall To Pieces',
How come the creepy doctors eyes could float, but his hands couldn't,
and if vampires don't have a heartbeat, therefore no blood circulation, How come a blood born drug effects Angel?

In today's show 'Reunion' Drusilla called Darla 'Grandmother',
that got me thinking,
Darla is Angels sire (Mother) so she WOULD be Dru's grandmother, but when Drusilla re-sired her that would make Darla her OWN great grandmother.

Angel is Darla's son, but he sired Dru, and she sired Darla, so that would make Angel Darla's grandfather also, but I think that would make him his own Grandson too.

Then there's Connor. Connor is Angel's son, but he would be his own great Grandson through Darla. He would be a brother to Drusilla making him his own Great Uncle. He would be his Mother's Uncle, His own Great Grandson.
I'm sure there is probably a way that he would be his own Brother.

The mind boggles.

Feel free to contribute your own Questions, Ponders, and Nit Picks
Old 01-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
DamnSkippy

I've always wondered why Angel felt the need to apologize to Buffy after Sanctuary when she basically told him to screw himself and his little dog, too. But, that may be less of a nitpick and more of a WTF WHOA!!~

The floating eye thing is a good question that I never thought about before now. The only answer I can see is that they just looked creepier that way. Having them roll around the floor would have made me LOL and would have made his eyes really gritty when he got them back.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
tojoson

Yeah. Angel could have used that floaty eye thing when he shaved, or combed his hair.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
Bryan

Smile

If vampires don't breathe - how do they smoke? No blood pressure leads to other "hydraulic" questions also!
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
samsmom

Why did Angel sweat?

These are questions for the ages.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Sense. Angel's vampy sense seemed to be good in btvs, but in Angel, his vampy sense was almost non-existent. Spike's sense was always good. I wonder why Angel's wasn't? Angel could have known a lot of things if he had his vampy sense.

Or, I could just be crazy? lol

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 PM   #7
jean-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiwawa View Post
Sense. Angel's vampy sense seemed to be good in btvs, but in Angel, his vampy sense was almost non-existent. Spike's sense was always good. I wonder why Angel's wasn't? Angel could have known a lot of things if he had his vampy sense.

Or, I could just be crazy? lol
Looked fine to me. In Heartthrob, he could tell where a car was going from the dorm room, just by scent alone. He could hear screams when Nina was being chased by the werewolf and that was when he was about half a mile off. He could sense Darla in crowds. He knew who was stood outside his door when they knocked and he could tell who his crew had slept with the previous night. His senses were very attuned from what I remember.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #8
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

This is all stuff I knew Those are the only times his senses were working. The only time he sensed sex with one of the crew, was Wesley.

This is me...nitpicking, like it says. I don't think his senses were on point very often.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
Old 01-23-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
tojoson

That's another thing that bugged me this morning.

Earlier in the series, as reported by jean-vic, he could detect Darls in a crowd, when she was human, but this morning in 'Reunion' he couldn't even detect Drusilla when she was sneaking up right behind him to hit him with a shovel.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #10
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Exactly my point about Angel's vampy senses not working to it's full potential lol, tojoson. Thanks for pointing that out I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
Old 01-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
jerkstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
If vampires don't breathe - how do they smoke? No blood pressure leads to other "hydraulic" questions also!
rigor mortis
jerkstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #12
Kea

Ok why didn't Angel realized when Cordy had that vision that left marks on her back that she was hurt? Couldn't he have smelled the blood?

Also shouldn't he have realized Cordy was part demon because of smell?
The manpire was out of it!!!
Kea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:05 PM   #13
samsmom

Good one, Kea.

He can smell the blond on Wes the day after but he can't smell nine deep cut-like, bloody scratches on Cordelia's body?

Big example of wtf, Angel, wtf?
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:35 PM   #14
Kea

"Good one, Kea.

He can smell the blond on Wes the day after but he can't smell nine deep cut-like, bloody scratches on Cordelia's body?

Big example of wtf, Angel, wtf?-samsmom"

Thanks. I can't tell how much that bugs me every time I watch the episode. Its like the writers forgot he was a vampire for that part!!!!

Looking at my quotes "Oh my god...we have a pool?"
Ummm it took you that long to find the pool? And why was it full of water? And didn't they have a chance to clean the rest of the hotel!!!

Also what did Angel get Cordy for her Birthday? I know for a fan fic I wrote a LONG time ago I had him give her the jeep, because where else did she get it?

Also when Skip unfroze time wouldn't Cordy's car have crashed into the wall considering it was going fast before it was frozen? Or the cars behind her might have crashed into her vehicle.
The list grows.
Kea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #15
Livvie
nutcase

Along the same lines of smelling the sex on Wes but not being able to smell the cuts on Cordelia, why on Earth did Angel not smell that she was dying?

I saw a program last night where dogs can sniff out bladder cancer in less than an eyedropper full of urine. Another were a dog can sense when a child's blood sugar is dropping and alert them kid he needs to get his levels up or have a seizure.

And we are suppose to buy that Angel, who could tell it was a BLONDE Wes slept with was unable to detect the subtle chemical changes that occured in Cordelia when she was dying?

Forget Angel. They should have made it German Shepard Investigations!