Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #31
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
I'm seeing lots of whining about it being 'just another police procedural', but dude...
Really? Is this TWOP whining or all over? I haven't seen any other police procedurals with literal monsters before.

I got a very Millinium/X-Files vibe but maybe that was more due to the location for filming and the music. IAC, I did enjoy it a lot and I don't see why anyone really needs to pit this show against OUaT in a pissing contest. They're very different shows.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #32
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Really? Is this TWOP whining or all over?
Some at TWoP, some in rec.arts.tv, some at random places, like the SyFy board. It's bizarre, like whining about Angel just being another PI show. Not so much, really.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #33
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Some at TWoP, some in rec.arts.tv, some at random places, like the SyFy board. It's bizarre, like whining about Angel just being another PI show. Not so much, really.
I still need to watch, but one of my pals said it's damn scary. Do I have the fortitude to watch alone? I may have to wait till Saturday morning, when it's daylight and I have the whole day to calm down after. LOL

You know, I watched Dear Boy again so I could write my Halloween fic, and it had been a long time since I watched Angel. It was a good, solidly written show (during that period, anyway) and there truly was nothing else like it on TV. Even Buffy had a different enough spin that Angel stood out. I only say that as a way of agreeing with your "Not so much." How you could mistake it for a procedural is beyond me.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #34
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
I still need to watch, but one of my pals said it's damn scary. Do I have the fortitude to watch alone? I may have to wait till Saturday morning, when it's daylight and I have the whole day to calm down after. LOL
If you can take Angel, this should be okay.

Tell the truth, I think the people whinging about it being a procedural just want to whine about something.

I read a report that the ratings, even up against game 7, were outstanding for Grimm. It kept all of Chuck's audience and gained even more. That may have more to do with no Fringe though, so it'll be interesting to see what happens this Friday.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #35
cordetteL

I really liked the pilot. I thought that I'd heard a while back that Greenwalt had retired. I'm so glad that wasn't the case.

BTW, the logo at the end for (I think it was) G and M productions is priceless.
cordetteL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #36
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

The 2nd episode isn't even over yet, but it's safe to say I definitely like this better than the pilot. I like the Goldilocks theme of the episode.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #37
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

It was a good episode. I hope Aunt Marie can come back in some capacity though, flashbacks or whatever; no ghosts please. And is it just me, or is that trailer like the TARDIS, much bigger on the inside than on the outside?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #38
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

2 episodes in and I like it, I'll keep watching. The second episode was better than the pilot and I'm really digging Monroe, he's a cool/interesting character.

I do have to admit that I find Once Upon a Time to be a more fascinating show but since they're aren't competing I can watch both, plus Supernatural...it's a good day to be a fantasy fan.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #39
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Amy Acker is gonna show up on Grimm.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #40
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I found this link in my language study links. This is for those of you curious about the original fairy tales (and translations thereof): http://www.grimmstories.com/
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #41
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Amy Acker is gonna show up on Grimm.
Jesus, she annoys me, showing up in every Whedon and Whedon-related show. She's like their real, life Mary Sue.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #42
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
Jesus, she annoys me, showing up in every Whedon and Whedon-related show. She's like their real, life Mary Sue.
She wasn't on Angel when Greenie was there, except he directed the horrible The Girl in Question so I suppose he worked with her on one episode. Could she really be that mesmerizing because I don't see it?

CC better show up on Grimm sooner or later or I will have no faith left in Hollywood-style nepotism.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:51 AM   #43
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
She wasn't on Angel when Greenie was there
Yes she was - she joined Angel during the Pylea arc of season two.

I've just found a BBC interview from back in the day..............

Interviews | David Greenwalt

"Team spirit

Tell us what’s happening to all the other characters in season three

Cordelia Chase is almost 180 degrees a different character than she was. She’s still very blunt, a tad vain and very funny, but she now has these tremendous visions that are literally killing her and she’s become a bit of a superhero herself.

I don’t think she can go back be an actress in commercials and want all these shallow things that she wanted before, so she’s really changing, and I think that Angel will be taking a hard second look at her, a kind of look that he’s never taken before.

There is also a wonderful new character named Fred, played by Amy Acker. At the end of the second season, in the last four episodes, all our characters were transported to this other dimension. A dimension in which Angel could walk in the sun and was a noble warrior, except that when he turned into a vampire, he turned into a hideous terrible beast who wanted to kill everything.

[It was also] a dimension in which Wesley was a great general but had to learn to send men to their death, and in the midst of which Cordelia was a fabulous princess. They all got what they’ve always wanted, but there was a terrible twist to that thing.

Fred was a girl who’d been a grad student in physics and had been sucked in this dimension, [where] all humans are slaves. So she became a runaway, living in a cave, out of her mind and scribbling on the walls. Angel rescued her from this dimension and brought her back, so in year three you’ll be seeing Fred, who's a pretty loony girl [after being] locked away in a cave for five years, but charming, funny, wonderful, [with] a big puppy-love crush on Angel.

Both Wesley and Gunn have feelings towards Fred. Angel may realise he has some feelings for Cordelia but they will probably never get expressed because other things will get in the way. Everybody’s moving on, growing up, their lives getting more complicated, with lots more pain.

Gunn is a character who grew up on the streets and really didn’t have his parents much after 13 or 14. This is a guy who never expected to live past 25. Very early on in the season he’ll be dealing with "How can I be working with a vampire when vampires killed my sister?" He really has to come to grips with "Who am I? Where do I belong and why am I even still alive?""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/buffy/ange...lt/page9.shtml

Last edited by Bryan; 11-19-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #44
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Eh, I like her well enough. Sure, Fred sucked, but it's kinda not Acker's fault Whedonites Mary-Sue her character(s). But yes, CC so needs to pop up in Grimm at some point.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #45
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I was a little bored with this week's episode of Grimm, I found myself easily distracted. Other than Eddie showing up, which always improves the episode, the only thing I enjoyed was the mystery surrounding the Captain.

I've only seen AA in an episode of Supernatural and an episode of L&O:CI, she was good in both, I doubt we'll get much of her as it seems to be a one-off assignment.

And I agree, I'd love to see CC on Grimm but I'd want more than just a one-off episode. I'd like to see her be part of Team Nick/Eddie.