Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2015, 10:22 AM   #316
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I find I'm not really enjoying their stay in Alexandria. It's been tense and suspenseful, but I don't like my gang so unsure of themselves and feeling awkward. Carol seems to be the only one working this town for all it's worth, but as fun as that is, it doesn't get rid of this unease I feel for the rest of them. And I can't really say there are any Alexandrians I like. I just hope the finale deaths consist of 100% Alexandrians.
I've really liked this arc, far more than the infamous 'year at the farm' arc. Seeing just how far out Rick and the others had gone compared to those in the relative security of Alexandria has been enlightening, and seeing them finally getting to gripes with their new circumstances works for me. I think this has been the best season since the first.

Liked seeing Morgan come back just in time for him to wonder if maybe Rick's on the crazy train now. I hope he sticks around for a while.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #317
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
I've really liked this arc, far more than the infamous 'year at the farm' arc.
I guess it really takes all kinds to enjoy a show. I liked the farm arc and I think I can say I liked it better than Alexandria. I wanted them to go to Alexandria, but I didn't know they were going to be so out-of-place and apeshit crazy about it all. But I'm just happy now that none of my favorites died...'til season 6 at least.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #318
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

TWD stars up again on October 11 with a 90-minute episode. There's a write-up and a trailer from ComicCon here. If killing zombies is your thing, looks like it's gonna be your season.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #319
DamnSkippy

Quote:
TWD stars up again on October 11 with a 90-minute episode. There's a write-up and a trailer from ComicCon here. If killing zombies is your thing, looks like it's gonna be your season.
That was disturbing...and a bit confusing. But it was hella full of zombies for sure.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #320
JoJo

Everybody ate Chris! Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

I hope they leave Alexandria soon. I just don't like that plotline for some reason.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #321
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Any love for Fear the Walking Dead? I thought it spent a lot of time telling, not showing, but there's reason to hope it's going to be a really good show.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #322
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I thought it was really boring and dragged out. I don't think they needed 90 minutes to tell that story. However, the previews for the rest of the season look good and it's a short season so I'll keep watching.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:28 AM   #323
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I thought it was really boring and dragged out. I don't think they needed 90 minutes to tell that story.
Pilotitis is my guess. This last episode at least moved along some, even though I did lose track of who was where at times. OTOH, the previews for this season of TWD during the episode look great.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:52 AM   #324
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Awesome cold open and a metric butt-load of walkers. TWD is off to an excellent start. Needs more Carol, but what'cha gonna do?
Old 10-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #325
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Awesome cold open and a metric butt-load of walkers. TWD is off to an excellent start. Needs more Carol, but what'cha gonna do?
ITA. It was definitely a strong premiere.

I loved the Carol-Morgan scene. As if anyone with Rick's group from the beginning would not be badass. Good thing the Alexandrians don't think that way.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #326
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Took forever to get to this week's episode. At first I thought they were trying to put me to sleep as a contrast the premiere, but dude, it got interesting again. Gotta say though, how Morgan managed to get by this long with his new-found let'em all live philosophy is puzzling.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #327
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Took forever to get to this week's episode. At first I thought they were trying to put me to sleep as a contrast the premiere, but dude, it got interesting again. Gotta say though, how Morgan managed to get by this long with his new-found let'em all live philosophy is puzzling.
It probably works for him, since he's a nomad and on his own. He either intimidates them away or incapacitates them long enough to get away. He doesn't have to worry about protecting others or a town/community.

Of course the question is how long has he been a pacifist? What happened to Morgan between Clear and when we saw him last season?

I didn't watch the premiere but last weeks episode was outstanding. Loved everything about Carol and im fascinated by the different moral philosophies of Carol and Morgan.

The most surreal moment of the episode was Carl calmly taking the casserole out of the oven after the Wolves threats was over
Old 10-27-2015, 09:46 AM   #328
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

They cannot have done what it looks like they just did. And even if they did do it, I chose to believe they didn't.

Quote:
It probably works for him, since he's a nomad and on his own. He either intimidates them away or incapacitates them long enough to get away. He doesn't have to worry about protecting others or a town/community.
That was the only thing I could come up with. Even so, we've had Rick and company chased by other groups on occasion though out the series.

Quote:
Of course the question is how long has he been a pacifist? What happened to Morgan between Clear and when we saw him last season?
It would appear they'll be showing us Morgan's history next week, so maybe some light will be shined on this.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:08 PM   #329
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Quote:
They cannot have done what it looks like they just did. And even if they did do it, I chose to believe they didn't.
I think they did. My Uncle is in deep denial and has come up with many a crazy theory about how they could write themselves out of it.

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:45 AM   #330
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Melange View Post
I think they did. My Uncle is in deep denial and has come up with many a crazy theory about how they could write themselves out of it.
Oh, I'm sure they did do it, but I'm choosing to believe an alternate reality.