Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 04:53 AM   #1
raregem

Cordy/Angel love theme

I love the music from the show but did they have a love theme?
raregem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:59 AM   #2
argel
beloved cordelia

Not that I can recall. I don't specifically remember any music carrying over into other episodes. It's a shame. B/A got that lovely and depressing little theme, and C/A gets the shaft. Why am I not surprised?

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:01 AM   #3
angdelia
Scratch the Surface

They had, like, 4 different one, maybe even more... They didn't have 'a theme'. It sucks.
angdelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:02 AM   #4
galathea

I don't think so .. since their love was never fully realized. I like to think of the short theme at the end of You're Welcome, when Cordy turns around to kiss Angel as their love theme though ... quite melancholy but well ...
galathea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
KarKar

On the other hand, thank Gawd that ME didn't try to stage C/A complete with a cheesy song.

If you need an obvious "love theme" [cough*Bangel*cough] or the A&R suckfind of the week [cough*Clana*cough] to tell the audience that they're attracted to each other or to frame their "chemistry" or to compensate for the lack of it, you should probably rethink the pairing.

C/A had such a natural, organic chemistry that also didn't have to be restricted to an out and out "romantic moment" but could be seen in a larger range of sitautions and moods.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #6
califi

Sky Digital used 'The Power of Love' song (FgtH) for the You're Welcome promo. I know it's not a show theme, but it brought a tear to my eye each time it came on.

GoTeam C/A

Last edited by califi; 08-12-2005 at 03:00 PM.
califi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:42 PM   #7
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
On the other hand, thank Gawd that ME didn't try to stage C/A complete with a cheesy song.

If you need an obvious "love theme" [cough*Bangel*cough] or the A&R suckfind of the week [cough*Clana*cough] to tell the audience that they're attracted to each other or to frame their "chemistry" or to compensate for the lack of it, you should probably rethink the pairing.

C/A had such a natural, organic chemistry that also didn't have to be restricted to an out and out "romantic moment" but could be seen in a larger range of sitautions and moods.
A manufactured love theme for a manufactured couple.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #8
QueenC4707

Clana has a love theme? Oh lord, please don't tell me it was that godawful Lifehouse song...

I was on a Smallville board back when I still watched the show, and saw that someone actually made a Clana vid to the Bangel song. That combo should make everyone's heart sing.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #9
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenC4707
Clana has a love theme? Oh lord, please don't tell me it was that godawful Lifehouse song...
No, I think that goes under the weekly A&R suckfest song. One of the most shameless pimping by the WB. I'm eternally grateful that no one did any "the music you heard tonight is by..." crap on Ats.

On the other hand, it would've been interesting to see what acts would've actually tried to get on it and what record label would've paid it. I suspect many of the bands wouldn't want to loose credibility as opposed to say, Lighthouse, who have none.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #10
LaLa247
Wooo!

I always imagined C/A's Love Theme (thank God they never got one) being done by VAST. Hee.

Yep, I had to pimp VAST somehow.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #11
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
I always imagined C/A's Love Theme (thank God they never got one) being done by VAST. Hee.
Which would've worked, actually.

I guess as close as they ever got to a Radio-Friendly C/A Theme -- or a C/A theme of any kind -- was "Utopia" by Goldfrapp, from the S3 teaser bumper. At least that song was cool.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #12
raregem

Quote:

Yep, I had to pimp VAST somehow.

I agree! I always think of 'Flames' for them. Haha. They're a great band.
raregem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:03 PM   #13
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
I guess as close as they ever got to a Radio-Friendly C/A Theme -- or a C/A theme of any kind -- was "Utopia" by Goldfrapp, from the S3 teaser bumper. At least that song was cool.
The song was very cool, but I always thought it didn't really match the show. I remember seeing the promo and hearing the song and going "eh?"

They did so well the first season with VAST and Massive Attack, then got silly with "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" for S5.

Back to the love theme topic, yes, "Flames" would've been appropriate if they were to do a theme for C/A.

ETA: You can have a listen to "Flames" here (Save Target As). Keep in mind that this is just a sample and if you really like Jon Crosby's music, you can just buy his CDs, available at Amazon for a pretty cheap price. Well worth the money.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 08-12-2005 at 11:30 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #14
KarKar

Quote:
You can have a listen to "Flames" here (Save Target As). Keep in mind that this is just a sample and if you really like Jon Crosby's music, you can just buy his CDs, available at Amazon for a pretty cheap price. Well worth the money.
Haven't heard that one in awhile. I like the cello part. If they'd have used it they'd have kept a theme going with well, the theme song.