Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

The Nightmare On Elm Street remake

Who here has seen the NOES remake? And, if you have, what did you think of it? (Without being too spoilery.)

There's a part of me that wants to see it because I've seen all of the others. But there's a part of me that's afraid it'll ruin the franchise for me. So I've been staying away.

Plus, to me, the NOES series ended on a good note with NOES 7: New Nightmare. (Not NOES 6: Freddy's Dead, but the one that came after it which almost no one seems to even know about.) I liked New Nightmare so much as a capper for the series that I totally ignore the existence of Freddy vs. Jason.

Anyway, good or bad (I've watched and enjoyed plenty of bad horror movies), what do you think of the NOES remake?
Old 07-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
Childe of Blade

Saw it in theaters.

Nothing special, a few scares here and there but not nearly as engrossing as the 80's films.
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childe of Blade View Post
Nothing special, a few scares here and there but not nearly as engrossing as the 80's films.
I was really hoping the remake would be good. But all of the changes they wanted to make definitely sounded iffy to me. And the response to the film has been lukewarm. (To put it mildly.) But, like I said, I've enjoyed plenty of "bad" horror movies. But there's "fun bad," and there's "boring and blah bad." And the remake sounds like the latter.

I'll probably stumble upon the remake at some point. Until then, I guess I'll stick with the original series.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Syn
insane clown girl

I wanted to see it, mostly because I lovelovelovelovelove Jackie Earl Haley, who was playing Freddie this time around. I'll probably wait until DVD though. I don't have high hopes for it. You can't try to remake a classic, IMHO. Which is probably why that shiteous Friday the 13th remake they made just sucked so much butt. I was sooo bored watching that. It wasn't worth my time.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
djchika
Never Ending Oz Misser

You guys are still here!
djchika is offline   Reply With Quote