Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #16
Seoirse
Team Cordy #1013

Easily the film of the year!
Seoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #17
25cent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
So I've said about Speed Racer, surely the most sadly underrated film of the summer. Sounds like good advice.

That's the first positive thing I've heard about Speed Racer. Are/were you a fan of the cartoon?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #18
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25cent View Post
That's the first positive thing I've heard about Speed Racer. Are/were you a fan of the cartoon?
Yep. And everyone I know who's seen SR has loved SR - problem is, you can't convince anyone to go see it. (And the Dark Knight fanboys? Made. Of. Crazy. They've been trashing this movie and a dozen others relentlessly, since weeks before they actually could have seen them, and most of them still haven't seen them. Although they have been seen on Fandom Wank.) But it's beginning to look as if Blu-ray sales will be berruh berruh good to it, so we'll see.

Re: topic - I'm about to go out of town, but I'll probably go see TDK when I get back. I really was looking forward to it at one point. I'm sure it's very, very good.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #19
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

I took my rugrats and I was blown away. Take into consideration I haven't liked a batman movie since George Clooney.......lol This one was freakin fantastic!! And Ledger gave me the chills he was awesome. What a waste to loose him so young. Great movie!! It won this mommy over. I brought my crocheting to "occupy" myself and didn't get a damn thing done.....LOL

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:03 PM   #20
25cent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Yep. And everyone I know who's seen SR has loved SR - problem is, you can't convince anyone to go see it. (And the Dark Knight fanboys? Made. Of. Crazy. They've been trashing this movie and a dozen others relentlessly, since weeks before they actually could have seen them, and most of them still haven't seen them. Although they have been seen on Fandom Wank.) But it's beginning to look as if Blu-ray sales will be berruh berruh good to it, so we'll see.

Re: topic - I'm about to go out of town, but I'll probably go see TDK when I get back. I really was looking forward to it at one point. I'm sure it's very, very good.

So what did you think of the movie?
Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #21
Childe of Blade

Box office results for TDK so far

$999,300,000+

Last edited by Childe of Blade; 02-19-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #22
SlytherinAngelic

I'm LATE as always, as in, I just seen the movie today. I tend to wait for things as I did with Deathly Hallows. But anyways, I loved the movie. I was going in with no opinions, even though there were a hell of a lot of love/apperciation/obsession coming from those who have seen it, I tried to will myself to keep a straight mind and I did.
SlytherinAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #23
Childe of Blade

I must live near one of the worst theaters in the world, at least in regard to taste in films.

This week, TDK was taken out of my local empires cinema and was replaced with a second screening for DISASTER MOVIE! During its SECOND week of running!

My theater has TWO screens for DM and NONE for TDK!!!

AAAAUUUGH!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #24
Childe of Blade

Latest on TDK:

Quote:
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

"Any day now, 2008's biggest blockbuster The Dark Knight will be topping $1 billion worldwide. Warner Bros tells me that it's already reached $997.5 ($528.5 million domestically and $469 million internationally) since its North American release on July 18th. It's already the 2nd highest domestic grossing pic of all time behind only the $600.8 million domestic haul of 1997/1998's Titanic. And it's the 4th highest worldwide grossing pic behind #1 Paramount/Fox's Titanic ($1.8B), #2 New Line's The Lord of the Rings 3: The Return of the King ($1.1B), and #3 Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest ($1.0B). (None of these rankings are adjusted for inflation or ticket prices.)"

If they're truly serious about this film making the 10 figure mark, they have got to stop screwing around and release this film in a large amount of dollar theaters by next weekend and not a day later. The fact that they're into the 17th weekend with this film and it has yet to go up in theater counts is ridiculous. Some films don't even wait till the 10th weekend to pump their #'s up.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #25
Childe of Blade

$999,361,418 as of Monday

Less than 1 million to go.

Last edited by Childe of Blade; 02-19-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #26
Childe of Blade

$1,001,082,160 !!!!!

Horrrrraaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #27
Childe of Blade

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/09/0...the/2#comments

Vote BB and TDK!