Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How Invested are You?
Rabidly - You live on fic, you get in shipper arguments, and want more NOW! 16 14.55%
Somewhat invested - read the occasional fic, watch reruns, buy some DVDs, etc. 47 42.73%
Lamenting - too bitter over the end that you don't want to talk about it 12 10.91%
Eh - You'll watch it if it's on, but that's about it 17 15.45%
Actively uninterested - You are tired of hearing about it. It's over already. 18 16.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2005, 03:30 PM   #16
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain
Hardly at all it is just to depressing to see what happend to Angel the show and the character although I do have a fan fic in my mind that I think of every so often that involves Angel beating the crap out of that slut Buffy and degranding her while he is doing it.

I went with #1. Though, I would say it's a mixture of rabidly and somewhat invested, that being I live on C/A fic and I used to catch the occasional re-runs on Fox.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #17
angdelia
Scratch the Surface

I went with somewhat invested, but I'm a little bit of #1 too. I read C/A fanfictions on a daily basis, I watch my DVDs, but I don't want to see an Angel (or Spike) movie. I'm sure Joss would screw it up

I don't think I'll love any other show as much as I loved ATS (except maybe Bones, I'm really into it.)

Sanity? Pfft, what's that?

Last edited by angdelia; 11-19-2005 at 04:37 AM.
angdelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:37 PM   #18
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

How do you "degrand" somebody? Do you just keep telling them over and over that you're not all that, so stop thinking you're grander than the rest of us?

I chose Actively Uninterested, because for the most part I am. If one of the good fic writers has a new story out, I'll read it for sure, but that's about it. I own nearly all of the BtVS/Ats DVD's and I'd say at least 5 of them haven't even had the plastic peeled off. I don't watch the repeats on TNT or FX, nor do I watch Veronica Mars, Bones, How I met Your Mother or Kitchen Confidential.

So why am I still here? I like to stop by and talk to my friends and see all of the new pretty whenever pictures are posted.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:37 PM   #19
sacredgem

I picked 'somewhat invested'. I was almost cold turkey all summer tho not actually by choice. I still watch the reruns but not every episode (watching 'She' once was enough!) and they are on at weird times over here just now, well Ats is anyways and aren't in sequence. Birthday was on last week and then Angel disappeared off the schedule again. I occasionally read fanfic and I suppose am looking forward to the prosepect of getting my box-sets back when I go home for the holidays. So yeah somewhat invested. But then my friend Claire can still get a rise out of me by dissing C/A. Hmm have to work on that one.......
sacredgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:45 AM   #20
argel
beloved cordelia

I'm mostly 'somewhat invested.' I checked out a couple Angel books from the library because I felt like I needed to look for C/A subtext. I missed it.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.

Last edited by argel; 11-17-2005 at 01:47 AM.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:04 AM   #21
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

I chose lamenting, though I'm heading down fast. I don't watch any of the episodes. haven't done for about six months, now. And it's mainly because, I am bitter about the endings. It's coloured my view of the whole CordyVerse, and I just don't to see it any more.

Which is sad.

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:03 PM   #22
LadyJubilee

lament to somewhat

For a long time I was bitterly lamenting....but now I'll put in the DVD once in a while and just pretend the show stopped at season 3. Denial seems to work for me.
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:20 AM   #23
TeSjah
Dutchess of LaLaLand

I chose 'Somewhat invested'.

I was really getting tired of Angel at one moment, but now I am back into the fandom. I'm writing fic again (or attempting to) and I'm reading some occasionally.

When I'm bored I watch my DVDs, but not much. And I don't think I'm going to buy the season 5 set. I've got my eyes on the Dead Like Me and the Lost-boxes. Both funnier and more interesting than season 5.

"Well, it's hard to top taking a dagger to the jugular, but I do what I can," Lilah shrugged.

'Shipping: CordyAngel ~ LilahWesley ~ ReginaHook
TeSjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #24
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

I'm sort of between Eh and Somewhat invested, heavy on the Eh. I'll watch a rerun if I see a good episode, and read a fic if I'm in the mood and I trust the author (I'm a bit of a fic snob). But other than that, I don't see myself as an active part of the fandom anymore.

I'll watch one of the actor's shows if I come across it, but I don't actively follow their careers, anymore. I've sort of moved on, really. I still post here because I like the people and I love the conversation.

I don't know if I'll ever obsess over another show/fandom like I did this one, though. I like L&O, love HP and adore Lost, but I don't see myself jumping into the waters anymore than reading an occassional fic.

ETA:
Quote:
Hardly at all it is just to depressing to see what happend to Angel the show and the character although I do have a fan fic in my mind that I think of every so often that involves Angel beating the crap out of that slut Buffy and degranding her while he is doing it.

I've not the words.

Last edited by AngelsChilde; 11-19-2005 at 11:05 AM.
AngelsChilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #25
Pat

Between the first two.

I don't particularly expect something great coming now but if it does happen, I'll check anything with an ATS tone. I'm not into BTVS really so if a Spike movie comes and it's post ATS with ATS folks, I'll probably check it out.

I don't particularly go into fights about ships but I still read a lot of fan-fics, no matter the author in the C/A realm.
I don't watch re-runs but when the need arise I pop one of the dvd (have them all) and watch the whole disc in one setting.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #26
QueenC4707

I find it ironic that "actively uninterested" is on the list, ya know, cos if one is totally uninterested wouldn't they like, not be at internet boards? I figure anyone who goes to an internet board must have some level of interest...

I chose "somewhat interested." I'm a bit of a newcomer to the AtS fandom, after being a longtime BtVS fan. That's probably the main reason I'm invested as I am. I've kinda dropped out of the BtVS fandom, although I do read fics and watch DVDs from time to time. I just haven't found any new fandoms that captured me the way AtS/BtVS has, except for Firefly/Serenity, and since it's still Joss, I don't really consider it a totally separate fandom. There really isn't that much good FF/Serenity fic and stuff out there (at least, nothing I'm interested in) so AtS is still pretty much my "fallback" fandom when I'm bored and want some good fic to read.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:48 AM   #27
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenC4707
I find it ironic that "actively uninterested" is on the list, ya know, cos if one is totally uninterested wouldn't they like, not be at internet boards? I figure anyone who goes to an internet board must have some level of interest...
Not necessarily. I don't see myself as Interested, per se, but I still come here for the conversation and people. Some of the members here are really great friends of mine, now, and I can't imagine not talking to them just because the series is over.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #28
LaLa247
Wooo!

It's not about the show, it's about the Strangers.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #29
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Bingo
Old 11-20-2005, 11:01 PM   #30
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
It's not about the show, it's about the Strangers.
Yeah. She said it better and used less words.