Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

The Cape

Promo for Summer Glau's new series The Cape can be found here. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but my taste sucks lately.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
Syn
insane clown girl

I'm into it. I'm so into it. It'll get dropped from the schedule like a wad of cash at a strip club, but I'll watch it until then.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
I'm into it. I'm so into it. It'll get dropped from the schedule like a wad of cash at a strip club, but I'll watch it until then.
Hee. Yeah, it doesn't seem like "real network" fare, but hey, NBC stuck with Heroes way past its prime, so maybe they'll do the same again.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
AngryScientist

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed, love me some Summer and her as a kickass blogger/reporter + a superhero element? *hnnnng*
AngryScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
Syn
insane clown girl

Well, the 2-hour premiere was tonight. Anyone else watch it?

I did. And I loved it.....which sucks for me because I still think it'll get canceled. I love this genre, being a not-so-closeted comic book geek. It was entertaining, funny, with great characters, a bit of camp, a bit of darkness, and well....it was just pretty damned good.

So....thoughts?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
AngryScientist

Syn, I agree with you about The Cape. OMFG LOVE your icon Nightwing is love.

Superhero shows have sucked a lot lately, Heroes, Smallville's recent run, etc... Love all the Nolan homages, the circus side of it. And Summer Glau, doh.

What I enjoy the most is that it has a lot of potential and it's actually moving along in two episodes, unlike No Ordinary Family.

Now if we can get more than one season, I'll be happy!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
Syn
insane clown girl

See, I loved Heroes, though it was deeply flawed. Maybe I just couldn't look past my insane Sylar love? LOL And Smallville? I think I would like the show, but I'd have to jump in after Lana Lang leaves because I can't stand Kristen Kreuk, or however you spell that. She's the whole reason I watched about half of season one and tuned out. Could not stand her. I loved hearing about them putting all the Justice League members in there....but I have no idea where to jump in at this point.

I hope the Cape catches on, because I want to know more. I want Orwell's origins and I want weird villains and...I want to have fun watching a show! I love fun shows and this was fun to me.

BTW, Nightwing is my imaginary boyfriend and we are having a torrid affair. LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
AngryScientist

OT: Once Lana leaves Smallville, shit gets real. In the really bad sense of the word. Trust me, I'd take her any day over the stranger bitch that Clark dates after her.

The Cape is deeply flawed but it doesn't take itself seriously, which is super important for me. A self-conscious show which always goes on about how SRS BZNS it is does not get love from me

I want more Orwell and crazy villains too Also, Orwell in disguises! Orwell + tasers = OTP.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

After reading Roush's review in the latest TV Guide, I almost deleted the pilot and ep 2 unwatched. I gave it a try though since I'm sitting at home not driving in this blizzard. It was pretty decent, all things considered. I'm going to give it a full audition. Bear in mind what I said about my tastes lately though.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #10
starlet2367
glitterati

I wanted to like the premiere but I just didn't. Tho I might give it another shot after hearing how much y'all like it. I'll need something to wipe my tears on after Fox cancels my beloved Human Target.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:12 AM   #11
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I imagine the lack of posts here suggests this won't be a real shock, but NBC has cut the episode order for this from 13 to 10, and it's not likely to get renewed. Will Summer Glau never find a lasting series?

For the record, I think it's okay, but it's not going to be something I miss much.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
Syn
insane clown girl

I'm not surprised in the slightest. I knew it would get canceled before it even premiered. I've not seen the last two episodes that have aired, but I plan to. I'll watch the rest of the series, but yeah....not surprised at all.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #13
DamnSkippy

I've been watching them when I can get around to them, but it's become more of a chore than a pleasure. So, yeah...not too surprised.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #14
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I'm watching it on Hulu and am a few episodes behind (3 as of this week). I'm enjoying it as a fun show. It's okay to have fun shows.

The lead actor looks a lot like someone else to me, but I can't think of that other actor's name right now.

I really like the circus side of things and am having great fun with the character Max and the actor who plays him. I also think Rollo/Martin Klebba are great.

As of the last episode I saw, Dana's law office coworker was trying to make the moves on her. Yeah, buddy, we saw what you did there.

Definitely liking Summer in all her disguises. Plus, I'll be the perv on board and saw, "wow, she's got a nice butt!" I was pleasantly surprised to see in that one aerial scene that she's still got a dancer's butt. I didn't think she'd really been dancing in years. Wasn't the story that she broke/fractured her foot causing her to leave dance?
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 AM   #15
Bryan

Smile Summer Glau Dance Clips

She still keeps up the dancing - mainly I suppose as a way of keeping fit. Here are a variety of video clips from over the years. The first is from 2001 - the year she appeared in "Waiting in the Wings".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M27QBJSjTk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SjPe...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPIs...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Aht...eature=related
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote