Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #166
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Hee! This week's end scene was awesome, with Rick staring in disbelief at Michonne through the prison fence. And it looks like she remembered the baby formula!
Which reminds me; I missed the part where Michonne knew where to go with the formula. How did she know about the prison, and why didn't she jump in to help with Merle if she knows who these people are?

Quote:
I'm so worried for Glenn and Maggie though - I know Merle has a big fan base, but I've never seen the big deal with his character and I'm not looking forward to seeing him mistreat those two.
Yeah, I don't get it either, unless it's just the kind of fad thing, like when the fan club for that random elf dude popped up after LotR was released. But the previews pretty much confirm that Glen and Maggie aren't going to be honored guests in Mayberry.

Quote:
On any other show it wouldn't be a big deal, but with this one they don't pull punches and really might have something awful happen to just about any character, I think.
I like them both, but if the off Glen, there wil be grumbling. I'll still watch, but I'll grumble.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #167
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Which reminds me; I missed the part where Michonne knew where to go with the formula. How did she know about the prison, and why didn't she jump in to help with Merle if she knows who these people are?
Before Merle shows up, I think Maggie mentions something about taking a toy duck, because a baby growing up in a prison should have toys, or something like that. Someone definitely mentions the prison, and I just assumed that once Michonne knew she was looking for a prison in the area, she could figure out the rest.

Quote:
I like them both, but if the off Glen, there wil be grumbling. I'll still watch, but I'll grumble.
Agreed. I didn't think I'd end up liking Maggie, based on the fact that I have hated Lauren Cohan in everything else I've seen her in ("Supernatural", "Chuck"), but she's grown on me. Really, other than Carol (who I still view as a mopey dishrag), I like all of them pretty much, but Rick, Glenn and Herschel are probably my favorites.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Last edited by Platypus; 11-23-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #168
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Someone definitely mentions the prison, and I just assumed that once Michonne knew she was looking for a prison in the area, she could figure out the rest.
As Michonne expositioned last night. Teach me not to pay attention when it looks like nothing's going on.

Quote:
Really, other than Carol (who I still view as a mopey dishrag), I like all of them pretty much, but Rick, Glenn and Herschel are probably my favorites.
Carol went up a couple of notches after surviving her own personal zombie apocalypse. Though I'm floored at the though, Carl is growing on me this season too. Might be that he took the first shot to save Michonne.

As for last episode, the fire in which the Governor needs to die cannot be too hot, and Merle needs to be there right next to him. But Merle's days can probably be numbered only to the point where the Governor sees that Michonne is not quite as dead as Merle led him to believe.

Also, Glenn is a machine. You get on with your bad self, Glenn.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #169
Platypus
The Pointy End

Finally had a chance to see the episode today - quite disturbing, but certainly not a letdown in quality as per the rest of the season. Poor Glenn - but yes, he certainly reminded us all that he's capable of some serious bad-assery. And great work from LC as Maggie - her fear was palpable.

Still a little too much one-note glowering from your girlfriend, Terry, but at least she remembered to use her words this week. I've seen the actress speak in the "behind the scenes" segments on amctv.com and she's quite delightful, so I can only assume that she's being directed to maintain the sullen, silent, no-emotion-but-perpetual-rage character that is being presented on-screen.

I'm both excited for this week's mid-season finale, and somewhat depressed that it will be months before the show is back!

Old 11-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #170
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Still a little too much one-note glowering from your girlfriend, Terry, but at least she remembered to use her words this week. I've seen the actress speak in the "behind the scenes" segments on amctv.com and she's quite delightful, so I can only assume that she's being directed to maintain the sullen, silent, no-emotion-but-perpetual-rage character that is being presented on-screen.
It's hard to be chipper when you have a bullet in your leg and this guy is just standing there staring at you while the surrounding zombies are starting to clue in that one among them is actually, you know, alive. And bleeding. But she is a problem-solver, so I let it go.

I've seen her too, and it is odd that they keep her so reigned in.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #171
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I do not understand why Rick is so ferociously mad at Michonne. I do not understand how that group survived so long with a woman whose only skill seemed to be screaming at unbelievably high volume. I did like Carl's take-charge moment. (Rick may want to consider abdicating in favor of Carl.) And I most fervently hope this doesn't mean we get Merle back as a Team Rick member. I am, however, happy to see him die saving Daryl. I think they laid on the "fear the terrorists" schtick on a bit thick, but it's not like I approve of the current rule by fear philosophy either.

And now we wait.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #172
DamnSkippy

Quote:
I do not understand why Rick is so ferociously mad at Michonne.
She left them in the middle of their rescue mission and Daryl is now missing. I'm sure Rick thinks they needed all the weapons they had to get out of there alive. He must see Michonne as betraying them and probably the reason one man is dead and Daryl's gone. So, I can understand why the rage at her. Plus, he's still a little bit crazy.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #173
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Quote:
And now we wait.
I'm getting tired of this waiting thing. =(

Also, why is Andrea still in Woodbury? The man has walker heads in aquariums and was keeping his walker daughter chained up. Time to move the fuck on, woman.

Also also, it seems as if they are killing a black guy as soon as a new black guy comes on the scene. Is it that hard for the writers to have more than one at a time? Seriously? It's not like there's an overabundance. =/

Also also also, it's been three seasons and three little blonde white girls have died. The little girl on the highway in season 1, Sophia in season 2, and now Penny.

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #174
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Plus, he's still a little bit crazy.
This is the only real explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Melange View Post
I'm getting tired of this waiting thing. =(

Also, why is Andrea still in Woodbury? The man has walker heads in aquariums and was keeping his walker daughter chained up. Time to move the fuck on, woman.
I guess between the safe place and all the sweet sweet GovLuv, Andrea thinks she's home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Melange View Post
Also also, it seems as if they are killing a black guy as soon as a new black guy comes on the scene. Is it that hard for the writers to have more than one at a time? Seriously? It's not like there's an overabundance. =/

Also also also, it's been three seasons and three little blonde white girls have died. The little girl on the highway in season 1, Sophia in season 2, and now Penny.
Maybe killing off little blonde girls is their equality for killing off the black guy?
Old 12-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #175
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Good news, bad news. The series is renewed for a fourth season, but Mazzara is leaving.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #176
Platypus
The Pointy End

Maureen Ryan's take is here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mauree...=Entertainment

It really does seem like a silly move when the show has improved so much under Mazzara, BOTH in quality and ratings, and I can't remember any time any show was improved by too much network meddling ("creative differences"), but of course time will tell.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #177
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I know AMC needs to pay its bills, and I am aware that even more people would be out of work if AMC closed shop, but their interference in Emmy-bait high viewership shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead seems counterproductive. You'd think. or I would anyway, that having these quality shows would enable them to ask for higher cable fees and increase ad revenue. But I never ran a cable network, so what do I know?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #178
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Its like they are trying to destroy the show! I'm surprised they didn't cut the budget again.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #179
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

That speech has to have doubled the number of words Michonne has spoken all season.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #180
DamnSkippy

Quote:
That speech has to have doubled the number of words Michonne has spoken all season.
That and I'm kinda disappointed in her. I didn't think she was petty. I thought she was uber savvy about the governor and hurt, yes, that Andrea chose to stay. But I never thought she wanted to hurt Andrea with the revenge. I always thought her goal was to get the governor or, at least, show everyone including Andrea what a lying fraud he was. I'm kinda sad she's just human.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote