Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Livvie
nutcase

"House of Bones": New CC Sci-Fi Channel Movie

Has anyone heard anything about this? When I checked imdb.com it said it was in production but there was no cast list.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/ch...rs-house-bones

From that site:

I've never been much of a fan of all those ghost hunting shows but if more ghost hunters looked like Charisma Carpenter I might start tuning in. Until that day arrives I'll have to settle for House of Bones, in which the former "Buffy"/"Angel"/"Charmed"/"Veronica Mars" starlet will play a ghost hunter getting more than she bargained for.

Corin Nemec (Mansquito, SS Doomtrooper) co-stars alongside Carpenter as TV ghost hunters that enter a reportedly haunted house that may prove to be the death of them. Produced by Leigh Scott (Transmorphers), Griff Furst (100 Million BC), and Ken Badish (Showdown at Area 51) under the Louisiana-based Bullet Films banner, directing duties for this paranormal scarefest fall to Jeffrey Lando, he of Decoys 2 and Insecticidal fame.

Look for House of Bones to premiere on the Sci-Fi Channel sometime in 2009.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
tojoson

I hope it's true, she could use the work. Ten minutes of airtime on one series just won't cut it.

Even though it sounds like a low budget movie, what the hell, it's exposure. I'm sure she'll shine in the part.

I'll watch.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Well, that's cool I guess. The bad thing with Sci-Fi is that they produce amazing mini-series (IMO) Tin Man; Dune even Battle Star Gallactica but when it comes to TV Movies they're usually pretty cheap.

The movie does sound pretty cool though, and I've adored Corin Nemec sice the old Parker Lewis Can't Lose days; even if I did hate Jonas Quinn on SG-1.

Thanks for the news.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Sweet!! This is exciting news. Can't wait to see her. It's been a while.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Bryan

I don't have Sci-Fi Channel - do these films go to DVD?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
nodakskip

Did a search and found this.

Horror movie being filmed at Holland home
By Howell Dennis
NEWS EDITOR

CROWLEY – “We really love shooting here in Crowley,” said Bullet Films production coordinator Laura Hill. “The old homes in your historic district make for wonderful movie sets.”

The landmark home of Dr. Michael Holland, which is currently under construction, is being used as the set for a movie tentatively titled “House of Bones”, which is about a haunted house. The film will air on the Sci-Fi channel once it is complete.

This is the second film Bullet Films production to be filmed in Crowley during the past year. The Grand Opera House of the South was used for the production of a werewolf movie that is currently having the finishing touches put on it before it is aired.

“The Holland’s are currently staying at another home and they were nice enough to let us use theirs,” said Diana McCormick, also a production coordinator. “This home is just a perfect setting for a haunted house.”

The movie is being directed by Jefferey Lando who also wrote the film along with Leigh Scott and Griff Furst. Shooting on the film is expected to continue until December 20.

Bullet Films is based in Lafayette.

http://www.crowleytoday.com/node/17092
Old 12-15-2008, 04:44 AM   #7
nodakskip

Found this, from a french site but dont think the translating is working right. Anyone speak french?

http://www.scifi-universe.com/actual...s-fantomes.htm

This is a new that will delight fans of beautiful plants. Charisma Carpenter will indeed interpret the lead role, that of a ghost hunter in House of Bones.
Accompanied by Corin Nemec, it will explore for a string of television a house with a reputation for being haunted.

The film is produced by Leigh Scott, Griff Furst and Ken Badish on behalf of Bullet Films. The most sympathetic of history (and more that I hope to see early Held Charisma) is that the film will be directed by the eccentric Jeffrey Lando, the author of Decoys and Insecticidal, two very funny series B.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #8
nodakskip

Found this, from a french site but dont think the translating is working right. Anyone speak french?

This is a new that will delight fans of beautiful plants. Charisma Carpenter will indeed interpret the lead role, that of a ghost hunter in House of Bones.
Accompanied by Corin Nemec, it will explore for a string of television a house with a reputation for being haunted.

The film is produced by Leigh Scott, Griff Furst and Ken Badish on behalf of Bullet Films. The most sympathetic of history (and more that I hope to see early Held Charisma) is that the film will be directed by the eccentric Jeffrey Lando, the author of Decoys and Insecticidal, two very funny series B.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:14 AM   #9
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post

Voilà une nouvelle qui va ravir les amateurs de belles plantes. Charisma Carpenter va en effet interpréter le rôle principal, celui d'un chasseur de fantômes, dans House of Bones.
En compagnie de Corin Nemec, elle va explorer pour le compte d'une chaine de télévision une maison ayant la réputation d'être hantée.

Le film est produit par Leigh Scott, Griff Furst et Ken Badish pour le compte de Bullet Films. Le plus sympathique de l'histoire (en plus que j'espère y voir Charisma en petite tenue) est que le film sera réalisé par ce farfelu de Jeffrey Lando, l'auteur de Decoys et Insecticidal, deux très amusantes séries B.

en petite tenue = scantily dressed!!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #10
Bryan

Smile

OK - here's my best attempt at translation!!

Here's news that will delight fans of beautiful women. Charisma Carpenter has the lead role in "House of Bones".

Accompanied by Corin Nemec, she will investigate, for a television station(network?), a house with the reputation of being haunted.

[he] likes the previous work of the the eccentric director (Jeffrey Lando) and was very amused by his two works: "Decoys" and "Insecticidal".

And he hopes to to see Charisma without many clothes!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #11
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Talk about your good news/bad news deals.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #12
samsmom

I really hope that article misinterpreted some things in their reporting.

Otherwise?

Oy.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #13
Bryan

I think some of you are misunderstanding - the second part of the article is the writers opinion/hope.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/ch...rs-house-bones

From that site:

Corin Nemec (Mansquito, SS Doomtrooper) co-stars alongside Carpenter as TV ghost hunters that enter a reportedly haunted house that may prove to be the death of them.
It can't be fun as an actor to have your name followed in print by "(Mansquito, SS Doomtrooper)"

At any rate, these kinds of films can sometimes be fun, so I'll keep an eye out for it.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
eric_rhapsody04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Voilà une nouvelle qui va ravir les amateurs de belles plantes. Charisma Carpenter va en effet interpréter le rôle principal, celui d'un chasseur de fantômes, dans House of Bones.
En compagnie de Corin Nemec, elle va explorer pour le compte d'une chaine de télévision une maison ayant la réputation d'être hantée.

Le film est produit par Leigh Scott, Griff Furst et Ken Badish pour le compte de Bullet Films. Le plus sympathique de l'histoire (en plus que j'espère y voir Charisma en petite tenue) est que le film sera réalisé par ce farfelu de Jeffrey Lando, l'auteur de Decoys et Insecticidal, deux très amusantes séries B.

en petite tenue = scantily dressed!!

Oh mon dieu je comprends enfin !!!! LOL

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Oh my god i understand !! lol

eric_rhapsody04 is offline   Reply With Quote