Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #31
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I suggest that we don't speculate as to why their marriage has split up.
I'll go even further and insist that we don't. No, really. (Jean-Vic, I'm looking straight at you. Knock it off, dude. You don't want to call my bluff, and you're on your second strike as it is.)
Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 PM   #32
chatty

I'm always saddened to hear of a loving relationship ending. It's never easy for any one involved, regardless of the situation. My bro and sis-in-law spent a few years on the brink of divorce and those were hard times for them and their kids. But their time apart gave them a chance to grow and reconnect and they managed to pull a true marriage out of it. I really hope CC and her hubby are able to do the same. At the very least, I hope the separation allows them whatever they both need to be happy, whether it's together or apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Ah, I tend to avoid all kinds of gossip rags, unless they're talking about how crazy Tom Cruise is then I just sit back and laugh. (sorry TC fans).
Hee hee! I love me some crazy TC stories. Does a body good.
chatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #33
tojoson

Wow, this even brought Shalazar out of hiding. He says there's no real confirmation, but he's going to look into it.

The way Shalazar wrote his post, he's not familiar with that representative, Jeff Raymond.

All the blogs DO only quote the one source, (People).

I haven't seen any other articles about it, but it did make Zap2it, and even
The Himalayan Times.

But you would think that if it wasn't true, there would be some denials by now.

By the way, Shalazar must have fixed his site. It's loading about 10 times faster now
Old 11-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #34
tootyfnfruity

I hope everything works out for the best for CC, Damien and Donavan

tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #35
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
I haven't seen any other articles about it, but it did make Zap2it, and even The Himalayan Times.
I'm not familiar with it so forgive my naiviete - but is the Himalayan Times actually a newspaper for people who live in the mountains?!

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #36
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I'm not familiar with it so forgive my naiviete - but is the Himalayan Times actually a newspaper for people who live in the mountains?!
Maybe it's a paper for pretentious cats?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #37
tojoson

chuckle

No, it's an English language newspaper in Nepal,

http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/index.asp

but apparently they don't have archives, at least any that I could find, the story's already gone. I just wanted to show how far it had spread.

I picked it up from a blog alert.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #38
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Awesome; Nepalese sporting news:

Quote:
Kolkata, November 30: Wasim Jaffer closed in on his second double-century as India exposed Pakistan’s bowling limitations to reach 352-3 on the opening day of the second Test today.
And people whine about the Patriots scoring too much.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #39
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
...but apparently they don't have archives, at least any that I could find, the story's already gone.
Found it!

http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/Guf...eDate=20071129

Not anything we've not read before... I just wanted to show off!

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #40
Shalazar
Charisma Guru

Sorry guys, I've been very negligent and inattentive for quite some time given the general lull of activity. As for the site slowdowns, it was due to some ad code that had gone bad, so I just stripped it all out. Things should be back to normal.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:09 PM   #41
nodakskip

I was thinking of the part where it says they were already living separately. There was an interview I recall with CC when she was shooting Veronica Mars. She was taking the interview on the phone and when asked about travel time to the location she said "I just called and asked my husband if I could have my son for one more day."

I dont recall the exact wording of it, but that could mean they were separated then. Because I am a guy who grew up going to one parents place or the other a lot.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #42
jerry

This is somewhat disappointing, but not really surprising. Celebrities almost never stay married, and couples where the woman is the bigger star (or in this case, the only star) tend to fare especially badly. Hopefully it will work out for the best for everyone in the long run.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #43
rainy

'Hollywood' just has to be the nastiest climate for relationships/ marriages. But it can be done. I have two names for you -- Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. 50 years in 2008.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #44
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I'd like to go back and agree with what someone else (PC?) wrote... CC and D have a history of being together, breaking up, getting back together, etc. It's her personal life, and not for our eyes no matter how giving to her fans she is. But... even from something so personal, there does seem to have been that pattern obvious to us on the outside.

So I'll just hope for her that this is just a bump in the road and that everything will turn itself to rights. My personal version of "to rights" is to stay married, but as others have said... it doesn't work like that for everyone.

You know, celebrity is a really weird thing. I have a friend who is a musician in a band that is very well-known in Australia and New Zealand. I started life as just a fan, and have since become a personal friend. We're on rocky ground lately, or it feels so to me, and whatever personal problems I have with him are exactly that. Personal problems. I wouldn't post about them on his band's web forums since those are supposed to be about his professional work. I couldn't stand for anyone to disrespect what he does musically since he's absolutely amazing. One person, yes, but separate realms of conduct.

So, yes, this was a tangental rant, but being that I'm struggling with something that is deeply important to me that involves the difference between professional and private lives, I just feel more for Charisma's situation. Shortly put, there's stuff we don't know and for the most part are better off not knowing, either.

And that FWD that was mentioned... uh... "Flirting with Disaster"?
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #45
rolandro

Marriages are complicated, and even the best of them can end in divorce. Mine was excellent, and it ended up that way. I’m glad it did; my ex and I are best friends who still are there to offer advice to one another, and there to call bullshit when needed. But when we were married, we each felt like we were slowly dying and our fear was that we would end up resenting each other for that. Sometimes you need to end something to save something more important. This could be one of those times.

We all say that it’s ‘Hollywood’ and she’s a ‘Celebrity’ but look around at all the divorced people we know in our personal lives. It happens all the time, it just doesn’t end up in People or chatted about in the chatty rooms on the internet.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote