Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2007, 01:17 PM   #46
Temujin
Universal Ruler

Maybe its usually deemed too risky. Be it limited experience and/or name recognition?
" The horse thief shall be killed. The sentry that is negligent shall be killed. The arrow messenger that becomes drunk shall be killed. The man who appropriates loot for himself shall be killed. The leader who is incompetent shall be killed".-Genghis Khan
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #47
DamnSkippy

Here's an interview with Vartan at TV Guide.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/070927-03

CC gets a glancing mention at the end. I like Vartan's view, sort of, but I do hope they're taking *some* of the criticism seriously and making it more viewer friendly. I mean the guy doesn't sound like he really cares if he has a job or not.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #48
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I thought most of the critcism on the show was about the writing, not the characters actions? That is to say, that they're unlikable to do "bad" things. Because I have to wonder if having an affiar makes the character unlikeable how the heck does Desperate Housewives get away with it.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #49
Platypus
The Pointy End

Just FYI, I read on tvguide.com that CC's debut episode on this show has been pushed back from November 1, 2007 to November 8, 2007.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:49 AM   #50
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Just FYI, I read on tvguide.com that CC's debut episode on this show has been pushed back from November 1, 2007 to November 8, 2007.
Thanks for that. I had noticed that the current synopsis up for November 1 -- the de facto Episode 6 -- actually seemed to track with what had been described as Episode 7. Looks as if CC's first episode will be called "Who's Your Daddy?"

For what it's worth, the new November 1 episode, "Car Trouble," does mark the first appearance of Elisabeth Röhm.

ETA: Actually, the My Take column says CC's first appearance is now Episode 8, so that will be more like November 15. No title yet for that one. My bad!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #51
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Thanks for that. I had noticed that the current synopsis up for November 1 -- the de facto Episode 6 -- actually seemed to track with what had been described as Episode 7. Looks as if CC's first episode will be called "Who's Your Daddy?"

For what it's worth, the new November 1 episode, "Car Trouble," does mark the first appearance of Elisabeth Röhm.

ETA: Actually, the My Take column says CC's first appearance is now Episode 8, so that will be more like November 15. No title yet for that one. My bad!
Actually, it's my bad. I misread "Episode 8" for November 8th.

BUT..... the good news in the interim is that when I went back to re-read the bit, it had a date for her appearance on "Back to You". Her episode for that show will air November 7th, 2007, which is, like, only 3 weeks away!

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #52
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Actually, it's my bad. I misread "Episode 8" for November 8th.

BUT..... the good news in the interim is that when I went back to re-read the bit, it had a date for her appearance on "Back to You". Her episode for that show will air November 7th, 2007, which is, like, only 3 weeks away!
Cool, I was trying to figure out when she'd be on that show. Can't wait, thanks Platy!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #53
tojoson

From the Futon Critic

The title of CC's episode

11/8/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#107) Who's Your Daddy?

11/15/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#108) The Way We Weren't

Notice the start time the previous week, so set your tivo's or VCR's to pick up the overtime or you'll miss any previews.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #54
eric_rhapsody04

thank you

what's her name in big shots ?

eric_rhapsody04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #55
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

We don't yet know who CC plays in Big Shots, but the even money is on her playing Janelle Johns, the wife of Brody (Christopher Titus).

Big-ass spoiler time: I found a link to some casting sides for CC's first episode... --->and it's almost certain that not only is CC indeed playing Janelle, but that Janelle and Brody have a far, far more interesting relationship than the show has previously let on. This could be seriously good. Unless it's not!<---
Old 10-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #56
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

You're such a tease. I can't wait for CC to be on Big Shots, I hope she does play Janelle, CC and Titus in the same scene would make the show for me.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM   #57
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I hope she does play Janelle, CC and Titus in the same scene would make the show for me.
Hell, if the show ends up doing a faceplant, it just means CC and Titus can go have their own sitcom together. Win-win.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #58
DamnSkippy

Quote:
We don't yet know who CC plays in Big Shots, but the even money is on her playing Janelle Johns, the wife of Brody (Christopher Titus).

Big-ass spoiler time: I found a link to some casting sides for CC's first episode...
Okay, that was weird. Do you think---->Brody and Janelle are just doing some kinky roll playing or (and please let it *not* be this) is it the evil twin thing? I suppose it could be Janelle dressed in such a good disguise Brody wouldn't know her, but that's a stretch I think. In any case, it looks like she'll have more than a few lines in the episode.<------
Old 10-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #59
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Okay, that was weird. Do you think---->Brody and Janelle are just doing some kinky roll playing or (and please let it *not* be this) is it the evil twin thing? I suppose it could be Janelle dressed in such a good disguise Brody wouldn't know her, but that's a stretch I think. In any case, it looks like she'll have more than a few lines in the episode.<------
My vote is none of the above, primarily for this reason... --->Brody's line in the third episode about how Janelle "has intelligence-gathering capabilities the CIA would envy." Yeah, it was supposed to be a commentary on how controlling she is, but it seemed like a dropped shoe to me. My first guess is that she actually doubles as one of Brody's "professional assets" -- an investigator who uses a number of identities and has a sort of perfect cover as his nagging wife (and presumably nothing more). In that scenario, the "Heather" scene might have been a role-play for the benefit, or warning, of someone else. The second guess...maybe she actually works for the CIA! It could be interesting if they did a Wilson/Plame storyline within the show. Or their own version of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," which might have been tolerable as a series if CC had been cast....<---
Old 10-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #60
DamnSkippy

Quote:
My vote is none of the above, primarily for this reason...
You know, I'm so not into this show that I don't even know what half of these people do for a living. So it doesn't surpise me that I have missed any and all shoes that have been dropped. I hope you're right. I'd love for her character to be much more complicated than any of the rest of them. And since they've waited so long to show her and amped up the curiosity, it makes sense she would be more than a simple trophy wife.