Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
Kika
An Endless Repetition

TV Guide Insider Interview with Charisma

Charisma Carpenter: From Mars to Paradise Island?

ETA - I should mention that although nothing too big is given away, the first few questions do address what's coming up for Kendall on VM.

Last edited by Kika; 03-14-2006 at 07:56 AM.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
Holy cats, girl! Naughty, naughty! And although I knew she wanted WW I had no idea she was pursuing it so aggressively-saying her fingers and toes are crossed and she's praying in TV Guide is pretty upfront.

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Interesting interview, thanks for sharing. I hope this makes the VM Strangers happy, I know many weren't thrilled with CC's character development, or lack there of.

I doubt she'll get WW and given the fact that most, if not all, of the Female Comic Book Hero movies have bombed I'm not so sure that's a bad thing.

Best of luck to her in whatever she gets, if it's WW or a TV show of her own.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
Platypus
The Pointy End

Thanks Kika!

I'm completely "meh" on the Wonder Woman thing, so mostly I'm just excited that it sounds as though she's at least in the thick of things, auditioning for pilots. (I'm reading between the lines, but I think that's the implication - "working my ass off" and "I'll know in a month or so"). Here's to hoping something works out for her!

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
...I know many weren't thrilled with CC's character development, or lack there of.
Smacks of midseason change of plans to me. But I don't want to be accused of whining...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I doubt she'll get WW and given the fact that most, if not all, of the Female Comic Book Hero movies have bombed I'm not so sure that's a bad thing.
If Whedon wrote it as Wonder Adolescent Female as he claims to have done, CC is right out. But like others, I was always in the 'whatever' camp about her playing Wonder Woman.

Anyway, here's hoping something good comes along for her.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
tojoson

TVGuide.com: Don't tease an old man. What else do you have going on?
Carpenter: I have three more episodes of Veronica Mars to shoot and it's pilot season, so I'm working my ass off to get a regular job. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll find out if I have one or not. If not, I'll have another baby or...

3 more episodes to shoot???,
i wonder if that's in addition to the 2 episodes we already knew about
(she should be finished with those, because without all the schedule changes, those episodes would have been broadcast by now.)
Old 03-14-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Oooo! Very nice!

So there's more in store for Kendall on VM, huh. Well I guess half of us saw it coming, and half didn't. As for the WW thing, if she does get the part (which is very unlikely) I'd be happy, but if she doesn't get the role there are plenty of other roles and parts that CC can do.

Eee! I'm excited. Thanks for the link Kikia.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Great interview . Can't wait to see CC in some more VM episodes.

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Here's the part of the interview I want answered:

Quote:
TVGuide.com: Well, save for a Q&A excerpt I stumbled across during research. You told Playboy that you once had sex at an Oscars party?
Carpenter: I said that?! Oh my god, I can't believe I said that on a public level.
TVGuide.com: Does the outside prospect of doing "that" become a factor when choosing a dress for the Oscars?
Carpenter: That's a very witty question, but the answer is no — you just make it work!
So who did she have sex with at the Oscars.

On a somewhat serious note, I was wondering why she is now charging for autographs:

Quote:
TVGuide.com: Speaking of Joss, you're sort of known as the Buffy-verse alum who doesn't charge for autographs at conventions....
Carpenter: I just think it's wrong to charge — it feels sleazy and desperate. The only reason I would charge now is because there are [disadvantaged] kids who need assistance. I'm doing a convention [Wizard World Los Angeles] on March 18, and in this case I am charging, but everything is going to charity. So my fans will be helping out a very special kid, a 9-year-old quadriplegic who needs a specially equipped van. If I can exploit myself in a way that helps others, I'll do that.

TVGuide.com: So to everyone reading this: Go to the convention, get an autograph from Charisma and help that kid get a van.
Carpenter: Yeah!
Great interview. TVGuide always treat her right!!!!

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #10
baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow4Corangela
Oooo! Very nice!

So there's more in store for Kendall on VM, huh. Well I guess half of us saw it coming, and half didn't. As for the WW thing, if she does get the part (which is very unlikely) I'd be happy, but if she doesn't get the role there are plenty of other roles and parts that CC can do.

Eee! I'm excited. Thanks for the link Kikia.
I would like it if she got the role! I honestly didn´t know she actualy wanted it that much, I mean every actress wants a paying gig, but I guess Charisma really wants that role and I hope she gets it!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface
On a somewhat serious note, I was wondering why she is now charging for autographs:
That's part of the reason. Also, you need to remember, she does signings now, not conventions. At signing you have to charge or the showrunners make no dosh. At cons though, it's fair game cos they get their money elsewhere.

Nice to know she's doing something good with it though.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:48 PM   #12
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba
I would like it if she got the role! I honestly didn´t know she actualy wanted it that much, I mean every actress wants a paying gig, but I guess Charisma really wants that role and I hope she gets it!
I actually didn't know she wanted the role that bad either. She's perfect fot it, I been voting for her to be cast. Seeing her body in that suit.....is perfect

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:06 PM   #13
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
My character's IQ is about to jump up about 50 points, did he tell you that? Things are about to become very clear.
Thank God. She probably got Veronica's IQ points.
Quote:
TVGuide.com: What, has Kendall been putting on some sort of act?
Carpenter: [Coyly] I guess.... Rob likened her to Annette Bening in The Grifters, which as you know is an amazing role.
So Kendall's a con artist. Make it good, RT, make it good...

I do think CC needs to let WW go. Unless someone better is directing it, she should just let it go. Joss is making Willow: The Movie.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #14
tojoson

Quote:
there are plenty of other roles and parts that CC can do.

i just heard they are looking to cast someone in the role of Pam Ewing in the new 'Dallas' movie

they already thinking of John Travolta as JR
J-Lp as Sue Ellen
Luke Wilson as Bobby
Shirley McClain as Miss Ellie

i think CC would make a great Pam
Old 03-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #15
Lucid

thanks for the link to the interview, she's just great, so down to earth
Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote