Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #61
LaLa247
Wooo!

A small nitpick: the movie was called Flirting With Danger, except there was little flirting to be had. Screwing with Danger or Humping Danger Silly would've been more like it.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #62
Livvie
nutcase

Sadly, I've watched a lot of these Lifetime/Oxygen type movies. Not out of want but out of duress.

They are all the same. The story gets wrapped up in the last ten minutes and leave you going "jeeze, that was rushed". They always spend too much time on stupid things and the editing is always horrible, jumping around. They always go for the "omfg!" twist at the end that feels forced.

No different here. And the same thing that Penny brought up that is in all of them. All men want frigid controlling women! Grrr!

The only saving grace was getting to see CC. And getting to see CC barely clothed...a lot. Even for cable, it was pretty hot. She was the one shining star in an otherwise dreary sky.

To be honest, as long as she is in SOMETHING and staying in the public eye, that is all that really matters. Even if the part isn't as great as we would like it to be.
Livvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #63
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie
To be honest, as long as she is in SOMETHING and staying in the public eye, that is all that really matters. Even if the part isn't as great as we would like it to be.
I didn't make it. I started watching the movie, but everything annoyed me. The hero annoyed me. The pal annoyed me. The plot annoyed me. And I decided to stop watching before even CC annoyed me.

And, as a greedy fan, I'd much rather CC hold off for something really good and/or entertaining that I will just out and out love watching...and that I know will look great on her resume. But this is her job, she has to put food on the table, and it is important for her to stay in the public eye. So, the unselfish fan in me will support any choices she makes, knowing they will lead to bigger and better things.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #64
CordyAngelSeer

Damn it! I missed FWD, stupid Olympics... I totally forgot it was on, so does anyone know when it will be on again so I can Tivo it? Thanks
CordyAngelSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #65
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

fri. feb. 24th @3pm
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #66
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordyAngelSeer
Damn it! I missed FWD, stupid Olympics... I totally forgot it was on, so does anyone know when it will be on again so I can Tivo it? Thanks
Um, if you have TiVo, you can just enter the name "Flirting With Danger," and if it's in the next 2 weeks, TiVo should find it. You don't have to set a TiVo like those old VCRs, thnak goodness.

Other DVRs may not have TiVo's sophistication, so YMMV.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #67
v120176

Is there any place to check the rating for this? Just curious
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:09 PM   #68
Livvie
nutcase

Usually Zap2It will post weekly ratings. Since this week isn't over, they don't have them done yet.

Bad news though, since it was on Lifetime, its under the cable ratings. They haven't updated those since Feb. 5th. I am sure if we start emailing the webmaster, they will update the cable ratings.

Cable Ratings on Zap2It
Livvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #69
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Does anyone here planning to make vidcaps of the movie?

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:47 AM   #70
Emmangel
Administrator

Would anyone be willing to burn a copy of this movie to disk, or upload a HQ version for me to see?

I'd love to do caps for my site etc, but living in the UK, I have no way to see it.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:36 AM   #71
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue
I didn't make it. I started watching the movie, but everything annoyed me. The hero annoyed me. The pal annoyed me. The plot annoyed me. And I decided to stop watching before even CC annoyed me.

And, as a greedy fan, I'd much rather CC hold off for something really good and/or entertaining that I will just out and out love watching...and that I know will look great on her resume. But this is her job, she has to put food on the table, and it is important for her to stay in the public eye. So, the unselfish fan in me will support any choices she makes, knowing they will lead to bigger and better things.
Amen. I started it and just couldn't stick it out. It was not my thing and that's after a lifetime of Harliquins and Nora Roberts. You'd think I'd have a stronger constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
A small nitpick: the movie was called Flirting With Danger, except there was little flirting to be had. Screwing with Danger or Humping Danger Silly would've been more like it.
If it had been titled Humping Danger Silly I would have been infinitely more likely to stick with it. Bwah!

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #72
MissWera

I hope Flirting with danger airs in Finland......
MissWera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #73
Temujin
Universal Ruler

I watched this, and she played the part for what it was. Being a loyalist, I'm at least happy that she's still finding work. It's been said before that this is a job and a business. You take what you can get.
" The horse thief shall be killed. The sentry that is negligent shall be killed. The arrow messenger that becomes drunk shall be killed. The man who appropriates loot for himself shall be killed. The leader who is incompetent shall be killed".-Genghis Khan
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #74
baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temujin
I watched this, and she played the part for what it was. Being a loyalist, I'm at least happy that she's still finding work. It's been said before that this is a job and a business. You take what you can get.
I havenīt watched the movie yet, so I canīt really form an educated opinion, but the worst case scenario would be that I find the movie bad like some other people have found it to be, but the again one has to consider that she is an actress who has to make sure that she stays in the public eye and also provides food on the table, and you canīt do that by sitting at home! You have to take what you can get, at least until you are in the position where you can chose the kind of work you want to do! And in the end, if Charisma C. thinks she did her best, than thatīs all anybody can ask for! After all, she is the one doing the actual work and not us! So even if the movie didnīt hit it with the viewers the way it should have, she has at least one thing going for her; she is still out there, and eventually better material will come up!

Last edited by baba; 02-18-2006 at 04:51 PM.
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #75
Temujin
Universal Ruler

My apologies if I offended.
" The horse thief shall be killed. The sentry that is negligent shall be killed. The arrow messenger that becomes drunk shall be killed. The man who appropriates loot for himself shall be killed. The leader who is incompetent shall be killed".-Genghis Khan
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote