Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2005, 10:48 PM   #61
tojoson

Shalazar has updated his intro page at C-C.com with news of the movie, but his e-mail update is a little more informative,
it states that CC has finished shooting, and was given co-star billing
Old 05-24-2005, 06:44 AM   #62
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Oh so it's done shooting? Then the comments about Cannes would be an actual showing rather than a preview/trailer type thing. That's very interesting. Thanks for the update.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:13 AM   #63
rousedower
cancelled

Is the film done shooting, or is Charisma done shooting her part?
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #64
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Oooh, exciting! Probably wont ever get to see it but hey - exciting! Do we know when it shows? It isn't up at IMDB yet...

Thanks for the info! It's been too long since some good news about her career.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:52 PM   #65
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
Is the film done shooting, or is Charisma done shooting her part?
From the e-mail I got he was referring to Charisma only, I think.

Last edited by Morrigan; 05-24-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:42 PM   #66
v120176

This has nothing to do with the movie, but

I went to CC.com and they also announced the Convention where CC will be a guest... And it's great seeing her picture in the same line as Val Kilmer (I drooled all my shirt when I saw Batman) and also people like Kate Mulgrew and Ron Perlman...
here's the official site of the Convention: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:52 AM   #67
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Oh whoever goes needs to grope Adrian Paul for me, he is so freaking hot. Now if only Peter Wingfield was there, it could be a Highlander hottie fest!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:23 AM   #68
motivational speaker

Oh wow. Nina and Mason from 24 are there ..
motivational speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:19 PM   #69
tojoson

i was just browsing around the web, and came across a book at amazon.com titled 'Voodoo Mood' by edward gorman (not the one connected to Charmed), here is a synopsis

Quote:

From Booklist
Twenty-five years ago, in a small Iowa town, an asylum for the criminally insane burned to the ground, killing inmates and employees. The fire was set by Paul Renard, a sexual psychopath who escaped the blaze and disappeared. Today young Ricky Hennessey faces murder charges in the death of his girlfriend. His defense: Paul Renard did it. Legal investigator Robert Payne joins the case at the request of Tandy West, a cable TV psychic and Payne's former lover. She's doing a piece on the Hennessey case for her show but has begun to question her gift and feels the need for Payne's reality-based investigatory skills. With the assistance of the local police chief, Susan Charles, Payne learns that the past has invaded the future in a most unexpected way. This fourth installment in the Moon series offers an exciting mix of horror and suspense. Another fine novel from the always reliable, underrated Gorman. Wes Lukowsky
CC;s movie sounds like it may be a very loose adaption of this book
Old 05-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #70
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm sorry but how did you make the jump from this:
Quote:
VOODOO MOON takes place in the midwest United States, where a demonc figure murders the entire population of a small town, save for one young boy and his sister. Twenty years later, the boy (Eric Mabius - RESIDENT EVIL, THE L WORD) has been consumed with trying to track the devil down and now he thinks he's found him. His sister (Carpenter) is now an artist who has developed psychic abilities which enable her to sense disaster, visions she expresses in her art. The two siblings work together in fighting the devil, and also get the assistance of several people they have helped over the years.
to this?
Quote:
From Booklist
Twenty-five years ago, in a small Iowa town, an asylum for the criminally insane burned to the ground, killing inmates and employees. The fire was set by Paul Renard, a sexual psychopath who escaped the blaze and disappeared. Today young Ricky Hennessey faces murder charges in the death of his girlfriend. His defense: Paul Renard did it. Legal investigator Robert Payne joins the case at the request of Tandy West, a cable TV psychic and Payne's former lover. She's doing a piece on the Hennessey case for her show but has begun to question her gift and feels the need for Payne's reality-based investigatory skills. With the assistance of the local police chief, Susan Charles, Payne learns that the past has invaded the future in a most unexpected way. This fourth installment in the Moon series offers an exciting mix of horror and suspense. Another fine novel from the always reliable, underrated Gorman. Wes Lukowsky
The only connection I can see is the fact that they both have Voodoo in the title and something happening in a small town somewhere.

I just don't get it.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #71
tojoson

the story is revisited 20-25 years later, the main female is a psychic, they get the local police to help. it takes place in the mid-west

i probably shouldn't have said Based, i should have said 'very loosly INSPIRED', you know, like Batman's catwoman character inspired the Halle Berry movie, and look at Will Smith's 'I Robot'

anyway, i'm not saying it WAS, just it may have been, i see enough coincidence to make it possible
Old 05-29-2005, 09:42 PM   #72
LaLa247
Wooo!

Nah, Tojo, I don't think so.

If we're going by those examples, then Voodoo Moon could be loosely based on Medium...or Boogeyman.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:42 AM   #73
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
anyway, i'm not saying it WAS, just it may have been, i see enough coincidence to make it possible
But that's like saying Star Wars was loosely based or inspired by Star Trek because they both take place in space, both have aliens and both had characters with supernatural abilities (Jedi/Vulcans).
Old 07-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #74
tojoson

IMDB finally has a listing on this movie, listed as 'Voodoo Moon'
no cast list yet, but they do show a release date of
October 31, 2005--Halloween

at least this verifys that this movie has been made,
with the lack of information out there, i was wondering if this was just an unsubstanciated rumor that Fangoria picked up, because all the other articles refered to the Fangoria article, but this sets my mind at ease
Old 07-02-2005, 11:00 PM   #75
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
IMDB finally has a listing on this movie, listed as 'Voodoo Moon'
no cast list yet, but they do show a release date of
October 31, 2005--Halloween

at least this verifys that this movie has been made,
with the lack of information out there, i was wondering if this was just an unsubstanciated rumor that Fangoria picked up, because all the other articles refered to the Fangoria article, but this sets my mind at ease
I thought IMDB was merely a fan operated database. Can't anyone post information on anyone or anything? If so, that doesn't make it any more real, does it?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote