Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2005, 10:49 AM   #46
rolandro

Vaguely applicable to this thread

But I don't know where else to post it. I was talking to Micki, the New Jersey transplant who pulls the odd shift at my local pub. I mentioned that I knew some other people who had moved away from the Garden State and she really reminded me of Karen (Karkar). The subject of the board came up, and then she said that she liked BtVS and that she and Joss Whedon were graduates Wesleyan College. And then, out of the blue she said that she had a friend who knew Charisma Carpenter. This friend worked on Angel (no occupation specified) and the friend told her that Charisma was the nicest, kindest person - the crew favorite. This was cool because all I said is that this was a 'Buffy' board leaving out the whole 'Cordelia' slant, expecting the usual eye-roll when I talk to complete strangers (rather than the known stranger variety). Anyway, Micki went on to say that she used to hate Cordelia until her friend told her about how really NOT Cordelia Charisma was. Then she loved Cordy.

Annoying? I think not.

Last edited by rolandro; 05-30-2005 at 10:51 AM.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:15 PM   #47
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandro
I mentioned that I knew some other people who had moved away from the Garden State and she really reminded me of Karen (Karkar).
Really? Did she try to take off your fingers?

It's always nice to hear about people NOT acting like diva's and realizing that a character isn't an actor. They were saying similiar things re: the VH1 show, "Don't Fear the Reaper," where she specifically introduced her self to the other folks and made a point of learning their names.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:31 PM   #48
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247

LMAO! I fucking LOVE you!

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #49
rolandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
Really? Did she try to take off your fingers?
Doh! You mean by slamming them in the door of her Honda, say? I'd nearly forgotten *shudders.* It's okay Win Ray gave me the best automail money can buy!

Did you get a new car? Seems to me I read this somewheres.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #50
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandro
Did you get a new car? Seems to me I read this somewheres.
New Car and new digs within a month of each other. Very inconveniant but I didn't have a choice on either. I got kicked out of my apartment when they decided to renovate the complex.

Then to kick it off, my car dies 3 days after I get the alternator fixed in the middle of Atl traffic. I luckily coasted into a haute hotel where the valets proceded to yell at me to move my car. To my eternal shame I yelled back for about 10 seconds before breaking down and crying like a girl. And yet it's so nice how men backpedal and bend over for a sobbing female.

Viva la difference!