Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Post-Cordelia role have you enjoyed the most?
Jane (See Jane Date) 26 30.59%
Serena (Miss Match) 26 30.59%
Emma (The Division) 19 22.35%
The Seer (Charmed) 14 16.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2004, 09:35 AM   #1
Platypus
The Pointy End

Life After Cordelia - A New Poll!

We haven't had a new poll in a while, and I don't even have enough interest to answer the ones primarily related to AtS and/or BTVS, so here's a new CC poll. I'm genuinely curious - which of CC's guest roles post-AtS have you enjoyed the most? (I haven't seen the "Division", but I think the character's name was Emma - Penny, if I'm wrong and you'd like to edit the option that would be cool by me.)

Note that I do realize that one of those guest roles was a reprise of Cordelia in "You're Welcome", and I purposely excluded it from this poll. I guess you can just go ahead and call me a "faux" fan. (But really - being a faux fan is all the rage these days - all the kewl kids are doing it!)

So which one was your favourite? And why?

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Last edited by Platypus; 10-12-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
I picked The Division as my answer. It was the best written and, IMO, best performed, role. You owe it to yourself as a tr... Never mind. It's just the best thing I think CC's done, and a stretch for her; all drama, no comedy. Second would be SJD, 'cause starring role. The others were okay in that 'nice to see CC working' kind of way.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

If the poll was which was her best peformance it would have to have been The Division it was outstanding work, IMO.

However, you asked which I enjoyed more and the answer to that is Jane from SJD, I liked the character and she was different enough from Cordy to be refreshing. I enjoyed her scenes with HMC but I don't think the movie in and of itself was the best quality.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:25 AM   #4
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i picked "See Jane Date" because she was in just about every scene. it wasn't Cordy-lite. and she was the "star"
she was great in "the division" totally the opposite of what we've seen from her before and a damn great performance
and the seer and Serena were her just being Cordylike but of course she was great.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:35 AM   #5
Platypus
The Pointy End

If "The Division" airs in Canada, I'll be sure to check the ep out. But having never seen it, I can't really weigh in.

So my vote went for "See Jane Date", but it may change once I get the chance to see the two unaired "Miss Match" episodes later this year. For one thing, I liked the fact that in SJD Charisma's character still retained some wit and snarkiness, but in many ways was the anti-Cordelia. She was the nice girl, not being able to catch a break. I didn't think the movie itself was noteworthy, but it was the performance I enjoyed the most.

Old 10-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #6
ehab
Perpetually Confused

I picked The Division. I was torn between this and the Miss Match role which served up a comedic charcter that Charisma does so well. The Division, on the other hand, was something new for Charisma and for us as well. It was a crime drama and although -> a coma (groan) was involved <-it showed Charisma has acting chops. She did a wonderful job with this role, I really felt her pain. ->There's a wonderful meta-story too, giving her the chance to do what she never did on AtS, act out the the post-coma consequences.<-

I wasn't sure about Division spoilers since some haven't seen it hence the spoiler font.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:43 PM   #7
v120176

It's a difficult choice, because, all this roles were very differents:
1) You have a leading role on a romantic comedy like See Jane Date, who showed that she could have all the weight of a show/movie on her, even when the critics for the movie were bad, all the press said her work was incredible and the only thing worthy on that film.

2) the Miss Match role was funny and she did a great job, not only for her acting but for not falling in "Cordy". I mean, some people said it was an early Cordy role reprise. I didn't find it very similar in character, see how cordy said the things in BTVS and how Serena did it. Serena was more "nice" than cordy not that blunt, like she did the things trying to be nice. Serena hadn't the Queen air that cordy had. I really found them different and that was a great way to show she can play roles with similar characteristics without doing it the same.

3) the division: A great dramatic performance. When all the people was saying she's a great comedy actress, she gave one of her best performance I ever seen in a drama show. These are the roles that are taken seriously by the press or for awards.

4) Charmed: probably the less interesting character, but it's a Spelling show and her episodes had more ratings and the web is noticing this.

Charmed aside, the other three roles were great choices, I really can't decide for one of them.

V.

Last edited by v120176; 10-12-2004 at 12:51 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:01 PM   #8
beckaroo
The Fan

I picked See Jane Date because I was happy to see her in a romantic comedy since that is my favorite kind of movies and she looked amazing.I didn't see her in the division or miss match but I heard she was good.And like others,The seer is basically Cordelia just with longer hair and a bit more evil.
beckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #9
DamnSkippy

I chose "The Division" because she just blew me away. I honestly didn't think she had those kind of dramatic acting chops in her and it just increased my admiration for her. I still love her comedic roles the best because she's just the best comedically, but "The Division" opened my eyes to new possibilities for her.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:42 PM   #10
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckaroo
I picked See Jane Date because I was happy to see her in a romantic comedy since that is my favorite kind of movies and she looked amazing.I didn't see her in the division or miss match but I heard she was good.And like others,The seer is basically Cordelia just with longer hair and a bit more evil.

You can find the videos of The division in buffy.nu . Also one thing I forgot. She looked great in See Jane Date. And she was with her pregnancy weight. Even you can see she was loosing pounds during the film .

That's a proof that she's more than a hot body or boobs and butt, like some people seemed to think. I mean her face is beautifull thin or "fat", but she wasn't in her best form in that movie, even with that you can say she was beautifull and don't care how much weight she won. And THAT in this time when if you don't have a perfect body you're not attractive is very important. Even the reviews or comments that came from sites didn't said "she was fat" like happens with others actress. It's stupid, but I think it's important for an actress who was called the "hottie" star of BTVS/ATS.

V.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:13 PM   #11
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Platypus
I picked "The Seer" only b/c I didn't watch the other three. But if I did watch the other three my feeling is that it would be her appearence on 'The Division'.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:00 PM   #12
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I picked See Jane Date, because she wasn't Cordy at all. She was the lead, and she was good at it. I haven't seen The Division, though my parents have Lifetime on their cable. I could go over and watch if it comes in a rerun (or a rerun of a rerun as the case may be).
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #13
Mab
The orbit of your hips

My vote went to Serena on MM because I didn't like SJD at all and haven't seen the others.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:26 PM   #14
Platypus
The Pointy End

I find it interesting that the votes are spread all around, notwithstanding that SJD seems to be emerging as the fave. I also find it interesting that we've had 56 individual votes in less than 24 hours. It has seemed to me lately that this forum was languishing a bit because we haven't had that much news about CC appearances, but I'm glad to see so many people are still checking in.

Waving hi to the silent CC fans! Here's hoping we get more good news soon, whether in the form of a "Cats and Dogs" mid-season pick-up, or some other project!

Old 10-12-2004, 09:31 PM   #15
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I voted for Emma on The Division. It was such a departure from most of what she's gotten to play before, except the very best of her AtS material, that it was almost shocking. Anyone who likes to say Charisma "can't do drama" should see what she can do with the right script -- and the right kind of support.

Though I did love SJD for many of the reasons mentioned: that she carried the entire film, that she got to play against her prevailing image, and that she did such a great job of both.

And hey, Platy, we still get 350-400 unique registered visitors every day, just as we have since...dag. Season 3, I guess. Yeah, it surprises me, too.