Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2004, 12:07 PM   #1
v120176

Unhappy UPN picked another show for mid-season

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...evision_upn_dc

Quote:

"LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) In its first midseason order, UPN has picked up the comedy "The Bad Girl's Guide," starring Jenny McCarthy "

I don't know if this was told before here, or if "Cats & Dogs" has still a chance.
Do the Networks picked more than one?

Last edited by v120176; 06-17-2004 at 12:11 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:18 PM   #2
Prima
I have no idea...

Nope. But it's entirely possible.

While it's been some time since I've followed UPN's business plan closely, not more than a few years ago, the Valentine strategy was to be the "Blue Collar/Working Man's Channel" (aside: I'll have to try to track down the exact quote from Dean-o but it was pretty close to this).

Now there has been some executive changes over the years and this may not be their exact mission statement today (although, I still think it influences), McCarthy and her particular brand of Midwestern/Great Lakes state charm might have been deemed a better fit then CC's pilot.

Or it just might be that McCarthy is more of a household name than CC...but I don't necessarily think it means anything about the quality of Cats and Dogs nor that it's outta the game entirely.

ETA: Even so, if nothing more comes out of it other than it gave CC some more exposure? It's still all good in my book.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara

Last edited by Prima; 06-17-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote