Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2004, 09:46 AM   #46
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

A snippet about CC from the HR AtS issue (highlight for MM spoilers):
Quote:
Charisma Carpenter
Cordelia Chase

2003 likely won't be a year that Charisma Carpenter will soon forget: She welcomed the birth of her first child, began a popular recurring role on NBC's "Miss Match" and filmed the 100th episode of "Angel," bringing her portrayal of Cordelia Chase full-circle. [ed: And let's not forget that whole getting fired in the media thing. What an experience, huh? -- P.C.] (The episode marks Cordy's return to the show after slipping into a coma during the Season 4 finale.) Carpenter says her reunion with Boreanaz on the set was bittersweet. "I had a particular scene with David where we were repeating our dialogue, and it really rang true in the sense that I'm not there anymore -- and they address that," she says. "We were both kind of touched and having a moment there." Now that she has gained closure on playing Cordelia, Carpenter plans to take several meetings during pilot season and continue occasional appearances on "Match," where ---> she plays Ryan O'Neal's love interest. "Just pinch me," she says. "He's such a great person and so gorgeous. I'm having a great time right now." <---
So there you have the confirmation. It sounds as if they'd like to keep her around for the long haul if the show lasts. Wheeeeee!
Old 01-30-2004, 10:03 AM   #47
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Well, it seems to follow, Penny; after all, she had a relationship with a two centuries old vampire...

So why not go for someone younger, who is still under a century in age?

(For all the rabid B/A4evah!!!1! fans, of "course" C/A could NEVA be twu lub... OT, but why is it that B/Aers seem so ill mannered and strident? They've won; let us have our Cordy memories, huh? Gracious winning is a foreign concept, I guess.)
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:24 PM   #48
Platypus
The Pointy End

Hmmmm. Colour me complex, but (Spoilers for Miss Match)** I like the comedy potential of Serena dating Kate's dad. And I like Ryan O'Neal as a comedy actor - he's one of the people I'd like to see more of on the show. So far, it seems that he's used mostly to admonish or support Kate in turns, without much independent reason for being. I'm looking forward to this.** So all in all, I think this is good news.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:44 PM   #49
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
Hmmmm. Colour me complex, but (Spoilers for Miss Match)** I like the comedy potential of Serena dating Kate's dad. And I like Ryan O'Neal as a comedy actor - he's one of the people I'd like to see more of on the show. So far, it seems that he's used mostly to admonish or support Kate in turns, without much independent reason for being. I'm looking forward to this.** So all in all, I think this is good news.
Agreed, and agreed, and agreed. And there's something poetic about ---> an actress who was so often derided by the delusional and just plain quacked-up as being "too old" and "too ugly" for the WB and AtS and their precious, paunchy Angel being brought in as the Hot Young Thing involved with a wiry older man.<--- This is gonna be fun.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:11 PM   #50
Platypus
The Pointy End

I was just struck by an idea - anyone else up for a round of polite e-mails to NBC/Miss Match asking about when they are scheduled to return to the air? With a sly mention of how excited we are to see new episodes, especially the ones with Charisma?

It seems to me that right about now is when CC would be in the midst of pilot auditions/negotiations, and it would make a nice grass roots complement to the HR Ad.

Old 01-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #51
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Done.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #52
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
[...]she plays Ryan O'Neal's love interest. "Just pinch me," she says. "He's such a great person and so gorgeous. I'm having a great time right now." <---
Is it wrong that I'm squealing right now? Yay! This will be fun.

Oh, and that "began a popular recurring role" part? Made me smile a big smile, it did!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #53
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
I was just struck by an idea - anyone else up for a round of polite e-mails to NBC/Miss Match asking about when they are scheduled to return to the air? With a sly mention of how excited we are to see new episodes, especially the ones with Charisma?
And that address again...

MissMatch@nbc.com
Old 01-30-2004, 02:23 PM   #54
Platypus
The Pointy End

I sent mine in! Ahhhh, I feel like I've accomplished something today. Back to my spontaneously taken lazy vacation day!

Old 01-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #55
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Now this is a project I can get behind. The spoilers sound cool, can't wait to see what happens in MM-3 and MM-4.

Hopefully this will also lead to something once Pilot season starts up. I really hope to see her in a sitcom starting in the fall.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:37 PM   #56
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Unh! Me too! E-mail sent.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:26 PM   #57
williamthebloody
Rest in peace Queen C

when does MM hit the airwaves again?
Old 01-30-2004, 03:42 PM   #58
Bertha Blue

This is WONDERFUL news. This means that she never has to work with Jossy again, I don't have to hold out any hope that she will come back to ATS and she is moving onto bigger and better things even after being treated like absolute crap by the WB, ME and JW, seeing her so happy and actually enjoying her job, more than makes up.

She sounds so happy. Nobody deserves it more than her IJMHO. Thanks for bringing this over because I really needed some good news.

Now, this is news worth celebrating!

Edited for AtS spoilers by P.C.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #59
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Guys, I just went nuts editing a thread in the Cordyverse forum because you keep forgetting that EDITORIAL SPOILERS ARE STILL SPOILERS. Please try to keep right discussions in the right places. Thank yeeeeewwwww....
Old 01-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #60
Bertha Blue

I sent an e-mail. Told them that they should make CC a regular cast member.