Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2003, 11:09 PM   #1
tojoson

countdown to miss match-3

i'm goimg to guess somewhere about
13 weeks and counting

seeing as how they're still filming (CC's third episode was supposed to start filming today) they must be pretty confident that the show will return, probably in march

i will update the count weekly till we get a firm airdate.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:12 AM   #2
Jake

Miss Match likely to move time period

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...evision_nbc_dc

Quote:
As for "Miss Match," the Alicia Silverstone (news) vehicle that was bruised by ABC's TGIF comedy block and CBS' buzzworthy "Joan of Arcadia," Zucker said the network will show a little patience. "We like it a lot," Zucker said. "We don't think Friday's the proper night for it, so we're probably going to try and find another place for it."
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 08:31 AM   #3
starlet2367
glitterati

Re: Miss Match likely to move time period

Thanks, Tojo and Jake!

I'm glad they're showing a little patience with this one. I think, on the right night, it would be something viewers tuned into. I was reading this week's EW, which said one of the things that hurt MM was Hope & Faith--and part of that was Kelly Ripa having a show on every morning on which to advertise H&F. LOL

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:05 AM   #4
nickletv

More good news....

Variety reported this morning that four more eps have officially been ordered, bringing the total number for the season up to 17. Also they're contemplating bringing the show back earlier than March by putting it into a new timeslot. Link to the article below.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

Good for NBC for showing some patience. Even though it's after Boomtown

Nickle
nickletv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 06:15 PM   #5
tojoson

from tvtome

TV Guide Online reveals that "NBC has ordered four additional episodes of its low-rated Alicia Silverstone dramedy Miss Match." E!Online reports "NBC giving producers of Miss Match an order for four additional episodes, which brings the grand total to 17. Peacock prez Jeff Zucker also announcing the Alicia Silverstone series would benefit from a new timeslot next year."

if that last sentence is true, they really must like the show.

sure, MM only gets a 4-5 rating, but when you compare that to the top ratings for the night, typically 8-10, it's not really doing that bad, if it was shown on a better night, that would probably translate to a 9-11 rating

i wonder if CC will be in any of these new 4 episodes.

Last edited by tojoson; 12-15-2003 at 06:34 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:00 PM   #6
Jake

from Zap2it

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...191|1|,00.html

Quote:
The network has ordered four more episodes of "Miss Match," which stars Alicia Silverstone as a divorce lawyer by day, matchmaker by other parts of the day. That will bring the show to 17 episodes for its first season.

At the same time, though, the show is going on hiatus for the early part of 2004. NBC is moving "Ed" to "Miss Match's" 9 p.m. ET Friday spot in January, where it will run through most of February sweeps before ending its season early.

"Miss Match" will then return in late February or early March for the remaining six episodes of its run, an NBC spokeswoman says. The series has received mostly favorable reviews, but audiences haven't warmed to it as much as expected. Its first few episodes, which aired at 8 p.m. Fridays, were soundly beaten by CBS' "Joan of Arcadia." Since moving to 9 p.m., its fortunes have improved a little, but it draws only about 6.4 million viewers a week.

Its performance among NBC's target audience of adults 18-49 have been steady, hovering around a 2.5 rating, which is decent for a Friday show. It typically wins its timeslot among young women.

Last edited by Jake; 12-16-2003 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:11 PM   #7
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm happily surprised by how much patience the network has had with this show, they must really like it.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:15 PM   #8
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

maybe if they made the lead a little more interesting and stop making her "perfect" then people would watch. all of the supporting characters seem to have "flaws", her dad is "money hungry" and lecherous, nick is pretty much the "smarmy lawyer", her best friend is a bartender who obviosly doesn't make enough money if she has to moonlight as an elf, plus she pretty much fell into bed with santa before the first date. the guest stars seem to be "flawed" too, but kate just lords her perfectness over everyone thinking that she is never wrong. but the supporting characters are the more interesting ones esp. with their "flaws". plus they had the kate/michael thing way too soon. they need to show the supporting characters more than kate or try to make kate more human.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:20 PM   #9
Jake

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan
I'm happily surprised by how much patience the network has had with this show, they must really like it.
All the e-mails, faxes, and letters from Charisma fans probably haven't hurt.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:33 PM   #10
tojoson

not to dump on NBC because after all they are showing an enormous amount of patience with the show, but their tryout on another night just didn't strike me as smart, the way they did it.

MM is on opposite JAG, the highest rated show on that night, so for a tryout, they put it on monday opposite CSI MIAMI, the highest rated show of THAT night, and which has almost double the ratings of JAG.

miss match had it's average ratings last night:
4.5/7 fast nationals
2.8 households
Old 12-16-2003, 02:53 PM   #11
Catherine

Not only did Victoria jump Santa, she jumped Nick in last night's ep. (and I don't mean St. Nick). She's a bit of a Ho-ho-ho if you ask me...
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:29 PM   #12
Bibliophile

NBC finally added the Charisma pic to their Miss Match site.

Click here!

Last edited by Bibliophile; 12-16-2003 at 06:31 PM.
Bibliophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:04 PM   #13
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Bibliophile
NBC finally added the Charisma pic to their Miss Match site.

Click here!
Ssssssssssssssscore!

Thanks, Biblio!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:56 PM   #14
tojoson

from tv tome

Charisma Carpenter's third appearance on Miss Match will be an episode titled "Divorce Happens". An episode that will also have Nathan Fillion and Dina Meyer as guest stars.

no airdate listed yet.

how would you like to see kate fix serena up with nathan fillion's character.

i could just see the glow in his eyes if that happened, (the way he talked about charisma, i.e. 'she's gorgeous')
Old 12-16-2003, 10:18 PM   #15
Jake

Very cool. Thanks, tj.