Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #76
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Aww, what a great interview. Thanks for the link. I can't wait for The Expendables to get released, only a few more months

I can't believe CC spent a whole month in New Zealand just filming that one episode of LotS
Old 01-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #77
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

First impressions: Charisma looks great, if not somewhat tired.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #78
Aerynv

Was it any good?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #79
Livvie
nutcase

For a Syfy movie, I went in with very very low expectations but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, there was cheesy dialogue, there were some really poorly done effects, but I didn't think it was as bad as I was expecting. I mean, I was expecting Crow Wicked Prayer levels of bad here. LOL

The only thing that annoys me is that with SyFy, lately, all their horror movies --->have to have a everyone dies ending. It's like the movie isn't over until they slaughter everyone. It's getting kind of tired and cliched<---
Old 01-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #80
DamnSkippy

I agree, Livvie. I was really dreading having to sit through a Syfy movie - even for CC. In fact, I planned to record it and and zip through it for the CC parts only. But, I started watching about 15 minutes in, fastforwarded through the overacting crap in the beginning, and found it to be not so bad after that. I was surprised by the production values. Usually, it looks like these movies are shot in a warehouse on 8 MM. I agree the CGI was bad in places and the ending was ugh, but not too bad overall. And, I think CC did an excellent job. She pulls off vulnerable very well.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #81
tojoson

Not too bad, but there were some things that bothered me.

just in case >>They never let CC work to her potential, but I did see a couple of Cordy-like looks and facial expressions.

There were some things that were somewhat--whedonlike, doing something and not explaining it, using it just because it looks kool, (The key is in the music--when did they tell Corin's character), (that stuff they poured down the well--what's up with that?)

I think CC could have done better as Corin's character.
<<

But overall, I was happy to see Charisma again, and the movie didn't really suck.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #82
tojoson

From The Futon Critic.

Quote:
SYFY ORIGINAL MOVIE HOUSE OF BONES, STARRING CHARISMA CARPENTER, LIFTS CHANNEL TO #1 IN PRIME AMONG ADULTS 25-54 ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 16

New York, NY -- January 20, 2010 -- The Syfy Original Movie premiere of House of Bones (starring Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Charisma Carpenter and Stargate SG-1's Corin Nemec), investigated 1.8 million total viewers, more than 1.0 million Adults 25-54 and 893K Adults 18-49 during its premiere on Saturday, January 16, from 9-11PM (ET/PT).

This performance powered Syfy to #1 for prime versus all basic cable entertainment networks in Adults 25-54.

Compared to the most recent Saturday original movie premiere, Annihilation Earth, on December 12, 2009, House of Bones soared 68% among Adults 18-49 and 34% among Adults 25-54.

Most of the reviews I've read said the movie was better that they thought it would be, and they gave props to CC for her performance, or complained that she wasn't used to her level of performance
Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #83
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Well that's really cool Thanks for the information!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #84
Aerynv

I really want to see it. Is it anyway online?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #85
Syn
insane clown girl

I didn't like it. CC kind of drifted around in the first half and didn't do much. The second half she got more proactive, but I wasn't engaged at all. My hopes weren't high, and by the end I was watching it without really paying attention.

Watch it for the Charisma factor, but fast forward if you can.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #86
Luna
The heart never dies

I live in Germany, so I couldnīt watch it. Though it hadnīt been very great from what Iīve read, Iīd like to see it because of Charisma, so I have the same question if it is online to watch or to download.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #87
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I've only seen it available on-line as a torrent. SciFi usually puts their stuff up on Hulu sooner or later, though that's not much use outside the US...
Old 01-22-2010, 01:10 AM   #88
Emmangel
Administrator

Does anyone know if SciFi usually release their movies on DVD. I know the horrendous Mammoth is, so I guess there is a chance, but I wasn't sure if they release them all be default?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #89
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Wow, talk about your coincidences.

I checked the SyFy (!) store site. The availability of their original movies seems spotty at best, but there were some.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #90
nodakskip

Its a little late but there is a new Trailer posted at the Bullet Films website on the "House of Bones"

http://activeentertainment.com/index...ouse-of-bones/