Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
tojoson

TV Guide wants CC for DWTS

list here

She's wanted as the Female Hottie. (true)

I think it would give CC some great exposure.
Look how much Mario Lopez got out of it.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
starlet2367
glitterati

And with her cheering background, you know she'd be a great dancer!
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

That would be great! My M-I-L and F-I-L watch it all the time, and I'm sure if CC were on it I'd be joining them.

Let's hope the DWTS people are paying attention to TV Guide and something comes of it.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
DamnSkippy

While I'm sure she'd be great since she does have a ballet background, a huge part of me *never* wants to see her do any of these reality TV shows. Yeah, I watch them, but it seems to me the only people on them are those "my career is over and this is all I've got" celebs. Please let her get something much, much better and regular!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
samsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
While I'm sure she'd be great since she does have a ballet background, a huge part of me *never* wants to see her do any of these reality TV shows. Yeah, I watch them, but it seems to me the only people on them are those "my career is over and this is all I've got" celebs. Please let her get something much, much better and regular!
Oh God, I'm so glad someone else thinks so!
I pretty much think the same thing. I want CC to concentrate on sitcoms and dramas. Maybe an ensemble if her alone isn't enough to carry it. There are new shows popping up on cable all the time, so hopefully she's auditioning for those and not dancing with the stars or some such. Not that I don't think she'd totally kick ass she deserves MORE.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
eric_rhapsody04

it's a really good idea

eric_rhapsody04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
Bryan

Didn't Lucy Lawless do this? It seems to have been good for her.

I'm not in the business, so I don't know, but I always feel that Charisma maintains too low a profile for her own good - what do you think?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
samsmom

LL was the star of her own show for six years and married the producer, Rob Tapert. Not saying she's not talented or hard working but she had more connections than CC and no Joss Whedon blackening her resume. I also thought LL played up the blond bombshell act way too much on DWTS, like she was catering to whoever was watching (imo, of course).

CC isn't twenty something and has a young son, so she can't go out and be where the paps are, mainly clubs and such late at night. It's hard to maintain any kind of high profile these days unless you do.

What I think she should do is exactly what she is doing, which is to keep auditioning and testing. It might also help if she does commercials. But I'm not in the business either, so this might all be very bad advice. lol

Last edited by samsmom; 08-21-2008 at 06:47 PM.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
Christine

Hi have not posted in awhile, but like everyone here I've been waiting for Charisma to get her break. I have to agree that D.W.T.S. to me is more of a place TV Stars seem to go when they have been absent for a long while and seem to need a job. Now I don't watch the show, only once when the Speed skater Olympic champion was on, ( Anton Ono) forgive me I forget the name, if thats incorrect. It seems everyone in BTVS, and Angel have shown up on TV, even Vincent Kartheiser is on Mad MEN now. I never saw him anywhere since Angel and he ends up on a hit Tv show. I don't know if CC, is just not having any luck, or if mabey insisting on a half hour sitcom has limited her chances. I even thought her fall out with J.W. has kept her from working on alot of shows, but thats hard to believe. If they only think of her in a scifi type of show I could see that mabey being a problem, but she's done other things like Veronica Mars. By the way, does anyone know didn't she get that job because she was friendly with Kristen Bell? Too bad Bell couldn't suggest her for Heros. I think she would be great on the show. She has experience in this type of program too. She did want to be Wonder Woman, that would make up for it. I wish Tom Kring among other people, would think of hiring her. There is so many shows I could see her doing, but then, I'm not a TV producer. I think the age thing is dumb, 37 is not old.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
Cata
... in her smile.

I got the impresion that she auditioned for Heroes according to this quote from Edge Magazine

Quote:
This is fascinating backstage stuff. So what are the stories being told in 2007? What are you looking to do?
This is not the time to be selective (laughs). If I don't respond to a character, I won't go in. But I think my niche is half-hour. Comedy. And I get the best response from that. But I'd love to do one-hours. I want to work - the artistry, the collaboration. House Divided sounds like a good show coming up. Heroes. Watch for these. (yawns) Sorry. I'm just waking up.
,but I could be wrong. I'd like to speculate and say it was Tina.

Love can be a terrible thing. - Wes.
I used to think that. I thought love was - something that swallowed you whole, ripped you up inside, but, you know, what I feel for Connor, even that fear... - Wes, it's - it's not terrible. (Sighs and looks down) It's beautiful. - Angel, "Loyalty".

Have to play to win. - Angel, "The House Always Wins".
Cata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #11
Christine

Then, that was last year not this year. I think for this season they where casting more people for Villians so here's hoping she gets her chance.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote