Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 07-20-2004, 05:58 PM   #16
brownsbros3

Also in the season three finale "Tomorrow" Angel referred to his previous relationships with women (i.e. Buffy and Darla) as a "tragic farce." Last time I checked, that's not a good thing.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:07 PM   #17
cordynangel
Hopeless Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
Also in the season three finale "Tomorrow" Angel referred to his previous relationships with women (i.e. Buffy and Darla) as a "tragic farce." Last time I checked, that's not a good thing.
True enough

C/A was the perfect match, can't argue with ya there!
cordynangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #18
Luna
The heart never dies

Buffy had always been more inconsiderate of Angel than Cordy. Cordy cared about him in a way Buffy never did.

Joss was so cruel to destroy that, I´ll never forgive him!
Old 07-24-2004, 06:07 PM   #19
brownsbros3

Cordelia really got inside Angel's head. She cared about his thoughts and feelings. He was able to open up to her more than anyone else in his life.

Buffy was so busy with her slayer stuff that she never really got to know Angel the man. All she seemed to care about was Angel the forbidden fantasy lover.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:58 PM   #20
Luna
The heart never dies

Angel and Cordy were connected souls, they knew what each other thought and felt.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #21
brownsbros3

The other day on TNT they aired the episode, "Provider." Now I know there were a lotta folks that didn't like the episode overall, but I just loved that last scene. It's the one with Cordelia and Angel lying on his bed with the baby in between, and them trying to plan his future while about to fall asleep. My mother, who has never really watched the show, agreed with me that the three of them were just so cute together.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:35 PM   #22
Luna
The heart never dies

I also like the scene in "Birthday" when Angel hugs Cordy after she woke up.

That´s so sweet!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:56 AM   #23
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Thumbs up

Well, C/A have appealed to me in a lot of ways. It all started in Buffy. You know how Cordelia was always trying to get Angel, unsuccessfully. lol Then, when I found out Charisma was moving to Angel along with David, I said to myself, "Those two are going to get together". It was inevitable.

To answer the question, what appealed to me was the growing friendship C/A had. I mean, their friendship grew over the years, and it gave them the chance to understand eachother inside and out. What's best, is that they realized they loved eachother through all of this. I think someone said it here somewhere, in that Cordy/Angel had time to develop, where as Buffy/Angel was just angst love in your face, and they didn't develop a friendship as strong as C/A did. It wasn't said like that, but I added my 2 cents.

Although, they ultimately couldn't be together, their friendship said more than anything else.

~nikki~
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 05:42 PM   #24
brownsbros3

Well, if Angel did die in that alley, then maybe he and Cordy are together again. However, I came up with an alternate to that. If you want you can check out my season six fantasy fan-fic of Angel episodes 1-22, and my brand new season seven episode 1, in the serial fan fiction section of this website.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:15 AM   #25
JoJo

Quote:
Buffy was so busy with her slayer stuff that she never really got to know Angel the man. All she seemed to care about was Angel the forbidden fantasy lover.
I've been saying that for years! One thing I love about this bb, is that I can finally speak my mind without being yelled down by Bangels.

I'll take C/A friendship or romance. Either way, their relationship always seemed more solid, it was grounded in friendship, not teenage angst.

I'd love to see Buffy and Angel reunited and find out, after spending time together, that they have nothing common and/or can't stand each other.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:05 AM   #26
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Talking

Agreed JoJo. I take it at other bb's you've got attacked by Bangels? It's ashame, really. People can't appreciate others' opinions.

Angel + Buffy= Huge teen angst

Angel + Cordelia= hardcore friendship.

Buffy saw Angel as a vampire with a soul. Yeah, she loved him, but she constantly threw it in his face that he can't give her what she wants, and that he is a dead being.

Cordelia saw Angel as a man. Cordelia loved Angel for him. She didn't even think about what he can GIVE her. Angel was what she wanted, and that was it. I think Angel loved that about Cordy. She never judged him the way Buffy did.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:20 PM   #27
brownsbros3

Another thing, Angel's was first attracted to Buffy based on her outer beauty. With Cordelia, while of course he thought she was beautiful, it was the type of person she was (the inner beauty) that attracted him to her.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #28
tojoson

Buffy cared about what Angel could do for her, Cordy cared about what SHE could do for Angel
Old 10-20-2004, 09:16 AM   #29
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
Another thing, Angel's was first attracted to Buffy based on her outer beauty. With Cordelia, while of course he thought she was beautiful, it was the type of person she was (the inner beauty) that attracted him to her.
OMG, yes! Interesting you mentioned that b/c I just now figured that out yesterday when I was watching Season 1 Buffy...again. You must have read my mind. lol
Old 10-24-2004, 05:58 AM   #30
swedish_cordy

I like A/C because:

1. She made him realize that he can live with himself.
2. He made her grow
3. They were best friends, they were always there for each other.
4. They accepted each other and only saw the best in the other.
5. Even tough Joss screwd the realationship they still are acording to me the best Whedonverse couple even if they didn't lived their relationship out (I haven't watched you're welcome yet).
swedish_cordy is offline   Reply With Quote